When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Deleted_x7

Reactions
I used to knowitall too grasshopper ;-)

you could say that Im a recovering knowitall (healing from knowitallitus) and a mid level spell breaker.

moJoriizin

Reactions
Whenever a person uses the term "They" in trying to describe that unknown entity, I call it the Holograms. "They" are the ones we never see, the names we never hear, and the photographs that are never taken. We know they exist and we try to describe them as best as possible, but in the end it is always "They did it."

Ice Nine

Reactions
I'm starting to feel we are alone. The world is too screwed up for this to be somebodies "master plan". We have pockets of people with big money in charge of large chunks of our lives, but it's no secret. Giant corporations and generations long super wealthy families. Maybe a lot of it was dumb luck coupled with the seeming endless ability of humans to believe any snake oil salesman who comes along.

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
The world is too screwed up for this to be somebodies "master plan".
Yes, it is all extremely unorganized. I no longer believe in "they". As in, "they" are hiding our history.

I see this place as a video game with each incarnation based on the same platform. It's like Grand Theft Auto. When it comes time to make the second or third installment of the game, it is not begun again from scratch. Who wants to reinvent the wheel?
A previous game that we can still see the remants of was what we call Egypt. Pyramids everywhere. Then that version of the game was wiped out. On top of that was built the Greco-Roman game.
We now live in the "American Dream" game that is coming to an end and will be reset. There will be nothing left of our trailer house lifestyle for the next game to see, though.

But somebody made the game. Somebody keeps resetting it.

Last edited:

Deleted_x7

Reactions
according to Aug, we are in the last reset and we either find our way back to the future or disintegrate when its game over this time. no more resets.

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
according to Aug, we are in the last reset and we either find our way back to the future or disintegrate when its game over this time. no more resets.
Disintegrate... Before I started looking into things, I was atheist. Believing that we cease to exist after we die was so comforting. I had something to look forward to - nonexistence. If I could, I would choose that. I'm tired.

Ice Nine

Reactions
It will be a bit of a let down if there is nothing and I won't even know it. I think we have worn out our welcome on this planet,

Deleted_x7

Reactions
Ive never been able to comprehend atheism other than perhaps it is ultimate forgetfulness?

I know not by reasoning but intuition that there is more to this than meets the eye. I would rather learn something from all of this than it be all for nothing.

I get tired of it all sometimes but I also feel more lucky than not. I think 'feeling lucky' is the key to being lucky (same with bad luck too)

use the force Luke!

Ice Nine

Reactions
Ive never been able to comprehend atheism other than perhaps it is ultimate forgetfulness?

I know not by reasoning but intuition that there is more to this than meets the eye. I would rather learn something from all of this than it be all for nothing.

I get tired of it all sometimes but I also feel more lucky than not. I think 'feeling lucky' is the key to being lucky (same with bad luck too)

use the force Luke!
I could call myself an apathetic agnostic. I don't know and I don't care.
I feel we were created, but by who/what, when and where, I don't really have a clue. does it matter. Not really.

Live long and prosper!

Last edited:

Lurck

Reactions
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" … if you're lucky.

tupperaware

Reactions
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" … if you're lucky.
If "truth" were changed to "maybe" and grits turned into gravy then everything from now until then is owned by Wavy Gravy.
1564500610204.png

ripvanwillie

Reactions
Ghandi - 'Even if you are a minority of one, the Truth is the Truth.'

The truth does not need a consensus.
Absolutely! Truth exists on it's own and has nothing to do with our beliefs, fears, or desires. It can easily be taken one step further when we realize that there are a countless number of truths that no man or woman has yet to discover. Sometimes I wonder if as a species, we even have the capacity to understand truth.
I know I fool myself regularly.

Raviolli

Reactions
Ima just throw some random thoughts and ideas

If life is seen as a balance between two sides (Truth, Lies), then at the very center tipping point, the point where a tree emerges above the ground to stretch out for the sun after a long time of deep seeding.

If anything is possible, infinite parallel realities, multiverses, then there must be realities and realms where the lie is an actual mechanism in that reality. Which means in the scope of all existence, there is no truth. Truth is individual for each reality. Whether it be this dimension or higher or lower.

One of the primary reasons for the state of enslavement in which many beings live is that humanity has allowed itself to be manipulated: to focus on the wrong things, and to give too much detail to them. Both the imbalances are present hand in hand.

Everything we learn about anything is applicable to everything else, magnified by our ability of abstraction.

How to create a more balanced society? To look for answers within the system, would be a wrong anchoring

The truth is not something you are told, it is something you must learn for yourselves. That is why you are on the planet earth, not to accept what you have been told, but to create your own truth and find your own way.

As you identify who you are, in truth, you then shall open your Being to who you truly are, as the identification of this essence opens you to then accept the Divine Will of Source, and Trust in All, into the expansion of this, your Sacred Heart.

We live in a world of duality, where evil and dark are distinct entities. The notion that this reality itself is an illusion, does not change anything in this fact.

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
I agree with @Raviolli. It's the whole tree in the forest thing. Does the tree make a sound when it falls if there is no one there to hear it? We can never know. The Double Slit experiment shows that observation can change the outcome of an event. And yes, there are those who will dismiss these findings because they have become so distrustful of authority and science, but that decision is made based on past experiences.

We filter information through our fallible senses. All we can do is interperet data through the lens of our past experiences. Ultimately, in this existence, there is only interpretation. I may see my interpretation as truth, and so may you, so who is "right"? Well, that's just another opinion.

The point of this realm is not absolutes, for they do not exist. What does exist is duality, and that is the whole point. We are to play off that duality, bounce back and forth between good and evil, black and white like a pinball machine, collecting new insights along the way. Learning.

We do not just live in the uni-verse any more than we live in nature. We are a part of the uni-verse and nature. We have been trained to see ourselves as separate, but that is just a learning tool. Science claims that the universe is always expanding, and that is true, just not in the conventional sense. You are the universe, and you learn and grow every day.

It is a hard pill to swallow when a truth-seeker finds there is no truth, but the acceptance of that is so important. You began this journey to discover a treasure you find does not exist. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. This discovery is devastating, but it is not about the destination. It is about the journey; more importantly, what one learns on said journey.

Look, I hate it. I cannot believe I signed up for this shit, but I did. The only glimmer of hope is that this is the last time. The last level of any game is the most difficult, and this level - this life of truth-seeking - has been the most alienating, disorienting, ostrasizing excercise in self-hate I can ever imagine. Surely, I am due a reprieve after this.

Last edited:

SuperTrouper

Reactions
The more I think about it, the more I reckon there is no truth in our illusion, just perception. We need to go beyond our illusion to find truth. By extension, I think that we are in this illusion/plane not to learn anything new but to remember who we truly are.

ripvanwillie

Reactions
I agree with @Raviolli. It's the whole tree in the forest thing. Does the tree make a sound when it falls if there is no one there to hear it? We can never know. The Double Slit experiment shows that observation can change the outcome of an event. And yes, there are those who will dismiss these findings because they have become so distrustful of authority and science, but that decision is made based on past experiences.

We filter information through our fallible senses. All we can do is interperet data through the lens of our past experiences. Ultimately, in this existence, there is only interpretation. I may see my interpretation as truth, and so may you, so who is "right"? Well, that's just another opinion.

The point of this realm is not absolutes, for they do not exist. What does exist is duality, and that is the whole point. We are to play off that duality, bounce back and forth between good and evil, black and white like a pinball machine, collecting new insights along the way. Learning.

We do not just live in the uni-verse any more than we live in nature. We are a part of the uni-verse and nature. We have been trained to see ourselves as separate, but that is just a learning tool. Science claims that the universe is always expanding, and that is true, just not in the conventional sense. You are the universe, and you learn and grow every day.

It is a hard pill to swallow when a truth-seeker finds there is no truth, but the acceptance of that is so important. You began this journey to discover a treasure you find does not exist. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. This discovery is devastating, but it is not about the destination. It is about the journey; more importantly, what one learns on said journey.

Look, I hate it. I cannot believe I signed up for this shit, but I did. The only glimmer of hope is that this is the last time. The last level of any game is the most difficult, and this level - this life of truth-seeking - has been the most alienating, disorienting, ostrasizing excercise in self-hate I can ever imagine. Surely, I am due a reprieve after this.
I think you need to look harder. There are plenty of truths that have nothing to do with our perception. Math is full of them. I agree with the duality part of your thinking, as we live in a black and white world. It's the gray areas that don't really exist. That's the part we make up.