• No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
These “inventions” are presented as facts. Unfortunately, once you start looking for photos, you end up with almost nothing.

Why would they publish sketches instead of photographs? Family photography is all over the place, yet photo imagery of this amazing machinery is missing, for the most part.

PrincepAugus

Reactions
Economics is such a joke. This Keynesian B.S. anyways.
Which is why I'm an Ancap lol.
These “inventions” are presented as facts. Unfortunately, once you start looking for photos, you end up with almost nothing.

Why would they publish sketches instead of photographs? Family photography is all over the place, yet photo imagery of this amazing machinery is missing, for the most part.
Cause they "supposingly" don't have the photographs.

Verity

Reactions
KD: Opinions? Is that normal?"
I wonder if those who copied the original images were the same behind the development of modern patents/modern law.
Looked up history of patent law and the Venetian patent statute on wiki [always with the Venetians]:

"The Venetian Patent Statute of March 19, 1474, established in the Republic of Venice the first statutory patent system in Europe, and may be deemed to be the earliest codified patent system in the world. The Statute is written in old Venetian dialect. It provided that patents might be granted for "any new and ingenious device, not previously made", provided it was useful. By and large, these principles still remain the basic principles of patent law.

"The English patent system evolved from its early medieval origins into the first modern patent system that recognised intellectual property in order to stimulate invention; this was the crucial legal foundation upon which the Industrial Revolution could emerge and flourish."

Painting with fully broad strokes here.

whitewave

Reactions
The patent office is not your friend. If the gubmit decides your invention is a threat to national security or the economy, it get a secrecy order slapped on it. They'll let you patent a better mouse trap but if it's truly revolutionary, it gets confiscated.
Government Secrecy Orders on Patents Have Stifled More Than 5,000 Inventions
U.S. Government Institutions, Total Utility Patents, 1969 - 2008
If I was smart enough to come up with something truly revolutionary (teleportation, time travel, etc), I wouldn't bother trying to patent it and make a gazillion dollars; I'd put it out open source and let the chips fall where they may.

The patent laws were changed in 1951 in favor of the government so they may have found a huge cache of tech at that time. Wonder what the archaeologists were digging up then?

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Patents in the US. Lol. Two major fires, one in 1836 and the other one in 1877. Conveniently over 80,000 models got totally destroyed. 600,000 plus, supposedly, copies vanished but no patents lost.

What a crock of doodoo. Nice op to replace originals with whatever they wanted to replace the existing tech with.

Ice Nine

Reactions
I have been in denial my whole life. It started in 1967 flying with Air America sitting on a burlap bag that contained bricks of black tar opium . When did your denial start?
November 23,1963 when the magic bullet (that blew off the back of JFK's head and then proceeded into Governor Connally's chest, went through his wrist, and embedded itself in the Governor's thigh ) was found later on the gurney that Connolly was on.

Tonep

Reactions
If we had, in 1886, this level of industrial knowledge,explain Southern slavery to me again?
Theres a theory that that the whole transatlantic slave trade was a lie...another story told by the ptb.

There were dark skinned indian tribes and there still dark skinned peoples living in south and central america. I have seen the article about the white indian tribes. I believe that there were cities that were multiracial. ITs possible that when the americas was conquered that the victors split the people up by race to better control the population.

Last edited:

Paracelsus

Reactions
Just like the Smithsonian hiding all records of giant skeletons, the U.S. Patent Office hides records of disruptive technology. Based on Keely working on technology that far surpasses even the technology refered to in this post during the same exact time-frame. How do we know what was "technically capable" at the time?

Constructive Immagination is the secret. Most inventors and polymaths either hint at - or explicitly state - "use your immagination." Raw intellect alone isn't enough, reasoning without inspiration lacks creativity.

freezetime26

Reactions
I’m not that experienced in denial, lol. May be not finding any WMDs in 2004.
So, do you believe that Nuclear weapons dont exist? Because i dont believe they do.
Kind of hard to think of a time I was in denial. I'm too deep in the rabbit hole. xD

Just kidding, well the first time I got awake was when I learnt economics, then it came down to this lol.
Personally, when my father told me about the chemtrails and when he told to me that 9/11 was bs lmao.

0harris0

Reactions
Theres a theory that that the whole transatlantic slave trade was a lie...another story told by the ptb.
100% did happen, just mostly not in the U.S as they didn't really need to import any more slaves in bulk! Though I'm sure there are a few exceptions somewhere along the line!
Post automatically merged:

How about this for 1850?
Fairbairn steam crane - Wikipedia
Lifts 35 tons, still works today!

That's the first one I looked at, as I've seen a real steam crane.

I think we may sometimes be taking our tech for granted and not realising that people were actually pretty decent at engineering, and highly skilled back in't day. Not saying that's true for all cases tho, but people 'destined' to become an engineer, stone mason, metal worker, etc, would be on an apprenticeship from quite a young age, and be taught everything from the master, who learnt it from his, so on, blah...

We have some of these bridges in Bristol btw, this one is a bit more impressive.. hydraulic mechanism, 1876
Swing Bridge, River Tyne - Wikipedia
Basically, they had intelligent and greatly skilled people back then, maybe we should give them a little more credit sometimes :p
Post automatically merged:

This kid labor. May be it’s worth looking into. Why don’t we remember what happened back then? Could it be because there were only children and a few guiding adults to initiate a new iteration?
Hey man, I saw you mention about how all this could be possible with the world almost constantly at war..
firstly, the upper classes and academics would have rarely fought in those wars, especially not highly skilled engineers, etc.. so there's ya tech advancement covered (!!not fully!!)
secondly, there were mostly children probably because all the men got killed off at war.. i know it doesn't explain all of it (children were probably cheaper than decent tech/men to operate it btw) but that's how to keep the population easily brainwashed!

the world was a pretty savage place back then. easily born into a life of servitude, terrible conditions, exploited workers etc. i know the world is FKTUP still but at least poor people have a chance at learning and doing something other than robot work!

[[[this isn't me trying to force any sort of accepted historical narrative btw.. just i grew up in and around bristol, lots of 17-1800s buildings and engineering works that are pretty astounding! everything over here seems to match chronologically tbh, or at least obvious signs of progression in architecture and dating!]]]

Last edited: