How did astronauts get past the Van Allen Belts in 1969?

did they go through the Van Allen belts in 1969-1972?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
@Moshtradamus, For your reading pleasure I present to you, Astronaut plugged the hole in ISS with his finger :geek:

I haven't participated in that thread, but there's some good back and forth comments from a few of the others in there.
Yeah, I think I put that one to bed. It's an odd story, and I don't believe the ISS is what they say at all, but that story is not a smoking gun, nor is it against what we know of physics. I'm not saying it's true, but it is possible.

AS for the VB belts, I am really curious about the film from the cameras and this radiation. One of these links said that high energy protons were the main danger. That doesn't sound right to me, and I don't know how those relate to film.

I do know that Kodak discovered a large radiation release in the Midwest in the 60s or 70s. They kept having film issues, and they used to pack the film in corn stockings and leaves. They found out the gov had released a huge amount of radiation near Indiana to test the effects on the population, where their corn parts where coming from.

It became a whole big thing. Some truth actually came out, but nobody paid any attention, and Kodak got it's corn leaves from somewhere else for a while.

whitewave

Reactions
@ripvanwillie: Excellent point about the film. All this time we spend dissecting pictures and pointing out inconsistencies in them (and there are a lot) when the obvious answer was that they couldn't even take film through the VAB without ruining it. Doh!

dianag

Reactions
Apollo Program
1969 to 1972
View attachment 9974
How many times has the human race stepped on the Moon?
  • 6 times. All being the Apollo programs. Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17 respectively between 1969 and 1972.
How they got past Van Allen Belts.
Popular Science: "There was no shortage of threats facing Apollo astronauts on missions to the Moon. Like radiation. Specifically, the dense radiation environment of the Van Allen belts that surround our planet. When it launched Apollo missions through the Van Allen belts on a path to the Moon, NASA didn’t just hope for the best. The agency had studied the “Van Allen problem” as it were, knew the risks, and made the decision to go anyway. And not one astronaut died from passing through the Van Allen Belts."

Popular Mechanics: "It's always difficult being the first, especially when you're going into space. The Apollo program encountered many difficulties on its trip to the Moon, ranging from mechanical to astrophysics. The issue of the Van Allen belt and its radioactivity was a particularly serious concern while planning the mission. Fortunately, it was a problem with a solution, one that involved skirting the most dangerous parts of the belt, and making sure the astronauts got through it as quickly as humanly possible."

Clavius: Yes, there is deadly radiation in the Van Allen belts, but the nature of that radiation was known to the Apollo engineers and they were able to make suitable preparations. The principle danger of the Van Allen belts is high-energy protons, which are not that difficult to shield against. And the Apollo navigators plotted a course through the thinnest parts of the belts and arranged for the spacecraft to pass through them quickly, limiting the exposure.

Huff Post: "The answer, simply, and which has been explained in detail elsewhere, is that the Apollo astronauts were not in the Van Allen belt for long enough to have to deal with dangerous levels of exposure to radiation. The Apollo astronauts did return to Earth having been exposed to significant radiation - but not more than is allowed by US law for workers at nuclear power stations, for instance."

Van Allen radiation belt - Wikipedia
21st century
View attachment 9975

Conspiracy debunking: The Van Allen Belts and Travel to the Moon

What do you think, did they go through the Van Allen belts in 1969-1972?

KD: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think the Moon 'landing' is the biggest bunch of baloney ever used by the tricksters. They lost the 'original' tapes of the Moon landing. A whole warehouse full of tapes disappeared and now they are saying they erased them.

NASA astronaut now says they destroyed the technology of the time we went to the Moon.

Smithsonian raises $1 million to restore Neil Armstrong's space suit. I remember when this was announced and they showed the suit laying on a table at the Smithsonian. The 'original' boots had an entirely different tread pattern on the bottom.
On the Moon, Flags & Footprints of Apollo Astronauts Won't Last Forever

I could not find the page with the MIT students saying we could not go to the Moon until we found a way to shield the electronics, people, and the exterior of the Space shuttle. The following video is of an NASA engineer explaining why we haven't been back to the Moon.

