Who nuked San Francisco in 1906?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Featured Thread #1
This appears to be the story of every single event where "fire storm" is present in the description. And the story is always the same. At first we have either an earthquake, or a regular fire. Then this mysterious fire storm gets developed. These fire storms always lead to a level of destruction comparable with nuclear explosions in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And finally this miraculous construction boom takes place, and thousands of multistory buildings pop up from nowhere within a matter of 2-3 years. Sometimes they magically appear within a year. Of course, those days people did not know how to build simple, cost effective buildings. Therefore they were naturally limited to speed producing massive Beaux-Arts "UNESCO Heritage" quality level structures.

The exact same "fire storm" disasters happened to: Chicago, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Ottawa-Hull (CA), Patterson, Boston, Portland (Maine), Toronto (CA), Spokane, Saint John (CA), Lisbon (Portugal), etc. These other events are spread out in time, and there is a reason for it.

Also, very conveniently, just 4 days prior to the disaster, this awesome "documentary" of San Francisco was produced. In my opinion, this is nothing but a staged footage with the same people and objects popping into camera view again, and again. See how many times you see this car with license plate number "4887", a guy on a bicycle and a horse pulling heavy load. This is truly a historical ride (camera mounted on the front of a cable car) down Market Street in San Francisco on April 14, 1906. The preps were on.

Official version of the disaster: the 1906 San Francisco earthquake struck the coast of Northern California at 5:12 a.m. on April 18 with an estimated moment magnitude of 7.9. Devastating fires soon broke out in the city and lasted for several days. As a result, up to 3,000 people died and over 80% of the city of San Francisco was destroyed. As damaging as the earthquake and its aftershocks were, the fires that burned out of control afterward were even more destructive. It has been estimated that up to 90% of the total destruction was the result of the subsequent fires. Within three days, over 30 fires, caused by ruptured gas mains, destroyed approximately 25,000 buildings on 490 city blocks.

Devastation summary: 90% total city destruction, 490 city blocks and 25,000 (28,000+ other sources) buildings destroyed. Looking at the picture below it appears more like 99.9% total destruction, because none but 5 or 6 of those still standing buildings appear to be recoverable.

The below images are a photographic representation of the damages done to the city of San Francisco during this historic event. The first one is a high resolution image. These photos will only be entirely visible to the registered users of this website. Views from two opposite sides are presented.

1906_Ruins_1_J1.jpg
1906 damages
1906_San_Francisco_earthquake_aftermath_panorama.jpg
Basically it is obvious that the city was totally annihilated. It's amazing but this inferno spared just about all of the wooden utility posts visible along the streets. Firestorms are among nature’s most violent and unpredictable phenomena. Tornado-force winds sweep super-hot flames of up to 1,000 degrees Celsius (1,800 degrees Fahrenheit) through buildings and forests alike. Yet those wooden utility poles survive. Guess where else utility poles survived? The answer is Hiroshima and Nagasaki (below).

atomic-bombing-hiroshima-nagasaki.jpg hiroshima.JPG
The level of building disintegration caused by this so-called Firestormy Earthquake is also hard to explain. The buildings border line got evaporated. Look at the pictures of very heavily bombed during WWII German city of Dresden. Its damages are not even close to those of San Francisco.

I doubt we will ever find out what kind of weapon might have been used. But there was one mentioned in the past.

Death Ray
In the 1930s Tesla reportedly invented a particle beam weapon that some, ironically, called a "peace ray,". "The device was, in theory, capable of generating an intense targeted beam of energy" that could be used to dispose of enemy warplanes, foreign armies, "or anything else you'd rather didn't exist." The so-called "death ray" was never constructed, however, even though Tesla shopped the device around to various military divisions. The plans for the laser were never found after Tesla's death.

Illustration-of-teleforce-power-installation.jpg

Different inventions, and various achievements were very common those days. Chances are, the majority of those "break through" inventions were not inventions at all.

Back to the buildings...

In 1908 we just happen to have this "Peace Voyage" around the world done by the Great White Fleet. Quotation marks make me wonder. The world is fighting, we are peace-touring.

