When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Deleted_x7

Reactions
start asking serious questions sure seems to kill a thread. lol (my bad)

DMT (allegedly) is a natural sub stance, I'll wait for the good stuff instead of taking that kingdom by force. hope this thread gets rolling though, very interested in where it might go so if what I write here turns you off, just ignore it and bounce off what others have written.

but seriously, (not again!) why does 'truth' need a consensus?

the 'history' books are loaded with folks who were leaders on this path who were murdered, assassinated, etc. One of them was supposedly crucified!

I think, if one is looking for a consensus, they aint looking for truth, they looking for something else. truth hurts, truth is deadly.

the fool is the first card in the tarot deck.

Last edited:
OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
start asking serious questions sure seems to kill a thread. lol (my bad)

DMT (allegedly) is a natural sub stance, I'll wait for the good stuff instead of taking that kingdom by force. hope this thread gets rolling though, very interested in where it might go so if what I write here turns you off, just ignore it and bounce off what others have written.

but seriously, (not again!) why does 'truth' need a consensus?

the 'history' books are loaded with folks who were leaders on this path who were murdered, assassinated, etc. One of them was supposedly crucified!
Well, I think "truthers" pretty much start out the same. We see a minutely loose thread in the fabric of reality and tug at it. It is terrifying how fast the tapestry goes after that. Nothing is left.

This is what I have been ruminating about lately: I couldn't have fallen down the rabbit hole if there weren't a rabbit hole in which to fall..........
but did I create that rabbit hole?

I get @Suicufnoc's point. (Confucius backward. I like it.)
The moment we began to search for truth, it became a dangling carrot, and I think that is because truth is fluid. It only resides in collective consciousness. Seems to me that the more people awaken to a subject, the more "real" it becomes. The idea feeds off our collective energy and physically manifests itself in our realm.

Take mud flood for example. When Nik Research introduced it to me a couple of years ago, I could find no information on it. Now everybody is on the "orphan train" and I can't swing a dead cat without seeing a buried window.

Now, one could say that we find what we look for, but all I have ever looked for is truth and haven't found it yet.

Last edited:

Deleted_x7

Reactions
but all I have ever looked for is truth and haven't found it yet.
same here for the most part until I realized the truth is within. tag, youre it!

we cant write the truth exactly as it is because we are that truth ('know thyself') so we can only write quasi-truth quasi | Origin and meaning of quasi by Online Etymology Dictionary
Know thyself - Wikipedia
“He who knows others is wise; he who knows himself is enlightened.”
― Lao Tzu
“No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
― Pythagoras

we can define reality (authorize it) or we can sub scribe to others definitions of it (hisssstree)
It only resides in collective consciousness. Seems to me that the more people awaken to a subject, the more "real" it becomes. The idea feeds off our collective energy and physically manifests itself in our realm.
only? I experience otherwise but also the power of the collective, Ive already written my thoughts about this somewhere on here, I learned it the hard way and its also the same way TPTB operate (polarizing the collective to do their bidding) however, we as individuals have our own collection to work with and I am witness to the law of attraction in miraculous ways way beyond impossible.

thats also when I read the thread title and that author 'eliminating the impossible', I lol'd. Im certainly no master of miracles but Ive learned enough to know that anything is possible.

Last edited:

welkyn

Reactions
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
- Somebody, some time

I mean, not to be that guy, but whoever came up with that quote is pretty stupid. Once you've ruled out the impossible, what you're left with is the possible - not even the probable, never mind the truth. For example, it's impossible that a bird could've flown through my ground story window at high enough speed to break it, because I have 10 foot high walls just outside my house. This leaves the possibilities of a brick being thrown, someone punching the glass, spontaneous ball lightning erupting in the living room, etc. Surely some of these can be ruled out as well - there is no brick, and no bloodstain, so the first two are unlikely - unless someone did a good cleanup job and removed any trace of evidence. All possibilities remain once impossibilities have been ruled out.

To be blunt, this kind of thinking - "it definitely wasn't X, so it must have been Y" - is one of the pitfalls of the "conspiracy theory" community. Jumping to conclusions is exactly what a number of these so-called "scientists" have done to present the assumed narrative - we can't fix the problem by jumping to other conclusions. We have to present what evidence we definitely do have, and then speculate from there in as many directions as we can, while retaining a suspension of belief on the truth of the subject. That way, we will have broad enough frameworks to fit future evidence to: certain possibilities will be discounted by future evidence, others will be supported; eventually we can be reasonably sure that such-and-such is the case, pending firm proof. In cases where such proof is unavailable, all we can ever get is "best fit theories," which are workable, but not to be believed as truth.

Sorry, I'm a philosophy grad - thinking about thinking is my game.

I'll do a proper response to the real question of the thread - which seems to be "what do we not want to ask ourselves" - once I've had a bit of sleep. It's been a long day ;)

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
I believe in an absolute truth. Don't find it either. I also believe spiritual truth, like many things comes from within. I do take issue with one quote listed, aside from agreeing with @welkyn about the Doyle quote.
That is "know thyself" I don't believe this is possible and is one of the things that has people trapped in their "minds"
I would change that quote to "Be yourself" Knowing is an act requiring two entities. The knower and the known.

If "I" know "myself", which is "I" and which one is "myself". I'm content to be myself, it's actually possible, although I even fail at that as often as not.

welkyn

Reactions
^ That's one of the best posts I've ever seen pretty much anywhere.

