Dune du Pilat - Europe's tallest sand dune appears suddenly in 1700's.

CyborgNinja

Reactions
The Dune of Pilat or "Dune du Pilat", also "Grande Dune du Pilat" is the tallest sand dune in Europe. It is located in La Teste-de-Buch in the Arcachon Bay area, France, 60 km from Bordeaux. There are many anomalous natural features found throughout the world, the dune of Pilat is one such place. Not wanting to over simplify what i'm sure 'experts' will likely tell us is the result of complex environmental forces acting in concert over thousands and thousands of years but doesn't it just look like some giant child has poured a huge bucket of sand down onto the Arcachon forest?

Perhaps you will not agree with my giant sand baby hypothesis but I saw this exotic destination featured on a recent t.v. travel show and it definitely piqued my interest. It's just so bizarre to behold. When you've been at this as long as I have, you see something like "Le Dune du Pilat" and you already know the official story (whatever that is) will probably have more holes than Swiss cheese.

1525281141512.png

Let us start where all serious internet investigators begin, Wikipedia...

...The dune has a volume of about 60,000,000 m³, measuring around 500 m wide from east to west and 2.7 km in length from north to south. Its height is currently 110 meters above sea level. The dune is a famous tourist destination with more than one million visitors per year...

...To back this evidence of coastal movement, maps from 1708 and 1786 both place areas with the name Pilat to the south and off-shore of the current dune's location. The area where the dune currently stands was referred to as "Les Sabloneys," or "The New Sands," until the 1930s, when it was renamed by real estate developers as the Dune of Pilat. Pilat originates from the Gascon word Pilhar, which refers to a heap or mound...

OK so right of the bat we discover a huge 'giga' ton of sand plonked in the middle of their forest was originally referred to by locals as "The NEW sands". Does this mean the dune was new to these locals of Pilat?

Where is the hard science on this though, we need some geology boffin to tell us how its nothing more than a boring natural process requiring millions of years to really kill my buzz right now. Here is the official narrative, Essentially the dune has been gradually formed in 4-5 stages over thousands of years with long periods of nothing in between, they know this because of plant material and dead bugs and stuff found in each layer. "...Radiocarbon ages indicate the date of the burial by sand dunes, since about 3500 years ago.." http://www.dune-pyla.com/

dessin-paleo.gif

5 stages of dune formation.png

Construction of the Great Dune of Pyla. (History).png

"It took thousands of years." The science equivalent of "A wizard did it. Now stop asking questions."

So radiocarbon triumphs over evil once again now everyone can go back to sleep. I'll leave my issues with the unreliability of radiocarbon 14 dating for a future article but suffice it to say, me and radiocarbon got beef and if i ever see radiocarbon on the street, I'm gonna open up a can of whip ass. Full belly to belly suplex .

KurtAngle-BellyToBellySuplex4.gif

Finish him!
OK so just to labour this point here, no one can honestly say for sure that they know the real story or are able to give us any definitive answers on anything really. All we'll ever have in this life are our own personal experiences and the stories of others. A take it or leave it kinda deal. Therefore lets have a look at this here dune and see if we can't draw some of our own conclusions from the available information. Shall we...

Dune du Pilat 1700 map.png

The thousand year old Dune of Pilat missing
from a 18th century map you say?

The above comparison map was supplied by the Department of Geosciences of Princeton University, you can read their report on Paleosols at Dune du Pilat Reveal Ancient Landscapes and Wind Velocities here. This 1700's map was made during the reign of Louis the Fourteenth and clearly shows no thousand year old sand dune. The report does however conclude that the dune is moving east and "...has moved 25m over the course of the last 7 years." That equates to 3.57m per year. Consistent with the official narrative that based on the current volume, assuming natural forces are responsible, Dune du Pilat is 3500 years old and the cartographer from 1700 didn't include the dune in his 1700 map because reasons! Further more, it is always important to remember that not only are the people who came before us dumb knuckle dragging savages but that we ourselves are also dumby dumb dumbs and we must always trust in those scientists and never in our own intuition.

When I first saw Dune du Pilat I immediately thought, yes giant sand baby, but then immediately following that I was reminded of an old myth told by a tribe of indians who spoke of a time long ago following a terrible storm they woke to find their village buried beneath a desert of sand. Something happened in our past, long enough ago for us to forget but no later than the 1700's which created enormous environmental shifts and cataclysmic changes over night. I don't like the buzz word 'climate change' but its popularly accepted that environments can change dramatically in short periods of time.

This isn't even an isolated event, Tottori sand dune in west Japan is just as 'out of place'as Dune du Pilat. Is it so hard to believe that some giant cataclysm dumped huge amounts of sand out of the ocean and onto dry land?

tottori sand dune.png

Tottori-sakyu
Fukubecho Yuyama
Tottori, Tottori Prefecture. Japan.

Attachments

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
The rectangular shape is not the most common for natural formations. Where the sand comes from is always a mystery (bar scientific explanation). Same issue we have with Sahara. Where is the sand from?

Another thing I would look into, is the "Pilat" part. There is a Mount in France with the same name. What's the origin?

humanoidlord

Reactions
looks like an rogue remmant of some previous mud flood
theres an very similar dune in the san luis valley an area wich coincidentally (or not) is an hotpost for paranormal activity