Where could the Biblical amounts of flood water come from?

Paracelsus

Reactions
Could we please upload images. Not everybody has a Pinterest account, I don’t and I can not see any of these images on my phone without registering there.
Trying to find solutions to upload images. On my phone, the upload images/attachments button doesn't work. Literally every image hosting service has viewable image links. But I haven't been able to upload anything to this website.

MeNTaLMoNKeY

Reactions
I came across an interesting book by Issac Newton Vail (no, not Sir Issac Newton, that threw me for a bit of a loop at first) in which he posits that the Earth previously had rings around it like Saturn, although Earth's rings were made of water. I've barely started reading it, but from what I gather his premise is that there were multiple rings that over the ages collapsed down onto the Earth. This could and would account for multiple biblical floods.

As for where did the water go? I'm personally starting to lean toward expanding earth theory. If that theory is true, my idea is that the rings of water collapsed down and flooded the Earth which significantly increased the mass of the Earth and caused the expansion. The water didn't go anywhere. The Earth expanded to house all the new water in the form of the oceans.

Issac Newton Vail's book: The Waters Above the Firmament, or the Earth's Annular System

Onijunbei

Reactions
Water is created by the earth... Gases cool as they approach the surface creating liquid. The earth probably went through some expansion causing maybe a fissure that released an extreme amount of trapped water all at once. The waters would recede if they did recede at all by the soils, dirt, and rocks absorbing the water. Also there is the possibility of many different floods at different times..

Last edited:

PrincepAugus

Reactions
Water is created by the earth... Gases cool as they approach the surface creating liquid. The earth probably went through some expansion causing maybe a fissure that released an extreme amount of trapped water all at once. The waters would recede if they did recede at all by the soils, dirt, and rocks absorbing the water. Also there is the possibility of many different floods at different times..
This exactly. Water is from within the Earth. I've never believed in the extraterrestrial ice comet origin.

whitewave

Reactions
If the earth was covered in ice ( and geology suggests it has been before) and there was a significant temperature change it could cause islands to be covered in water, ocean levels to rise, floods, etc. Temperature changes again and the waters recede or forms ice in specific spots.

Radal16

Reactions
You all might be interested in this article: Seismic study reveals huge amount of water dragged into Earth's interior. "Slow-motion collisions of tectonic plates under the ocean drag about three times more water down into the deep Earth than previously estimated, according to a first-of-its-kind seismic study that spans the Mariana Trench."

MrMBB333 did a video on this where he posits that there's actually a layer of water that goes under the crust around the whole planet. Food for thought.

PrincepAugus

Reactions
You all might be interested in this article: Seismic study reveals huge amount of water dragged into Earth's interior. "Slow-motion collisions of tectonic plates under the ocean drag about three times more water down into the deep Earth than previously estimated, according to a first-of-its-kind seismic study that spans the Mariana Trench."

MrMBB333 did a video on this where he posits that there's actually a layer of water that goes under the crust around the whole planet. Food for thought.
That's pretty old news though. Just look up "ocean underneath Earth" and there are many articles and videos saying that scientific research have found water under the Earth more voluminous that all the ocean's water on the surface.

whitewave

Reactions
I thought most of that "under Earth" water was trapped in rocks? I've talked to quite a few geologists here that work for one oil company or another that say that. To my understanding, there's not large bodies of freestanding water/oceans/lakes or what-have-you floating underneath us; it mainly trapped in rocks.

PrincepAugus

Reactions
I thought most of that "under Earth" water was trapped in rocks? I've talked to quite a few geologists here that work for one oil company or another that say that. To my understanding, there's not large bodies of freestanding water/oceans/lakes or what-have-you floating underneath us; it mainly trapped in rocks.
They would say that, but then I find hard to believe all of it is in the rocks.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
The Earth tipping suddenly on its axis, maybe? Earth Crust Displacement theory? Plasma discharges from the sun or other cosmic body? Not sure if either of those are possible, but any of those would certainly result in water in the oceans sloshing over the land and covering everything. Or, there is a body of water trapped in the Earth's crust, and every so often it escapes and wreaks havoc. MrMBB333, in one of his videos, points out that many of the other planets, and some of Jupiter's moons, seem to have water beneath the surface, and maybe this is normal and Earth is the same way.

LetsHak

Reactions
(adapted from another thread)

The Growing Earth hypothesis essentially posits that the Earth is a very young, ever-expanding star.

Planetary bodies go through an inner-to-outer phase change as they grow mass and mature:
  1. solid all the way through, like a rock
  2. liquid center, solid shell
  3. gas center, liquid midsection, solid shell <-- Moon is here
  4. plasma center, gas, liquid reaching the surface, semi-solid shell <-- Earth is here
  5. plasma center, gas surface <-- Jupiter and other gassies are here
  6. plasma all the way <-- Sun is here
I believe the Deluge was when water first breached the solid surface of the Earth.

tldw: The additional mass is coming from the aether. That's also the reason mainstream science will not acknowledge this, as it implies oil/water are renewable, "free energy" is a thing, etc.

The big question I have with this whole thing is the timescale. IIRC, our "best data" implies that the Earth grew nearly 50% in 80 million years. What if that's a lie? What if it only took, say, 100,000 years? Earthquakes ahoy! That would explain the morterless polygonal megalithic stonework of antiquity, eh?