What's the Ends For You?

Paracelsus

Reactions
As "They" say - "knowledge is power." But, in my years of listening to motivational speakers - Jim Rohn in particular - I'd have to agree with the notion that knowledge is only potential power. What does learning about some buried over pyramid in Bosnia and the resonant frequencies it produces do for me now?

What is the point in learning about my personal triumvirate of Tesla, Keely, and Schauberger?

Here's the raw unfiltered truth. I have always felt a gnawing dis-satisfaction with the conventions of this world. I never felt wrong, and nature never felt wrong. But this civilization, the culture, the technology felt shoddy, the people feel shoddy. Only the best music and art feels closer towards a more divinely inspired aesthetic.

Perhaps I'm more Agent Smith than Neo, because there is something that is often profoundly disgusting about this cheap, pinchbeck simulacra of thoughtful craftsmanship. Maybe I vaguely remember a more splendid civilization, where nothing was gilded, but was cast from solid gold or orichalcum. It is painful to make vapid small talk with idiots, about nothing. Is it so inappropriate to ask "why are you here?" "What does your soul aspire to?"

I've been ruminating about the meaning of existence far more than usual lately. Every single insight into the great craftsmen who came before me has made me take stock of my own accomplishments. And I know, there is no beach, there is no retirement, no wife, no kids. Not one single conventional exemplar of success will ever make me happy. Research, asking WHY WHY WHY every single second of every single day. A burning obsession to know WHY.

I have studied inventors my entire adult life. Just as Napoleon Hill studied wealthy men in Think and Grow Rich. Here is the profoundly scary insight I've arrived at. All geniuses were quite mad. The divine spark of brilliance is madness. Epiphany and profound realization demand a steep cost, the pearl of great price.

Why do you want to know how this world is built? An even more chilling question is -
What happens if you do find out?

I've starred into the abyss my entire life, just recently it has started to stare back.

The technology in my posts are transportation and medicine centric. From an early age I have needed to fly and fight. My end is getting the f**k out of this cage, those who came before me were kind enough to drop hints how to do so. I'm doing the same.

Wherever your road leads, good luck!

Ice Nine

Reactions
The end(s) would be when I have an answer for myself that makes sense. And I sincerely believe I won't reach that end before my end but I'm starting to think the real meaning is there is no meaning.
I delve into the past to help try and make sense of the now, when really it matters not. It's a great way to kill time until I vacate my meat sack and I have to have something esoteric to think about. If I spend too much time in the mainstream I start making myself physically sick.

Last edited:

GroundhogLfe

Reactions
I agree on a couple of things.

Knowledge is only part of using power. I'm thinking knowledge only provides the means to apply power. I'm also thinking that true power lies in will power and the depth of emotions. There are ways for people weak with their will to apply the use knowledge by manipulation of others, so knowledge can be used for gaining power in relation to attributes like intelligence as well. I'd also maybe want to distinguish the use of the word power a bit as well. I think the better word to describe your own "power" is the older word might - being mighty or then just distinguish what power are we talking about, like will. The use of "power" in the use of manipulation and applying it for society would be better as influence. I'm a bit disturbed how the use of the word power can be a bit confusing at least for a foreigner so it sounds a bit of a newspeek type of word in it's modern usage to hide things within, but it's perhaps nothing, just quick thoughts.

On a personal experience on elaborating that I believe I have gained a burst of knowledge of the world the past few years. But because of my personal history where my own will was broken when I was a child, I have never really learned to challenge and push myself properly. My godmother and at least part of the family in general were sick ************s. So if I try to see myself objectively it's like my will power is still on the level of a child and I must learn to push it past all boundaries as I've only broken free of those shackles in the past few years. So I have gained the knowledge to do great things, but I lack the will to execute on that and I'm working on it, for me knowledge is not power.

I also agree on that true brilliance has something to do with perceived madness as that is to push the boundaries of this civilization and it's norms to new levels so the one doing it must at least mentally live outside of the norms and might be deemed as mad purely by the norm. Madness is only a perspective in jungian realities, someone deemed quite mad might just be deemed as an ordinary guy who was on the right stuff when the rest of the world at that time was actually quite mad in times of future or those of the past.

And on the ends, ultimately it seems that everything could be in vain. Like even the life beyond this "cage", how would it differ from all it's vanity even if it wasn't offering you any pain? You can also apply the thought of a buffet even to the wholesome of life. You may like all the food that is on the offer, but if you become bored of eating and all the flavors in existence what would be the point going for one if you get nothing out of it? Where it does not even matter anymore are you existant or non-existant? This is why I think the term ignorance is bliss is partially true at least to experience this world. Being ignorant might quite well be seen as being able to be in awe of all the tiny things like children. My road has always been different as the drive for knowledge seems to be built deep within me, like a gnostic. If you come to know it all and it's vanity you must eventually fight the struggle against boredom and that could be death.

Perhaps the state of higher love is the key experiencing life to the fullest and that's what really makes you feel alive. I know I'm not really after the material, but while I'm here I am thinking that why not try to get experiences and provoke your emotions out of it by travels and nights out etc. I however know if I only relied on those material things I would become quite bored. But being stripped the chance to experience them while existing here forces you to turn inwards and that makes this experience also relatively boring through the lack of interaction to others. In general I just prefer emotions and emotions I can experience provoked by without and solely within, preferably through them both.

Last edited:

tupperaware

Reactions
  • Paracelsus "I have studied inventors my entire adult life. Just as Napoleon Hill studied wealthy men in Think and Grow Rich. Here is the profoundly scary insight I've arrived at. All geniuses were quite mad. The divine spark of brilliance is madness. Epiphany and profound realization demand a steep cost, the pearl of great price. "

Its not too hard to imagine a typical hyper intelligent alien having an IQ of say 10,000 and anything significantly more than that pushes them often into the demented range but still creative and benevolent to keep us around for awhile longer. There are also human geniuses given the McArthur prize that definitely are not demented but they also don't produce the great things they once thought they were capable of.

"A little Madness in the Spring Is wholesome even for the King" Emily Dickenson

A little Madness in the Spring
Is wholesome even for the King,
But God be with the Clown -
Who ponders this tremendous scene -
This whole Experiment of Green -
As if it were his own!
Emily Dickinson

GroundhogLfe

Reactions
@GroundhogLfe,
Well, keep knocking up there in Finland Groundhog. And get some flair for your profile!

Added up some flair to the forum profile, perhaps even too much - one man can make a difference. Flair is under work in the reality beyond the internet here as well.

Regarding knocking, I'm done knocking there if I get it right what you are meaning with that, happens if it happens. It's been a task that has lead me nowhere before, just occupied my mind in vain as more of a duty. Just going to be my own captain and pick up my own crew and if my ship sinks, well, let it sink and stink, at least it's still my ship. Done with the mutiny and there's a change going on.

I also can relate to that girl in the video. I've been a made up fool. Someone with the strength to carry those lacking within and not being able to pick things up even when being blunt about it up front, but once you get it rolling it can change real quick. A fool that never was a fool to begin with, but that was all fake, just made up. A laugh, forgiveness and pity for those in that requirement.

Here's some extra content for fools in general. I have not been a heyoka in this life, but another kind of fool, with having a similar psychological effect of cheer and lift up. Most of the time without true intent. It seems it's almost impossible for me to not go past the topic provided, but my thoughts are pouring over to other topics all the time.

Endings are good, there will be room for new beginnings.

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Reactions
Yes I love this, "live your life with flair. " Live your live well. Express yourself. Even if you want to use David Hasselhoff. :D

I think the greatest curse on the human race is being aware of our own mortality. Some days I wonder what it would be like to be my dog, or the cow grazing n the field. Or a bird on a wing. To be a creature that doesn't have to fret and stew over things.

Oh time to drag out Kurt Vonnegut. who I might add is probably the most influential literary figure in my life. Every one of his novels is something to be savoured. Ice Nine by the way comes from Cat's Cradle. Cat's Cradle is a good introduction to Vonnegut, if anybody has never read his work.

He really was a great inspiration in my youth. He was one author that could get right inside my head. He taught me to enjoy the little things in life.
He being darkly satirical. And that speaks to me, and he has a wonderfully simplistic way of looking at the immensely complicated aspects of the human condition. Most of his works rely heavily on science fiction and humor, lots and lots of humor. He can make you realize the absurdity of life and all of it's foibles and pitfalls.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Ice Nine
And my last bit of mine and Kurt's advice, hey I'm old I've got a lot of advice.

I do this all the time. And it helps!

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

When I'm riding my bike down the trail and pass other bikers, I'll often shot out to them. If this isn't nice I don't know what is. And they agree! it makes us all feel good.

And speaking to brilliant minds, of course genuses are a bit mad, how could any thinking person not be a bit crazy in this world.
Make sure you do at least one nice thing for yourself today.

I think happiness is power and it's often harder to acquire than knowledge, you can be very knowledgeable and still not be happy.

OP
Paracelsus

Paracelsus

Reactions
Added up some flair to the forum profile, perhaps even too much. Flair is under work in the reality beyond the internet here as well.

Regarding knocking, I'm done knocking there if I get it right what you are meaning with that, happens if it happens. It's been a task that has lead me nowhere before, just occupied my mind in vain as more of a duty. Just going to be my own captain and pick up my own crew and if my ship sinks, well, let it sink and stink, at least it's still my ship. Done with the mutiny and there's a change going on.

I also can relate to that girl in the video. I've been a made up fool. Someone with the strength to carry those lacking within and not being able to pick things up even when being blunt about it up front, but once you get it rolling it can change real quick. A fool that never was a fool to begin with, but that was all fake, just made up. A laugh, forgiveness and pity for those in that requirement.

