How Old is the Ice Sheet?This is not really about them airplanes, but they did contribute. On 15 July 1942, due to poor weather and limited visibility, six P-38 fighters of 94th Fighter Squadron/1st FG and two B-17 bombers of a bombardment squadron were forced to return to Greenland en route to the British Isles during Operation Bolero. The aircraft were forced to make emergency landings on the ice field. All the crew members were subsequently rescued. However, Glacier Girl, along with the unit's five other fighters and the two B-17s, were eventually buried under 268 feet (82 m) of snow and ice that had built up over the ensuing decades.
I was gonna add this info to our Greenland under-ice Canals article, but figured it was worthy of its own article. After all people need to know the scale of lies hey consume. Whoever e-mailed me the below links, thank you very much. I think stuff like that puts a serious dent into all this ice dating, and exposes our pseudo-scientists for who they truly are.
In July 1942, the "Lost Squadron," a unit consisting of two B-17 bomber planes and six P-38 fighters, landed on a remote Greenlandic glacier. Over the decades, the ever-shifting ice sheets of Greenland buried the aircraft, known as the Lost Squadron, under between 250 and 300 feet of ice.
Fifty years later, in 1992, one of the P-38s was extracted from the ice and restored to flying condition: the infamous Glacier Girl.
- The Wreck of a WWII Fighter Plane Will Be Unearthed from a Greenland Glacier
- 'Lost Squadron' WWII Warplane Discovered Deep Beneath a Greenland Glacier
- Long Lost WWII P-38 Discovered Under 300 Feet of Ice in Greenland
- The lost squadron
- 15 Unbelievable Pictures From P-38 Glacier Girl You've Never Seen Before
A little bit of Googling brought me to the below webpage published in 1992. It contains some information which I think could be related to our research.
- Based on flow models, the variation of oxygen isotopes, the concentration of carbon dioxide in trapped air bubbles, the presence of oxygen isotopes, acid concentrations, and particulates, they believe the lowest layers of the ice sheets were laid down over 160,000 years ago. Annual oscillations of such quantities are often evident in the record.
- Are these records in the ice legitimate? Do they cause a problem for the recent-creation model of earth history? What are we to make of these data? This article will show that the great ages reported for the bottom layers of ice sheets depend on assumed models of past climate and are not the result of direct counting of layers.
- Continue reading...
KD: Based on the information provided in the above Ice Core link we end up with some rather interesting mathematics. And these mathematics allow for some major questioning of the narrative.
- Planes were discovered in 1988 under ~250 feet of ice
- Planes landed 46 years prior to being found
- 250 feet / 46 years = 5.4 feet of ice per year
- 4,000 or 5,000 feet of average Greenland Ice thickness / 5.4 feet per year = 740 to 925 years old
- The Little Ice Age was a period of cooling that occurred after the Medieval Warm Period. Although it was not a true ice age, the term was introduced into scientific literature by François E. Matthes in 1939. It has been conventionally defined as a period extending from the 16th to the 19th centuries, but some experts prefer an alternative timespan from about 1300 to about 1850.