1908 - San-Francisco-CA-1.jpg

Fleet_108_flag.jpg Fleet_1908.jpg Fleet_1908_2.jpg Fleet_1908_3.jpg Great_white_fleet_SF_1908_4.jpg
Great_white_fleet_SF_1908_1.jpg Great_white_fleet_SF_1908_2.jpg Great_white_fleet_SF_1908_3.jpg 1908 - San-Francisco-CA.jpg
At this time it starts to look weird. The city got burned to the ground, yet it appears to be rebuilt in 1908. A quick search for some SF pictures related to the visit of the fleet to San Francisco produced a few pictures with limited view of the streets. Well may be a mistake or what not, I think.

Then I run into this birds eye view of San Francisco in 1912. The plan is apparently dedicated to Panama-Pacific Exposition of 1915. At the same time every single internet reference I came across stated 1912.

SF_exposition_1912_50_75.jpg 1912_The Exposition_City_San_Francisco_focus.jpg
That is a lot of buildings to build by even 1915, let alone 1912 back then. Some googling for San Francisco buildings between 1910 and 1912 produced tons of the following style pictures.

Post_earthquake_1906_SF.png SF_2011_5.jpg SF_2010_4.jpg SF_2012_1.jpg SF_2012_3.jpg SF_2012_2.jpg
I am not about to count buildings on the 1912 panoramic view, but it is clear that we are talking about well over 10,000 buildings, when taking into account over 28,000+ destroyed. I was trying to find the exact number of building built immediately after the earthquaky fire, but was unable to find anything other then, "San Francisco was rebuilt quickly - too quickly."

At this time, it was a good moment to take a close look at the US Census data pertaining to the 1906-1915 time frame. To build thousands of elaborate multistory "stone&brick" buildings within 6 to 9 years you, at least, would need people. Giving them some benefit of the doubt, I looked for something a bit later, and found it. It was something better then census. It was data on the numbers of gainfully employed individuals in San Francisco, and Oakland for 1930.

Sf_Census_employed_1930.jpg
459,665 is a lot of people, as long as you envision clerks, traders, every single female, and transportation and communication personnel actively building complicated multistory houses. Any common sense approach would suggest that in 1930 there were 150,000 workers at best, available to do construction. This is on the generous side. Now let us rewind to 1906, and this number would become even smaller. And when you factor out those who had zero clue about building architectural masterpieces, I am afraid we would have very unimpressive numbers. Also they could not count on construction workers from Seattle. Those guys were supposedly busy building the Alaska–Yukon–Pacific Exposition. These expositions were trending those days.

For infrastructure requirements please refer to the article I posted a couple days ago: Similar style buildings are all over the world. Were they built by our civilization?

By simply saying the words "Construction Boom", the entire city full of buildings is not going to magically appear out of nowhere. But such cities were popping up left and right in the second half of the 19th and first 10-15 years of the 20th Century.

We literally end up with 5-7 people completing a building like above (both inside and outside) within 12-18 months, which is total non-sense. This time the rebuilding process of post earthquake San Francisco managed to include the below non-essential complex.

Panama–Pacific International Exposition
sf-world-expo-postcard-21.jpg

(how many of the buildings on the above image do you think still exist?)
Unless there was a trained army of experienced master builders of the highest quality, supported by smooth running logistics, it was impossible to build all the new SF buildings even if 1906 population of San Francisco was given 50 years.

BUILDING WITH BRICKS OR BLOCKS

This is how we produce bricks today!

Anybody knows where SF got bricks for the entire city?

How is it possible than? I believe, as recently as 150-200 years ago there was one World Union with no countries. It was a civilization whose technical development was similar to that of ours. I am not saying that it was good or bad. I merely state that in the 19th century the entire world was fighting, while it would have to be building to get all the buildings and cities delivered. I do believe that current political system of the world conquered and destroyed the previous one. In the process billions of people were killed. These buildings we see all over the world are the remnants of that previous civilization. (I am still working on this concept. I believe something catastrophic happened twice: once in the 18th, and once in the 19 century. I also believe that the Timelines of World History, as well as the World History itself were intentionally altered. Meaning to the point where it is impossible to say what happened, when it happened and if it happened at all.)

- SF is not alone, there are hundreds of cities which suffered a very similar fate: Urban Fire verdict: global attack on our civilization or incompetency?
- This is why we have similar buildings all over the World.

Last edited:

in cahoots

I'm impressed with your research Korben. What led you to begin your research and writings, out of curiosity?

