William Shakespeare was a Jewish, mulatto girl who got caught up in Tartarian history

Qmeta

Reactions
Aemilia Bassano Lanyer, who was born in the year 1569 in London. She was a Jewish, mulatto woman who was fluent in Italian, Hebrew, Latin, Greek, and English. She is better known as William Shakespeare.

1283576t1h123a.jpg

The song most-mentioned in her work as 'William Shakespeare' is ‘'King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid" (mentioned 4 times in her works), which is a song in which a king falls in love with a young black girl from the streets. The song was about her, and although she grew up in court, she was not as noble as the married man she loved; a cousin of Queen Elizabeth I named Lord Hunsdon.

Lord Hunsdon was the patron of Lord Chamberlain's Men, William Shakespeare's playing company. He was the man in charge of English theatre. Born Henry Carey, he was the illegitimate child of King Henry VIII. She wrote many plays about his family, such as Henry the 6th, Henry the 4th, Henry the 5th, and Henry the 8th, all while she was still a teenager. As Shakespeare, she dedicated many of her sonnets to "Mr. WH", which stands for 'Mr. Willow Hunsdon'. (Willough was her nickname, from the manor she stayed at from the time she was seven, called Willoughby.) He was the person that she could secretly submit her manuscripts through to the theatre without divulging her identity. It also helped that she had 15 relatives involved with music for theatre, including a close relative who was the musical director for her plays.

Aemilia would often pen her pseudonym as 'William Shakes-peare', which is kind of odd but is an obvious play on words. It is an anagram that ultimately means “A. Willow Speaks-Here”. 'William' is the masculine version of her nickname (Willow). Publishing a book under her own name would have been scandalous. As a Jew and a female, publishing the feminist and anti-Christian tones often found in her work would have unquestionably meant her execution..

Her pseudonym would also sometimes be printed as 'Wil. Shakespeare'

14633046_1398049690209361_936036620334934781_n.jpg

She would often put her own name, in variations, in her work or the names of those that she knew. For example, in Titus Andronicus there are characters called Emillius and Bassianus. In Othello,

Her most famous play, Romeo and Juliet, was a story about her relationship with someone she loved and had to leave when she was a young teenager. She was Juliet (a Jew) and he was Romeo (a non-Jew who lived in Rome). Throughout the 16th century, Jews gradually moved from the south of Italy to the north, with conditions worsening for Jews in Rome after 1556 and Venice in the 1580s. Her family moved to Venice.

In Sonnet 127, she talks about her affair with Lord Hunsdon, the 'bastard' in it:

In the old age black was not counted fair,
Or if it were it bore not beauty's name;
But now is black beauty's successive heir,
And beauty slandered with a bastard shame:

The likeness of 'William Shakespeare' is Lord Hunsdon himself. (The earring that he wears in the drawing was her idea.)

lord_hunsdon.jpg

sonoman

Reactions
hey Qmeta, thats some pretty serious hearsay you got there! anything verifiable with it? Im more inclined to accept the hearsay that Francis Bacon most often used the pen name " William Shakespeare" but I cant confirm or deny there was more or less than one rose in that garden.

Aemilia would often pen her pseudonym as 'William Shakes-peare', which is kind of odd but is an obvious play on words. It is an anagram that ultimately means “A. Willow Speaks-Here”. 'William' is the masculine version of her nickname (Willow).
my decoder ring came up with "Will (where there is a will, there is a way)

WILL I AM

Shakes Spear,

ever notice while youre writing something how the pen seems to shake? or have you read before somewhere that 'the pen is mightier than the sword'

(S-word). perhaps of a PenDragon? a pen drag on paper, maybe?

also "shaking spears" (@ ignorance) is a fighting gesture, no?

but its always good to add more hearsay to the fires of endless hearsays I imagine. lol

OP
Qmeta

Qmeta

Reactions
hey Qmeta, thats some pretty serious hearsay you got there! anything verifiable with it? Im more inclined to accept the hearsay that Francis Bacon most often used the pen name " William Shakespeare" but I cant confirm or deny there was more or less than one rose in that garden.

my decoder ring came up with "Will (where there is a will, there is a way)

WILL I AM

Shakes Spear,

ever notice while youre writing something how the pen seems to shake? or have you read before somewhere that 'the pen is mightier than the sword'

(S-word). perhaps of a PenDragon? a pen drag on paper, maybe?

also "shaking spears" (@ ignorance) is a fighting gesture, no?

but its always good to add more hearsay to the fires of endless hearsays I imagine. lol
Sure. In fact, someone wrote 18 pages on it: http://shakespeareoxfordfellowship.org/wp-content/uploads/Oxfordian2009_Hudson_Bassano.pdf

sonoman

Reactions

thanks,

from that last page "as the key collaborator in the 'Shakesprearean' works"

much easier to swallow than what your thread title presents us. still, interesting none the less.

in deed, many people have The Will to Shake Spears! Amelia seems to have S-worded with the best of them.

2019-01-14_020044.jpg

but where is the 'Tartarian history' part of this?

OP
Qmeta

Qmeta

Reactions
I suppose, even after hundreds of years, she still can't get the credit she deserves. It must be someone else! :D
Post automatically merged:

I suppose, even after hundreds of years, she still can't get the credit she deserves. It must be someone else! :D
A woman talking about a man...

In the old age black was not counted fair,
Or if it were, it bore not beauty's name;
But now is black beauty's successive heir,
And beauty slandered with a bastard shame

Bastard = male

She is talking about herself. Now that she is beautiful, she has another problem. (That he is an illegitimate son)

She is the 'dark lady'
Post automatically merged:

thanks,
but where is the 'Tartarian history' part of this?
We have Tartarians on one side, and the anti-Tartarians on the other side.

' Throughout the 16th century, Jews gradually moved from the south of Italy to the north, with conditions worsening for Jews in Rome after 1556 and Venice in the 1580s. '

There's so much that these movements of people around Europe can tell us, I think.

Last edited:

tupperaware

Reactions
This idea gets an F at Snopes. However its very interesting she was a closet/crypto Jewish woman.

"Lastly, the claim that Amelia Bassano wrote all of William Shakespeare’s plays is a decidedly fringe notion, even within the world of Shakespearean authorship controversies. While she is listed as a potential candidate by the Shakespearean Authorship Trust (a group seemingly determined to credit Shakespeare’s work to anyone but Shakespeare himself), even among that group she is included as just one of 66 candidates identified so far: "

Read more at:

FACT CHECK: Amelia Bassano: The True Shakespeare?

There apparently is a book related to this topic... The Lives of Girls and Women from the Islamic World in Early Modern British ...

tupperaware

Reactions
Snopes?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.....

funny :D

You're joking, right?

Its a joke I agree but their "research" prior to their opinion is sometimes useful. I beg forgiveness as I crave laughter and I shall quote the bard (KD!) forever after.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Timeshifter Buildings and Structures 32