Movie: Back to the Future (1985)

Searching

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Back to the Future (1985)

Tagline: He's the only kid ever to get into trouble before he was born.

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Science Fiction, Family

Director: Robert Zemeckis

Cast: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover, Thomas F. Wilson, Claudia Wells, Marc McClure, Wendie Jo Sperber, George DiCenzo, Frances Lee McCain, James Tolkan, Harry Waters Jr., Billy Zane, J.J. Cohen, Casey Siemaszko, Donald Fullilove, Lisa Freeman, Cristen Kauffman, Elsa Raven, Will Hare, Ivy Bethune, Jason Marin, Katherine Britton, Jason Hervey, Maia Brewton, Courtney Gains, Richard L. Duran, Jeff O'Haco, Johnny Green, Jamie Abbott, Norman Alden, Read Morgan, Sachi Parker, Robert Krantz, Gary Riley, Karen Petrasek, George Buck Flower, Tommy Thomas, Granville 'Danny' Young, David Harold Brown, Lloyd L. Tolbert, Paul Hanson, Lee Brownfield, Robert DeLapp, Walter Scott, Charles L. Campbell, Deborah Harmon, Janine King, Huey Lewis, Tom Tangen, Arthur Tovey

Release: 1985-07-03

Runtime: 116

Plot: Eighties teenager Marty McFly is accidentally sent back in time to 1955, inadvertently disrupting his parents' first meeting and attracting his mother's romantic interest. Marty must repair the damage to history by rekindling his parents' romance and - with the help of his eccentric inventor friend Doc Brown - return to 1985.

OP
OP
Searching

Searching

Retrocausality or Backwards causation is a concept of cause and effect where the effect precedes its cause in time, so a later event in time can affect an earlier event in time.
Retrocausality - Wikipedia

An example of this is in Back to the Future.

Since Marty's parents do not get married in the future, first his siblings disappear from the picture, then he begins to disappear.

Is this why Civil War pictures no longer pass scrutiny?
What if this is why we no longer have telemetry data from the moon landing?

The idea that influences can travel backwards in time (from the future to the past) is seemingly ludicrous, but if consensus belief creates reality, then our awakening could very well be changing our perception of the past, ergo, changing the past itself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Searching

Searching

Might explain some of that Mandela effect we keep hearing about. Retroactive history changes?
There are a lot of things in this movie that are odd. So many references to 9/11, but the thing I find the most odd is that the character Biff was based on Donald Trump.
"...commentators began noting the similarities between the older version of Biff Tannen and then presidential candidate Donald Trump. When the comparison was brought to Gale's attention in an interview, he stated that elements of Tannen's personality were actually based on Trump, who was already well known in the late 1980s for his work in real estate and tabloid controversies."
Biff Tannen - Wikipedia

John G. Trump, Donald's uncle, was an electrical engineer, inventor, and physicist. He reviewed and analyzed the papers of Nikola Tesla when the inventor died in a New York City hotel.
John G. Trump - Wikipedia

We have heard the stories of the government hassling Tesla for years. His laboratories were "mysteriously" burnt to the ground, but the government let him live to be an old man. When he died, though, the government quickly swooped in to confiscate all his work.

Could Tesla have figured out retrocausality? Is that why Trump is president today?

Weird thoughts, I know, but if I've learned anything from this truth journey, it's that what I once believed to be true is a lie. And what I once thought were myths are likely true.

Last edited:

whitewave

Weird thoughts, I know, but if I've learned anything from this truth journey, it's that what I once believed to be true is a lie. And what I once thought were myths are likely true.
Agreed. I, too, have begun to entertain "impossible" notions. Caution is called for, though, else madness awaits those with no sure foundation of belief or knowledge. Safe travels, friend.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database