Zeus’ Temple & 7 Buildings That America Has Lost Forever

esgee1

Reactions
Here's a couple of interesting Bored Panda posts I came across regarding old buildings. Figured I'd post it here for anyone interested or who doesn't follow Bored Panda.

The first is about the Temple of Olympian Zeus in Athens, Greece. It demonstrates how photos of ancient buildings can be altered: Guy Notices Something Odd On Top Of Zeus’ Temple In 1858 Photo, Discovers What They Don’t Teach At School

ancient-ruins-mystery-temple-olympian-zeus-athens-5ba35e4633308__700.jpgancient-ruins-mystery-temple-olympian-zeus-athens-5ba36286be827__700.jpg

The second shows what seven iconic US buildings used to look like and what the area looks like today: Then & Now Pictures Of 7 Buildings That America Has Lost Forever

Example:
Designers-rebuilds-7-beautiful-buildings-that-America-has-lost-forever-5ba4e9806c6b8-png__700.jpgDesigners-rebuilds-7-beautiful-buildings-that-America-has-lost-forever-5ba4e97e3057e-png__700.jpg

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Interesting theory in the first link, but the spirit of the aricle came across as something rather conventional. Not sure what the purpose of hiding info about people trying to be closer to God would be. Besides that additional structure looks like a piece of something much much bigger, like a different level altogether may be.

As far as the uglification of the older buildings goes, that is definitely the case. It would be interesting to figure out if there is a specific thing in those buildings which they are after. Just judging by a whole bunch of the remaining ones, not all of them suffer the same fate.

Apollyon

Reactions
Interesting theory in the first link, but the spirit of the aricle came across as something rather conventional. Not sure what the purpose of hiding info about people trying to be closer to God would be. Besides that additional structure looks like a piece of something much much bigger, like a different level altogether may be.

As far as the uglification of the older buildings goes, that is definitely the case. It would be interesting to figure out if there is a specific thing in those buildings which they are after. Just judging by a whole bunch of the remaining ones, not all of them suffer the same fate.
IMG_1332.JPG

The vestiges of global communism are finally coming down I think we've all gathered here on this site in a very unique moment in time and it's reflected by an aesthetic awakening. The times they are a changing indeed.

Scoop: Trump's obsession with the "terrible" FBI building

The Movement to Destroy Warsaw’s Tallest Building

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I have to agree with Trump on that one. Hoover building does look ugly. It also took them 10 years to build it. They clearly did not know where to hire those exposition building speed demons.

Looked through the buildings in the link. Images look like cosmetic restoration. The one @Apollyon posted looks like a total return to the old looks, which is strange. Would be interesting to see what that “back and forth” building looked like in its original state.

BStankman

Reactions
It looks like a covered aqueduct to me, but I really like the stylite or pillar-saint angle.
It is a eastern Orthodox tradition, but I saw a version in The Leftovers
after the rapture.

pillar.jpg tl_301_vr_70.jpg

Not sure what is going on at the acropolis, but there are a lot of new buildings between these photos. Or removed.
And there appears to be a card table set up.

greek-temple-of-olympian-zeus-ancient-greece-photo-print-2.jpg tumblr_ma40o2Kw311qmztkyo1_1280.jpg