Skype, Nazi Style

Searching

Reactions
I was looking at Gyro cars, trains and monowheels of the early 20th century and saw the Duesenberg Coupé Simone.

Duesenberg Coupé Simone.jpg
It got me thinking about German technology ahead of its time...

Like, oh, I don't know, a German videophone:

First public video telephone service
The world's first public video telephone service was developed by Dr. Georg Schubert and opened by the German Reichspost in 1936, but which quickly closed in 1940 due to the WWII. In that service trial, video telephone lines linked Berlin to Nuremberg, Munich, and Hamburg, with terminals integrated within public telephone booths and transmitting at the same resolution as the first German TV sets, at 440 lines. The service was offered to the general public who had to simultaneously visit special post office videotelephone booths in their respective cities.

People went to their post office and Skyped. In Germany. In 1936.

First public video telephone service​.jpg

Both the Duesenberg and the Videophone were lost at the beginning of WWII.
As the drums of war were beating and Hitler was moving into France, many fine automobiles were stored in hide-a-ways to keep them out of the hands of the Nazis. The "Duezy" was lost somewhere on the french countryside at the beginning of WW2. There still is a chance that some day "Simone Midnight Ghost" will be found in a shabby old barn however it's also possible that it was destroyed during the war.

First public video telephone service​_1.jpg

The German post office announced ambitious plans to extend their public videophone network to Cologne, Frankfurt and Vienna, Austria, but expansion plans were discontinued in 1939 with the start of the Second World War. After Germany subsequently became fully engaged in the war its public videophone system was closed in 1940...
AND
A similar commercial post office system was also created in France during the late-1930s.

Questions:
-Where is the video of the videophone? I can't find it. The Germans surely would have recorded that. It was the same time the '36 Olympics were broadcast, so they had the technology as evidenced also by videophones.

-Technology-wise, where would the world be today if the war hadn't impeded the progress?

History of videotelephony - Wikipedia
Videophone - ATWiki
The Strange Case of the "Midnight Ghost"

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Sounds like we do not know the whole story pertaining to these video phones. Here is what we are supposed to believe in reference to the below image.
The cartoon below is from the pen of George du Maurier, printed in the Punch Almanack for 1879. Although titled “Edison’s Telephonoscope” it is not, in fact, a creation of Thomas Edison’s at all (either realised or proposed) but rather an imagining by Maurier of what the great inventor might come up with next: a machine which, for all intents and purposes, amounts to some kind of Victorian Skype. A mother and father - the “Pater- and Materfamilias” - sit at home and converse with, while also viewing, their children at play across the other side of the world.
Edison's Telephonoscope
telephonoscope_1.jpg

The Telephonoscope (1879)
Looks like Nazis took a much older technology, and incorporated it into real life. It's like the story with everything else they chose not to develop until like 50+ years later: pneumatic trains, electric cars, fax, etc.

LordAverage

Reactions
Kind of a random thought but does anyone else feel in the last 5-10 years they have just given up with advancing technology and inventing new useful things? They just re-release stuff slightly better each year but I can't think of many actual breakthroughs or real advancements.

Could very well just be a product of capitalism/maximising profits but i'm not sure. As for this, very interesting, if you asked most people they would say we could start doing video calls 20 years ago or something (some might suggest even much more recently).

dreamtime

Reactions
Kind of a random thought but does anyone else feel in the last 5-10 years they have just given up with advancing technology and inventing new useful things? They just re-release stuff slightly better each year but I can't think of many actual breakthroughs or real advancements.

Could very well just be a product of capitalism/maximising profits but i'm not sure. As for this, very interesting, if you asked most people they would say we could start doing video calls 20 years ago or something (some might suggest even much more recently).
I guess that's exactly what happens when a society is brought to a certain path that is ultimately a dead end. Basically between 1900 and 1950 all branches of science that could lead to real breakthroughs were suppressed. That means there is no way at all for breakthroughs to happen nowadays, because even if there is a breakthrough, if it doesn't happen in academia, it doesn't even get reported.

100 years ago there were still alternatives to the scientific dogmas, and those alternatives would have created a different kind of technology. Biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, education, architecture, it's all streamlined into a single ideology that can not create something fundamentally beneficial for humans.

Everything we do nowadays was already known as a concept or reality 50 or 100 or 200 years ago. We just perfected it.

