Was the Fourth crusade the First one? Was Babylon located in Cairo?

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Hopefully an innocent question here.

Why on the one hand we can think that Jesus was born in the 12th century.. Yet, these 4th/1st crusade accounts literally say "in the twelve hundred and two years since the incarnation of Christ"
I think we need to look for the very first original source of the text to see what year is mentioned in there. The books I used were from the 19th century. This is well after Joseph Justus Scaliger re-adjusted the time scale.

Additionally, with Jesus living in the 12th century it makes sense to look for stuff related to his life immediately after his death, i.e. 50-75 years later in the beginning of the 13th century. It makes way less sense to look for things 1,200 years later. We can not even figure out what flags the United States had in the 19th century well within the age of photography.

Just my 2 cents there, but yup. We need to see what the original source of the text is. Somehow, I doubt it exists though.

WildFire2000

Reactions
I think we need to look for the very first original source of the text to see what year is mentioned in there. The books I used were from the 19th century. This is well after Joseph Justus Scaliger re-adjusted the time scale.

Additionally, with Jesus living in the 12th century it makes sense to look for stuff related to his life immediately after his death, i.e. 50-75 years later in the beginning of the 13th century. It makes way less sense to look for things 1,200 years later. We can not even figure out what flags the United States had in the 19th century well within the age of photography.

Just my 2 cents there, but yup. We need to see what the original source of the text is. Somehow, I doubt it exists though.
Exactly this. SOMETHING undocumented occurred to inspire the religious order of that day to go after 'The Holy Land' and I don't think it was to have revenge on people for something that occurred 1,200 years before. Do people today still get upset over things that happened before their lifespan? Sure, but 1,200 years is a LOOOONG time to generate a strong enough desire to march to war, at least I think so.

So, what was it that happened that triggered the Crusades? Which ones actually existed? How much of what we take as truth is actually a storybook tale?

whitewave

Reactions
Exactly this. SOMETHING undocumented occurred to inspire the religious order of that day to go after 'The Holy Land' and I don't think it was to have revenge on people for something that occurred 1,200 years before. Do people today still get upset over things that happened before their lifespan? Sure, but 1,200 years is a LOOOONG time to generate a strong enough desire to march to war, at least I think so.
So, what was it that happened that triggered the Crusades? Which ones actually existed? How much of what we take as truth is actually a storybook tale?
The so-called "Holy Wars" really kicked off in the 16th century A.D. (1562 and 1598) which seems a little late after the supposed time of Christ in the first century. I think the actual first World War took place 1337 to 1453 over who gets to be king of the mountain but the religious wars were predominantly fought in the so-called middle ages. Usually when a new religion (or new anything) supersedes its predecessor, the fighting starts right away, not 1500 years later after it's already well established. The timing of the religious wars alone is enough to make me doubt the timeline of Christ (doesn't make me doubt Christ-just the "official" timeline for his existence).

The Crusades weren't just one war; they were a series of wars over a lengthy period of time. My understanding of the various materials I've read on the subject is that the Ottoman Empire was losing it's glory as a world power (at the time the West referred to Ottoman decline as "the Eastern Question", as in: what are we going to do about these people? The Ottoman Empire had been a world power and glorious civilization-very wealthy- cooperating and trading and occasionally warring with other world powers of the time. The advent of Islam changed all that. Islam was (and still is) hell-bent on world domination. Hispanola (Spain) had been all but completely conquered by the Musselmen (Muslims). The rest of Europe (Christian or Catholic territories-not yet united as nations) put up with their war like behavior for about 450 years before they decided to band together and just go ahead and finish off the Ottoman Empire since it was dying out anyway and split the former riches amongst themselves. Apparently, we're still fighting that war. I think there's a grudging respect for the formerly great Ottoman Empire that prevents the West from totally annihilating them.

anotherlayer

Reactions
@mythstifieD sent me the below video about Babylon being possibly located in Egypt. Would really love to hear your opinion on the presented proof.
I've enjoyed the first 20 minutes of this video. I have to watch the rest later. And just a quick thought, it's so painful to know how much history is being stolen as we speak. We only need to look at where the Armies are dropping bombs these days. There was proof under every crater. What a shame...