Deleted_x7

Reactions
I believe in an absolute truth. Don't find it either. I also believe spiritual truth, like many things comes from within. I do take issue with one quote listed, aside from agreeing with @welkyn about the Doyle quote.
That is "know thyself" I don't believe this is possible and is one of the things that has people trapped in their "minds"
I would change that quote to "Be yourself" Knowing is an act requiring two entities. The knower and the known.

If "I" know "myself", which is "I" and which one is "myself". I'm content to be myself, it's actually possible, although I even fail at that as often as not.
seems to me, myself, & I that one of us is ego, one is pure awareness, and one is The One, pure oneness that connects us all. and this is why to 'know thyself' is important.

its not easy, its much like knowing someone elses name, we know many peoples names but we dont really know them. the name is only a re presentation. for many of us, thats enough. most of us IMO but we fall short of knowing anything this way. most importantly ourselves.

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
seems to me, myself, & I that one of us is ego, one is pure awareness, and one is The One, pure oneness that connects us all. and this is why to 'know thyself' is important.

its not easy, its much like knowing someone elses name, we know many peoples names but we dont really know them. the name is only a re presentation. for many of us, thats enough. most of us IMO but we fall short of knowing anything this way. most importantly ourselves.
Which one is the one you know? And which one is the one that knows It? The ego knows the oneness? The awareness knows the ego?

It's all labels and judgements.

I like the way Alan Watts puts it:

"Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth."

“Waking up to who you are requires letting go of who you imagine yourself to be.”

Deleted_x7

Reactions
Which one is the one you know? And which one is the one that knows It? The ego knows the oneness? The awareness knows the ego?

It's all labels and judgements.

I like the way Alan Watts puts it:

"Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth."

“Waking up to who you are requires letting go of who you imagine yourself to be.”
that explains it (allan watts), Im familiar with the zen state, 'the zone' its a part of the puzzle and useful in many ways but only a part. more info on watts:

In this talk, Leary, Alan Watts, Alan Ginsberg, Gary Snyder and Allen Cohen describe how those that “tune in, turn on, drop out” would abandon modern culture and return to the status of a peasant.
Manufacturing the Deadhead: A Product of Social Engineering... by Joe Atwill and Jan Irvin - Logos Media

Ice Nine

Reactions
For advice outside of my own head I like to turn to Kurt Vonnegut, particularly through his character of Bokonon. Who was a made up religious leader in Cat's Cradle. Bokonon wrote many books in conjunction with his outlook on life and expectations thereof.

Vonnegut wrote thought provoking sci-novels. And Vonnegut's works are much more filled out than Bokonon's were, but sometimes being parsimonious with words is a virtue.

The Fourteenth Book (of Bokonon)
[ A short book with a long title. ]

Title: What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the Experience of the Past Million Years?

Only verse: Nothing.

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
Title: What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the Experience of the Past Million Years?

Only verse: Nothing.
This "No Thing" thing is a pretty steady idea on this thread. It's a hell of a contradiction to know there is no thing but still look for it every day.

I sometimes wonder if I am any different than a television-watcher. I've traded the main stream for a cripple creek. We're all just trying to quell our boredom.

If I could be content with no thing, just float in an isolation chamber until all thoughts were gone, would this place cease to exist, or would I cease to exist from this place?

Ice Nine

Reactions
This "No Thing" thing is a pretty steady idea on this thread. It's a hell of a contradiction to know there is no thing but still look for it every day.

I sometimes wonder if I am any different than a television-watcher. I've traded the main stream for a cripple creek. We're all just trying to quell our boredom.

If I could be content with no thing, just float in an isolation chamber until all thoughts were gone, would this place cease to exist, or would I cease to exist from this place?
I find your post very insightful and funny and sad. It is indeed the shits! No thing. It ain't no thing.

I can quote Vonnegut again:
“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

If my dad was still alive he would totally agree with that.

Yeah sometimes I think there has to be something, but is that because I am human and painfully aware of my mortality. i.e. wishful thinking?

Are we just killing time on planet Earth. Sometimes I feel like a lost child and I'm 66.
Anybody else try to visualize/imagine what "nothingness" is? Perhaps your isolation chamber scenario is a bit too real.

Sometimes I think if it was a perfect world and beyond, we'd die and go to someplace like the movie What Dreams May Come or a Twilight Zone episode where I can just walk off into the sunset with my faithful old dog by my side.

Last edited:

Deleted_x7

Reactions
seems to me, we are agents of free will serving time on probation. some consider this a prison planet, Im not one of them but do think its con tain ment

I think this is just one page of a test and the next page depends upon this ones results. and so on and on and on until we reach the ultimate creator or the ultimate destroyer. creation is Alpha, destruction is Omega then we move on to the next volume/test book of an infinite series.

welkyn

Reactions
More likely, this place would cease to exist in you; should you re-emerge, both the world and the you in it should come back into being.

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
I can quote Vonnegut again:
“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
You are a really cool and kind human being. I enjoy all your posts. If you have kids and grandkids, they are lucky to have you.
seems to me, we are agents of free will serving time on probation. some consider this a prison planet, Im not one of them but do think its con tain ment
I posted this on another thread the other day:
Every time I see the word alien now, I read it as a lien.
lien - a right to keep possession of property belonging to another person until a debt owed by that person is discharged.
Perhaps those who encounter aliens are being reminded that they are on loan from another place.