Pope's hat, Moses's horns and Vatican's praise of Lucifer

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Yup, this is the most logical explanation in reference to Moses's horns. Leaves us wondering though why Michelangelo would do something like that and get away with it during those crazy times. I have hard time believing that in 1500s they did not know that Moses was not supposed to have any horns.

Confusing sitiation.

nothingnew

Reactions
Alexander the Great was also occasionaly depicted with horns, right?

Maybe it was a sign to show that these people were channeling the horned entity through themselves? Could they all be related to one another? (The seed of the "devil" if you want?)

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions

humanoidlord

Reactions
The sacrificial practices to Moloch have been going on for far longer then one would like to admit.
strange that this moloch guy appeared in a civilization that build pretty impressive structures, its almost like if he was something invented to frame them as ugly barbarians who sacrifice children....

He sure was: Faux marble, Alexander the Great, Dhul-Qarnayn, Ivan the Terrible and our Lost History

One way or the other those horns have to mean something.
they were part of extinct horned race
again we are mixing too much truth with mysticism and religion, lets stop please
we will adopt a materialistic view for now

whitewave

Reactions
strange that this moloch guy appeared in a civilization that build pretty impressive structures, its almost like if he was something invented to frame them as ugly barbarians who sacrifice children....

they were part of extinct horned race
again we are mixing too much truth with mysticism and religion, lets stop please
we will adopt a materialistic view for now

I think we all get that YOU don't like religious discussions by now but when discussing ancient societies you have to consider what THEY thought was important. There's really no materialistic evidence for an extinct horned race but there IS materialistic evidence for several religiously inclined cultures. In researching ancient civilizations/societies it's extremely self-limiting to exclude the religious aspect of an entire peoples' belief system.

What societies do in their daily life (build great structures, sacrifice children, etc.) is based on what they believe. No one is arguing that their beliefs were rational, just that they existed.

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
I think we all get that YOU don't like religious discussions by now but when discussing ancient societies you have to consider what THEY thought was important. There's really no materialistic evidence for an extinct horned race but there IS materialistic evidence for several religiously inclined cultures. In researching ancient civilizations/societies it's extremely self-limiting to exclude the religious aspect of an entire peoples' belief system.

What societies do in their daily life (build great structures, sacrifice children, etc.) is based on what they believe. No one is arguing that their beliefs were rational, just that they existed.
The systems and designs and names, basically, our given history, is replete with symbolism. Much of it ties into these religions.

Here we have VIRGINia and MARYland, with the distiric of COLUMBia coming out of the middle.

humanoidlord

Reactions

of course they existed, i also have my own spiritual beliefs but they are beyond this forum

asatiger1966

Reactions
This is most likely a coincidence, but I figured I'd ask for an opinion. I came across this book titled Secret Book of Honour of the Fugger by Jörg Breu the Younger (1545-1549). It shares a common story of its discovery. As early as 1896, several substantial Hebrew texts of Sirach, copied in the 11th and 12th centuries, were found in the Cairo geniza. The original was supposedly written from approximately 200 to 175 B.C. Here is the source if you are interested: Book of the All-Virtuous Wisdom of Yeshua ben Sira - wiki, and actual book.

Shimon ben Yeshua ben Eliezer ben Sira or Jesus Ben Sirach, (fl. 2nd century B.C.) was a Hellenistic Jewish scribe, sage, and allegorist from Jerusalem. He is the author of the Book of Sirach, also known as the Book of Ecclesiasticus.

So there is this image of this Jesus Sirach, which kind of sticks out with this interesting shape hat.

Somehow I thought of two other "head ornaments" I observed recently. Below we have the Pope's head gear and the horned version of Moses.

And in this regard, may be whoever is versed in Catholicism, could explain the below Vatican's praise to Lucifer.

One of the comments to the below YouTube video:

What are your thoughts? And what's up with this Lucifer praise?

P.S. I do know that there is an alternate explanation for the Pope's hat.

P.P.S Same Sirach book I mentioned at the beginning has two images presented below. Notice the eagles at the bottom. One has two heads, and the other has one. Somehow the text block from the two headed page is not there. Weird?

If we wanted to hide our true intent, would we not speak in a dead langue/ One step above forbidding the masses to read, especially the bible.
My Grandfather , whom my sister and I spent two weeks every summer at his farm. He had bible worship every Sunday on the sun-porch. Afterward he would roll a Sir Walter Raleigh cigarette and have my Grandmother bring his morning hottie toddy.
He was a 33 degree Mason and men came from many contiguous States seeking his advice, what about I do not know. One subject sticks in my memory, he hated catholics, said they were evil and should be wiped out. Is that consistent with know history?

Mabzynn

Reactions
Another horned Moses spotting from the map posted here:

I'll just add more here as well. I understand these dates are all crazy because i see plenty of Byzantine/Ptolemaic Moses depictions with no horns.

15th-century fresco in Croatia

Plaque with Moses, Aaron, and the Brazen Serpent in Cologne, circa 1200
mosesSerpent.jpg

Pennnacchi, Pier Maria - Moses Late 15th / early 16th century. Painted panel ceiling, Santa Maria dei Miracoli.

Last quarter of the 16th century Church of the Redeemer

Netherlandish Painters - The Fall of Manna. 1515-20.

Aaron looking identical to Jesus Sirach. Moses with horns. Moses, Aaron, and the Jewish People Worship the Trinity. Church of St. Peter, Munich, Germany.

Book of Miracles
Book-of-Miracles-5.jpg

Last edited:

BrokenAgate

Reactions
KorbenDallas" said:
What are your thoughts? And what's up with this Lucifer praise?
Well, it's pretty clear that they worship Satan. Why else would they be singing his praises? I bet there's not one Catholic in the audience, aside from the high priests (pope, bishops, whatever), who know exactly what this guy is singing. He has a nice singing voice, too. Such a pity it's being wasted on this drivel.

The Pope's pointy hat, if it were worn sideways, certainly would look like a couple of horns. Was Moses wearing a similar headdress, only it got lost in translation through the centuries?

Red Bird

Reactions
I remembered reading that Alexander the Great’s mother, Olympias, was one interesting woman. Definitely a mamma’s boy
The Mother of Alexander the Great: Olympias - History of Royal Women

Philip walked in to find Olympias sleeping with snakes, which basically brought an end to their relationship. Olympias was known to be a devout member of the cult, Dionysos. Dionysos, in Greek mythology, was the son of Zeus and Semele who had a cult dedicated to him. Olympias, who was a longtime member of the cult, may have introduced the practice of snake handling to the cult.

It’s said she told Alexander that Zeus was his father. Zeus was often depicted with horns, so it’s probably symbology to give him god status. Maybe he actually had them, though.

I just remembered that I also read somewhere that snake handling became so prevalent in Rome they were EVERYWHERE, in houses etc Which was good for rodents but it was good to have the frequent fires to get rid of some. Yuck.

Last edited: