Will Van Allen's belt become the Firmament?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Interesting little article published by NASA in 2017 suggests that our very low frequency radio communications interact with the Van Allen's belt particles creating a "man-made barrier".

I have this unsubstantiated opinion that at some point this "interaction" will become the reason for not being able to go to the Moon, or wherever. Whether it evolves into the Biblical Firmament, remains to be seen. I think there is a reason for such a "discovery". There has to be. At some point we might find out what that reason is.
Humans have long been shaping Earth’s landscape, but now scientists know we can shape our near-space environment as well. A certain type of communications — very low frequency, or VLF, radio communications — have been found to interact with particles in space, affecting how and where they move. At times, these interactions can create a barrier around Earth against natural high energy particle radiation in space. These results, part of a comprehensive paper on human-induced space weather, were recently published in Space Science Reviews.

Source: NASA's Van Allen Probes Spot Man-Made Barrier Shrouding Earth

whitewave

Well, if this shield is protecting us from radiation then we should see no more skin cancer so that's good news. The Van Allen belt is already a shield of sorts held by our magnetic field and solar winds (if the official story is to be believed). Wonder what happens to either of these shields when our magnetic field decreases as it seems to be doing?
Earth’s magnetic field could flip within a human lifetime

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I personally think that these Van Allen belts are being used as an excuse for why we can not go to the Moon any longer.

Very convenient. In the 1960s we had the technology but it got lost. Never mind that it took them like a few years to develop it back then.
There was no shortage of threats facing Apollo astronauts on missions to the Moon. Like radiation. Specifically, the dense radiation environment of the Van Allen belts that surround our planet. When it launched Apollo missions through the Van Allen belts on a path to the Moon, NASA didn’t just hope for the best. The agency had studied the “Van Allen problem” as it were, knew the risks, and made the decision to go anyway. And not one astronaut died from passing through the Van Allen Belts.
In 2018, after 50 some years of research and totally different levels of tech, we can not figure out how to go through the Van Allen’s belt. How people buy this crap is beyond me, especially when it’s accompanied by all the other evidence.

It’s gonna be real funny if this “Man-Made Barrier” will develop into something impenetrable in the nearest future. Kind of like a firmament, lol.

And it will be said similar to, “Following the Global Warming”, the “Van Allen Barrier” becomes another man caused disaster. Now we can not go to Space any more. NASA is requesting 27 trillions of dollars to develop a special boring machine to drill through this “man-made” obstacle to establish an exit point.”

whitewave

Well, according to your initial post and video, it IS a manmade barrier of sorts due to the addition of VLF waves.
I've never believed a word I heard about anything relating to space science so I'm not really up on all the latest BS. Maybe someone else knows...do any other planets have a van allen belt equivalent or are we the only ones with a irradiating prison door around our planet?

PrincepAugus

Speaking of which, don't forget the space debris problem where it is estimated to be impenetrable to fly through in 2050.

ISeenItFirst

Pretty sure that does not pertain to the ISS. It can maneuver around. :alien:
Which does not pertain, the debris? It's not going to be dodging space debris at 17 odd thousand miles per hour. Maybe the big stuff, but at those speeds, combined with the speeds of the debris, and the thin shell of the craft, tiny objects could prove catastrophic.

Glumlit

Well, if this shield is protecting us from radiation then we should see no more skin cancer so that's good news. The Van Allen belt is already a shield of sorts held by our magnetic field and solar winds (if the official story is to be believed). Wonder what happens to either of these shields when our magnetic field decreases as it seems to be doing?
Earth’s magnetic field could flip within a human lifetime
Interestingly, the map in that article shows the south pole jutting out into the indian ocean.

worldmap.jpg

If one were to wrap a string along a globe at the line that crosses Giza, Peru, Easter island, etc., and assume it was the equator, that (786.2 on the map) is about where the South pole would be.

The North Pole being somewhere maybe around the southern cost of Alaska.

Right now, we have one pole completely covered in ice. Old maps show there is indeed land under Antarctica.

If the poles were switched, maybe that giant sheet of ice would be on what is now the northern cap of the Earth. Right by Alaska. Covering the entire Western part of North America in ice. Like it is in maps from several hundred years ago.

Leaving the previous polar cap to melt into it's new climate.

Bizarre transformation of the North American Continent: 16th through 19th centuries

Notice the maps in this post from a couple months ago, during the 1700's, it sure looks like a rapid melting to me. Did they flip?

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
everthing is speculation right now
the field doens't sounds dangerous
I don't know about this newly discovered field, but NASA, and Roskosmos appear to be terrified of the Van Allens belts alone.

I personally find this very comical, for I do not know for how much longer they will be able to play this game.

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. - Genesis 1:6

enclosed.jpg
"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - Jesus Christ (John 8:32)

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I don’t kbow about the truth setting us free. This saying is opened for quite some interpretation.

As far as this hypothetical firmament goes, if our governments were to admit that the surface of the Earth was flat, and that there was indeed a dome above... we would learn very quickly why it’s very unhealthy to travel beyond the assigned territory. The truth only goes so far.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KorbenDallas Space Travel and Moon Landing 18