There is no permitted way for diseases to be fundamentally healed in the current medical dogma.
There is no permitted way for humans to discover their true potential in current education dogma.
There is no permitted way for physics to find anything beyond our own little world.
There is no permitted way for technology to go a different route.

There can be no breakthrough in chemistry, biology, physics, etc. when no one is allowed to think in terms of energy and wholeness.

The dead end can be best observed in physics, where the idiocy of relativity, quantum physics, etc. has reached a point where everything is only theoretical, because it's a madness that has nothing to do with reality anymore. There will never be anything practical come from this branch of science. Never. It's simply not possible to create something from a concept that has nothing to do with reality.

Sometimes you read an article or watch news about something were scientists say this could change things, but then no one actually acts on it, and the breakthrough disappears. Usually it is related to energy/electricity in a certain way, related to free human energy/potential. That's why Tesla wrote about the problem of increasing human energy.

Ultimately the current ideas all come down to restricting or wasting energy, so there is simply no way for a different route. While even with todays knowledge things could be awesome for everyone, and we could live in abundance theoretically, not only is there a very narrow selection of allowed technologies, the available technology/knowledge/resources are also restricted to a minority. For example we can already build houses with almost no energy requierements and renovation, but of course that would defeat the idea of keeping humans busy.

Last edited:

tupperaware

Reactions
Its easy to see via a typical fractal image metaphor

fractal 1.jpg

that our scientific progress usually becomes ever more subdivided and specialized. Crossing up and over to another arm takes a lot of "energy".

Constructal Theory is a relatively recent fundamental "law" that covers a lot of ground and explains "channeling" well. We will rechannel quite a bit when the Electric Universe theory starts influencing astrophysics more and it will as more of its theories are proven.

Constructal Theory

Here is another theory strong enough to rechannel quite a bit of medicine. Ideas, Concepts, and Observations Vitamin A as more often than not - a poison. This person like the discoverer of Constructal Theory is a mechanical engineer.

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
Its easy to see via a typical fractal image metaphor

that our scientific progress usually becomes ever more subdivided and specialized. Crossing up and over to another arm takes a lot of "energy".

Constructal Theory is a relatively recent fundamental "law" that covers a lot of ground and explains "channeling" well. We will rechannel quite a bit when the Electric Universe theory starts influencing astrophysics more and it will as more of its theories are proven.

Constructal Theory

Here is another theory strong enough to rechannel quite a bit of medicine. Ideas, Concepts, and Observations Vitamin A as more often than not - a poison. This person like the discoverer of Constructal Theory is a mechanical engineer.

Supposedly, we are entering the age of Aquarius, and Aquarius' ruling planet is Uranus, which is the planet associated with electricity.
Aquarius is the eleventh astrological sign in the Zodiac. Uranus has been considered a modern co-ruler of this age..... the lighting up of the earth artificially by electricity is a sign of the Age of Aquarius.
Aquarius - Astrology, Astronomy, Mythology - Crystalinks

Many may scoff at this idea as some fruity New Age mumbo jumbo, but that is just societal programming coming to the surface. Those who came before us watched the heavens for "signs and seasons", and they knew much more than we do.

Whaduzitake

Reactions
wow, this is crazy! They had the concept of a videophone in the late 1800's and we didn't get skype until ?? Not sure when skype came about. It seems like the movies showed more advanced things before their time, like flat screen t.v.s I remember seeing an old black and white movie that showed a flat screen t.v. and I thought how weird is that? How did they film that when flat screens weren't even around until the 2000's (?). Does anyone feel like we have no history, we were all just put here in the middle of a film or something? It's like the set was put up and we were all put here and the director called "action" and then our lives began. I know that sounds crazy, and I'm not explaining it well, but thought I'd throw that out there.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
That is exactly what it feels like. We have no history because it was taken from us and replaced with a timeline that doesn't make sense. We live in a world filled with buildings that we didn't construct, and technology that was stolen. The world feels increasingly alien to me.

WorldWar1812

Reactions
There is no permitted way for diseases to be fundamentally healed in the current medical dogma.
There is no permitted way for humans to discover their true potential in current education dogma.
There is no permitted way for physics to find anything beyond our own little world.
There is no permitted way for technology to go a different route.
Sad but true.

The Strange case of Wilhelm Reich (2012)