Additionally -- accepting all evidence in your excellent article here -- what is the use in flattening SF? There must be more to it than simply "covering up" the past. The destructive energy seems to create a kind of vacuum, a gravity that draws in accelerated creative energy. I know speculation is what often discredits the "conspiracy theorist", the "alternative" historian most of all. However surely you can humour me with some rough ideas in the comments?

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I'm impressed with your research Korben. What led you to begin your research and writings, out of curiosity?

Additionally -- accepting all evidence in your excellent article here -- what is the use in flattening SF? There must be more to it than simply "covering up" the past. The destructive energy seems to create a kind of vacuum, a gravity that draws in accelerated creative energy. I know speculation is what often discredits the "conspiracy theorist", the "alternative" historian most of all. However surely you can humour me with some rough ideas in the comments?
Finally got down to answering. Well, why I chose to do it in writing is fairly simple. I am not smart enough to figure this out on my own. So I'm looking for some help through discussing certain events, circumstances, etc. That said, I am not looking for an explanation provided within the widespread dogmatic system. I know as well as the next person how Ancient Egyptians built pyramids according to that system.

The totality of all the unexplained phenomena within seemingly non mysterious habitual objects, processes, events and time frames overwhelmed me by its amount. No matter where I looked (common sense applied), there was something I struggled to understand. My traditional comprehension of this world acquired through conventional education was unable to account for quite a few voids in the official versions of the events.

As far as San Francisco issue goes. This is a $500,000 question. It's not a million cause even answering that would not be enough to figure out what happened. One of the version of mine would be some sort of indoctrination of all the "rebuilt" buildings into the new world. When you know that every single building was built after 1906, you will not suspect any of those being 300 years old. A lot of questions eliminated at once.

I am critical of the dates, and would question the occurrence of the event itself. If it did take place, I would push it back by by about 60 years. I think SF, and all the other fiery earthquakes took place at approximately the same time. It would be fairly easy to figure out when this 1906 event really happened. We simply need to find a tree planted within the destruction area right after the fire, cut it down and count the rings. Just kidding about cutting, but there has to be a way to figure out the age.

Additionally, it is not the issue of SF alone. I believe the reason for destruction is common for all of the destroyed cities. It is obvious tome that the entire world had he same architectural signature. That raises questions. I probably do not need to explain why breaking this signature could be important.

I am working on an article about Seattle. The city is much smaller. And honestly, they (whoever that was or is) "overachieved" in 1890. I will publish my findings and forward the info to some investigative reporters. They will most likely ignore it, but if enough people do the same, we might eventually get to the bottom of some things.

Last edited:

humanoidlord

want to get your mind blown away? search for pacific exposition great tower

humanoidlord

I was creating this topic here 1900-1915 HD quality photos of the United States cities, and came across the below photograph of the 1906 SF.

And which part of this photograph looks like it was on fire at some point? I also like the storm drain in the 1906 photo. We have one just like that next to my house in 2018 too.

bizzare, seeing that picture i imagine huge buildings made of LEGO style blocks and a gigantic kid deconstructing the buildings
whatever happened here it certainly wasnt fire related

Tacto

I mourn the time and energy you spent, Korben, applying your obvious intelligence to fashion this fringe mythology. Every assertion above is easily overturned: The damage Dresden suffered was wrought by pbombs falling from above and detonating at various heights. San Francisco was shaken from below. Dresden was largely stone and masonry; San Francisco mostly wood-frame structures. So the destruction, even including fires, would mecessarily “look” different.

San Francisco was not rebuilt simply with local labor, but with the temporary muscle of hundreds of itinerant laborers. And no one was protected by our current 40-hour week. The City’s rebirth was admirable, but not suspicious or miraculous.

Korben—apply your smarts and research skills to the real world of real questions, which clearly needs serious inquiry. You'd be a great investigatory journalist. Leave the mythological universe to genre fiction writers, religious fanatics and grade-B movie stars like Bruce Willis.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
@Tacto, if it was SF alone, I would not be paying attention to the issue, I think. But with hundreds of cities sharing the same fate, I will keep on looking for the answers.

As far as wooden buildings go, we have this video.