whitewave

Reactions
@mythstifieD sent me the below video about Babylon being possibly located in Egypt. Would really love to hear your opinion on the presented proof.
He really tied it all together and exposed the truth of the matter. I also like that he quoted from the book of Jasher (a supposed 'lost' book of the Bible). There are several 'lost' books mentioned in the bible and since they were not considered canonical, they've probably had less futzing done with their translations.

mythstifieD

Reactions
He really tied it all together and exposed the truth of the matter. I also like that he quoted from the book of Jasher (a supposed 'lost' book of the Bible). There are several 'lost' books mentioned in the bible and since they were not considered canonical, they've probably had less futzing done with their translations.
Makes you wonder why they weren't included. Can't include something that destroys the illusion of geography right? I think his comment about South Africa being the only place in Africa without an actual NAME is funny.

This guy has another good video about Jerusalem, placing it in AFRICA

If you venture out to his other videos he's obviously got some particular religious beliefs, which I don't personally jive with, but I think his map research is mostly free from that and definitely worth considering.

Right now I'm personally trying to figure out if this Fomenko chronology is actually possible, and from what I understand so far Fomenko is asserting that Jerusalem was Constantinople? Then again, there's a rather cool video that shows that the 2nd Jerusalem is Moscow and the Kremlin is the Temple.

Could they somehow BOTH be right?

Also, I've been trying to figure out the nonsense about having Pope's existing BEFORE "Jesus" did--seems impossible, since the Pope's claim direct lineage from the Apostles of Jesus. I'm still fleshing out the details (will probably post about it sometime), but the only way it would make sense is if the Pope's were Vicars of Christ but not Jesus Christ, my best bet is Osiris Christ and they were actually from the Egyptian (Babylon) Priesthood. This would perfectly explain why the Vatican and all their robes etc, are chock full of pagan symbolism. They only flipped in the 1500's when the masses were waking up and learning how to actually read. Sure does give new meaning to Renaissance/Rebirth.

Onijunbei

Reactions
Why? I always come down to "Why?". Not that I don't believe, I do, but I want to understand the goal, in a concrete and logical way. There are so many things that I can see are fake or twisted, controlled or altered, but there isn't a clear definitive reason linking many of these topics. Yes, Control is a big one, but to what end exactly? What is the endgame? What purpose does moving Babylon and Egypt serve? Why is Jerusalem in the middle East important in the grand scheme of it all, instead of placing it in Europe? Divine Right? Why do people accept things just because? Why allow society to control your thoughts, actions, and self-determination? I ... Sorry.. I just don't understand.
He who controls the past controls the future

whitewave

Reactions
Cool map! Did you look at the whole thing? There's some interesting tidbits on there. I don't have the technical expertise to know how to upload some of the pictures on the site like you did but there's a dragon in the upper left hand corner, a unicorn a little further down and some seriously messed up genetic experiment humanoid above the dragon. Also looks like they incorporated ley lines onto that 1559 map.

BStankman

Reactions
Cool map! Did you look at the whole thing? There's some interesting tidbits on there. I don't have the technical expertise to know how to upload some of the pictures on the site like you did but there's a dragon in the upper left hand corner, a unicorn a little further down and some seriously messed up genetic experiment humanoid above the dragon. Also looks like they incorporated ley lines onto that 1559 map.
Yes a lot besides Babylon on the Nile.
It shows the power of Venice and the Swiss with a Templar flag.
A double headed phoenix emperor in Germany.

Possibly Gran Tartary below what looks like Russia and Poland. To the right of Gran Turkey.

Mt Sinai seems to be off and looks like a church may be half buried in an mountain.

whitewave

Reactions
And all the names of towns around those water sources! The area was full of people.

nothingnew

Reactions

According to Sean Hross, the pharaohs/builders/rulers that came after the year 1000 to Europe and built all their castles, went back home to Egypt to get their family wealth and gold out of there.

It was so vast that they couldn't it carry with them the first time they fled the country. And it wasn't the first time these people had to flee with everything they had, Tyre Lebanon was their prior base/home.

Obertryn

Reactions
According to Sean Hross, the pharaohs/builders/rulers that came after the year 1000 to Europe and built all their castles, went back home to Egypt to get their family wealth and gold out of there.

It was so vast that they couldn't it carry with them the first time they fled the country. And it wasn't the first time these people had to flee with everything they had, Tyre Lebanon was their prior base/home.
Well, I guess pure greed is as good a reason as any.