Downtime mystery

Site was down for a few hours for an unknown reason.

Hosting customer service had no clear understanding of what was happening.

Then, suddenly, everything started working again.

Essentially I do not know what downed the website, but I would love to find out to prevent this from happening in the future. There is nothing in the error logs or anywhere else. Just plain weird.

Anyways, if you run into any errors, please PM me with those. Do not post errors in this thread please.

This is just an FYI message.

dreamtime

Having your own webserver usually prevents errors like this, but it's also a bit more work. Lots of technical stuff happening in the background with shared hosting that you don't have any control over, and errors happen.

dreamtime

Oh ok. I thought I remembered you said something about shared hosting when talking about plugins.

After getting no access I had the impression it was related to the domain and nameserver resolution, because the entire website was gone without any typical error, which in my experience is usually related to the interface between domain and webhosting.

ISeenItFirst

Oh ok. I thought I remembered you said something about shared hosting when talking about plugins.

After getting no access I had the impression it was related to the domain and nameserver resolution, because the entire website was gone without any typical error, which in my experience is usually related to the interface between domain and webhosting.
This is how it appeared to me as well.
No expert, of course, as you all know by now I am a generalist. Familiar with about everything, expert at nearly nothing.

Ice Nine

This is how it appeared to me as well.
No expert, of course, as you all know by now I am a generalist. Familiar with about everything, expert at nearly nothing.
Jack of all trades, master of none. (That's my line sometimes)

Yes I was rather miffed at first, but since I went every other place I wanted to I just figured we were on to something big and got shut down. Not really but you never know.
smiley-scared004.gif

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CyborgNinja Technology 6