We didn't have cell phone service back then so how did they communicate with NASA. Many other questions are raised from the supposed Moon landing.

Is there a dome or firmament covering the earth? If so how did they get through it?

Searching

Reactions
Simple fact: radiation exposes film.
But it was broadcast LIVE, ya'll. No need to worry about bringing the film back.

Apollo 11’s lunar landing and specifically Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the Moon was, arguably, the biggest television event of the 20th century. Knowing the impact a live broadcast would have on the world, Deke Slayton went so far as to push NASA to include an erectable antenna on the LM so Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin wouldn't have to wait for a tracking station to come within range before stepping outside. NASA’s live broadcast of Apollo 11’s landing was nearly a decade in the making, and required some stunning feats of engineering.
From Popular Science itself, How NASA Broadcast Neil Armstrong Live from the Moon

I guess nobody thought to record it, though. Unfortunately, no VCRs back then.

dianag

Reactions
I think the Moon 'landing' is the biggest bunch of baloney ever used by the tricksters. They lost the 'original' tapes of the Moon landing. A whole warehouse full of tapes disappeared and now they are saying they erased them.

NASA astronaut now says they destroyed the technology of the time we went to the Moon.

Smithsonian raises $1 million to restore Neil Armstrong's space suit. I remember when this was announced and they showed the suit laying on a table at the Smithsonian. The 'original' boots had an entirely different tread pattern on the bottom.
On the Moon, Flags & Footprints of Apollo Astronauts Won't Last Forever

I could not find the page with the MIT students saying we could not go to the Moon until we found a way to shield the electronics, people, and the exterior of the Space shuttle. The following video is of an NASA engineer explaining why we haven't been back to the Moon.

We didn't have cell phone service back then so how did they communicate with NASA. Many other questions are raised from the supposed Moon landing.

Is there a dome or firmament covering the earth? If so how did they get through it?

I found this video after my post when looking up the Firmament. He makes some very good observations and also mentions operation Fishbowl which was done in the 1960's. These tests were done after Admiral Byrd came back from Antarctica in operation Highjump.

Operation Fishbowl - Wikipedia
Operation Highjump - Wikipedia

BrokenAgate

Reactions
So, they avoided damage from the radiation by...going through it super-duper fast?? :eek:/ I guess you could run through a burning building really fast, but you'll probably still lose some skin.

kentucky

Reactions
I don't think we went when we originally said we did but I'm curious about the reflector that scientists shoot laser beams off of that supposedly exists on the moon from one of our trips.
MIT and Russia both conducted "successful" lunar laser-ranging in 1962, no reflector needed. Apollo 11 allegedly put the first reflector on the moon in 1969.

To be sure, more and more, I’m accepting the notion of a secret “space” science program, I just have no idea of what such “space” involves or consists of, what has been explored from within it, what vehicles and mechanisms have been used to conduct such explorations, and for how long such exploration has been conducted.

Last edited:

wizz33

Reactions
MIT and Russia both conducted "successful" lunar laser-ranging in 1962, no reflector needed. Apollo 11 allegedly put the first reflector on the moon in 1969.

To be sure, more and more, I’m accepting the notion of a secret “space” science program, I just have no idea of what such “space” involves or consists of, what has been explored from within it, what vehicles and mechanisms have been used to conduct such explorations, and for how long such exploration has been conducted.
see YouTube channel secretspaceprogram

freezetime26

Reactions
Is that really what they expect us to believe is the moon lander? I thought it was a poor man's representation of what it looked like. I think I could go to the local craft store and then make something like that myself.
Yeah, im 100% sure that the guys at NASA commissioned this project to some kids in the elementary school.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
Do these "belts" actually exist? The explanation for them includes the same science quackery that has been around for 100 years...
I was wondering that, myself. Maybe they are completely mistaken about how radiation works in space. And they also come up with idiotic notions like black holes and dark matter, trying to explain features of the universe that are more readily explainable as electrical phenomena. Who knows what is really real anymore? I feel like I'm just hanging around this world to find out what happens next and who turns out to be right.