1788 Great New Orleans Fire, "Officials were to replace the wooden buildings with masonry structures which had, thick brick walls, arcades, and wrought iron balconies"
1802 Great Portsmouth Fire, "As a result of the fire, the town voted to request state legislation banning wooden structures one story high within the town limits."
1835 Great New York Fire, "The destroyed wooden buildings were quickly replaced by larger stone and brick ones that were less prone to burn."
1871 Great Chicago Fire, "Authorities believed that with brick walls, the deaths and damage caused would have been much less."
1889 Great Seattle Fire, "A new building ordinance resulted in a downtown of brick and stone buildings, rather than wood"
1914 Great Salem Fire, "Salem Councilman, introduced an order that would have required all new or replacement roof coverings to be non-combustible."

I do not believe for a second, that in 1906 SF people were dumb, and did not learn from the SF fire of 1851, "The fire, which was visible for miles out to sea, continued for about 10 hours and eventually extended to at least 18 blocks of the main business district, an area three-quarters of a mile long by a third of a mile wide.Before it was checked by reaching the waterfront, it burned down some 2000 buildings altogether, amounting by some estimates to three-quarters of the city. One 19th century account of the destruction observes: "Nothing remained of the city but the sparsely settled outskirts."

That said, here is the list of 1851 "wooden" buildings. Even 1851 SF was predominantly brick and iron, though some wood was definitely involved.

Burnt_District_of_May_1851.png

Wooden buildings is the only myth in the entire story of the burnt cities.

To be honest, a few years ago I would have said the exact same thing. But that was a few years ago... today, I think, we should think critically and avoid taking cliche statements for an answer.

whitewave

Hiroshima 1945

Hiroshima today.
1530615498352.jpeg 1530615525777.jpeg

Birth defects continue to be an issue, although oddly, birth defects are higher in Iraq than in either Hiroshima or Nagasaki suggesting that inbreeding is more damaging to DNA than ionizing radiation.

ISeenItFirst

In Iraq it is due to the incredibile amount of depleted uranium projectiles we have dumped on them. Most of it won't be conducive to (healthy) life for a couple centuries.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I don't know about radiation poisoning any more. There was this guy who died a while back. Below is his video. This video shows Galen Winsor eating uranium, something he did hundreds of times to show it is safe and fears are exaggerated by the energy industry.

The majority of his life, the last 35 years, he spent processing plutonium from nuclear reactor sites. He has worked in the Manhattan Project facilities in Hanford, Washington; Oak Ridge National Laboratories and Nuclear Plant in Oak Ridge, Tennessee; General Electric’s Midwest Fuel Recovery Plant in Morris, Illinois; General Electric’s Fuel Fabrication Facility in San Jose, California and Wilmington, North Carolina; and he has worked in every major reactor decommissioning project around this nation up to this present time. His major work in these projects has been in the analytical process inventory control, which means that he was responsible for the measuring and controlling the nuclear fuel inventory for these projects.

whitewave

I'm wondering about the radiation myself. Before we nuked Japan, America detonated a thousand+ bombs right here on American soil (and under it) for testing purposes and none of us are growing a third arm out of our foreheads. Also, there are people living in Chernobyl now, growing and eating the food from their gardens there. Mainly older people who figure WTH but they also are not dropping dead or suffering radiation sickness. Not sure what to believe anymore. WIKI: "The nuclear weapons tests of the United States were performed between 1945 and 1992 as part of the nuclear arms race. The United States conducted around 1,054 nuclear tests by official count, including 216 atmospheric, underwater, and space tests. Most of the tests took place at the Nevada Test Site (NNSS/NTS) and the Pacific Proving Grounds in the Marshall Islands and off Kiritimati Island in the Pacific, plus three in the Atlantic Ocean. Ten other tests took place at various locations in the United States, including Alaska, Nevada other than the NNSS/NTS, Colorado, Mississippi, and New Mexico."
There has to be some reason for these non-events because we definitely do know that radiation is a major health problem....for generations. Maybe it's something like Pettenkofer who survived drinking over 1 billion colony forming units of the deadly cholera when only 10 CFU's is enough to cause death. We know the mechanism for his survival now but at the time it was not known. Depleted uranium should not be on anyone's menu so why did he really survive eating it?

ISeenItFirst

whitewave

We used to play with the mercury from broken thermometers when I was a kid. I'm still here 60 years later with (most) brain cells still intact.