Here's some extra content for fools in general. I have not been a heyoka in this life, but another kind of fool, with having a similar psychological effect of cheer and lift up. Most of the time without true intent. It seems it's almost impossible for me to not go past the topic provided, but my thoughts are pouring over to other topics all the time.

Endings are good, there will be room for new beginnings.
Right on, I dig the Hoff!

Keep knocking is an American turn-of-phrase that means keep going/don't give up/keep knocking at the door. I heard coaches say it for years.
Post automatically merged:

Yes I love this, "live your life with flair. " Live your live well. Express yourself. Even if you want to use David Hasselhoff. :D

I think the greatest curse on the human race is being aware of our own mortality. Some days I wonder what it would be like to be my dog, or the cow grazing n the field. Or a bird on a wing. To be a creature that doesn't have to fret and stew over things.

Oh time to drag out Kurt Vonnegut. who I might add is probably the most influential literary figure in my life. Every one of his novels is something to be savoured. Ice Nine by the way comes from Cat's Cradle. Cat's Cradle is a good introduction to Vonnegut, if anybody has never read his work.

He really was a great inspiration in my youth. He was one author that could get right inside my head. He taught me to enjoy the little things in life.
He being darkly satirical. And that speaks to me, and he has a wonderfully simplistic way of looking at the immensely complicated aspects of the human condition. Most of his works rely heavily on science fiction and humor, lots and lots of humor. He can make you realize the absurdity of life and all of it's foibles and pitfalls.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Ice Nine
And my last bit of mine and Kurt's advice, hey I'm old I've got a lot of advice.

I do this all the time. And it helps!

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

When I'm riding my bike down the trail and pass other bikers, I'll often shot out to them. If this isn't nice I don't know what is. And they agree! it makes us all feel good.

And speaking to brilliant minds, of course genuses are a bit mad, how could any thinking person not be a bit crazy in this world.
Make sure you do at least one nice thing for yourself today.

I think happiness is power and it's often harder to acquire than knowledge, you can be very knowledgeable and still not be happy.
I've always thought of madness along these lines:

Cheshire Cat: If I were looking for a white rabbit, I'd ask the Mad Hatter.
Alice: The Mad Hatter? Oh, no no no...
Cheshire Cat: Or, you could ask the March Hare, in that direction.
Alice: Oh, thank you. I think I'll see him...
Cheshire Cat: Of course, he's mad, too.
Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.
Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.
[laughs maniacally; starts to disappear]
Cheshire Cat: You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

I've always loved the great literary cats; Cheshire Cat and The Cat in the Hat. Mad genii, rascals, tricksters, and completely magical beings with a solution for any problem. To them, the ends always justifies the means. They live in many worlds, their sanity straining against the onslaught of many realities converging and diverging within their mind.

I keep mind of these mad rascal cats when researching material dealing with alternative history. You must know two or more timelines and dates, but stay detached from belief in either. Look at the patterns within a crop circe or observe a beautiful Exposition pavilion, yet not become fixated.

Reality isn't immutable and concrete, it is constantly in flux, being torn apart and rebuilt. It is changeable like an inconceivable mind.

Last edited:

Andromeda

Reactions
The end could be in our lifetime because they really intend to exterminate all biological life on Earth.

Still I remain hopeful, because I learn something new every night when I dream.

Perhaps the olden days are communicating with us through dreams how nature and civilisation used to be before the invasion.

Hopefully the end will be without bloodshed and we transit back to the olden days.

JWW427

Reactions
Follow your passion, nothing else is as important barring loved ones.
Life is about learning. No hard knocks, little learned.
Each human incarnation's lifetime accrues knowledge and wisdom.
We are infinite souls, infinite beings.
We will never stop the learning process.
Hurrah for that.

JWW

Starmonkey

Reactions
SO many good quotes and turnabouts of phrase in CAT'S CRADLE. Love that yarn. Or string. No cat. No cradle.
And don't Hassle the Hoff! Kung Fury reference there. Beauty of a pointless plot, but plenty of FLAIR.
BTW, IMO things are going to get a lot more interesting during the Apocalypse as our shared reality comes tumbling down and all of our other lesser realities come out more. Exciting times!

CitizenShip

Reactions
Oh man what are the ends? Well for me i seem to be stuck in a recurring loop that leads me back to the same position and that is that life is some kind of game, that lessons need to be learned and you will keep being incarnated until you learn. what that lesson is i do not know but i keep coming to the same conclusion that suicide might be the answer, i know it sounds bad but there is some thought behind it.

Almost all of our religions and governing laws forbid the taking of ones own life but yet do not mind that death if by another's hand is ok because the soul will just be reset(no lesson to be learnt) and maybe having the courage to just say no i am not taking part in this will stop the rebirth cycle, damn this makes much more sense inside my own realm!

Starmonkey

Reactions
Oh man what are the ends? Well for me i seem to be stuck in a recurring loop that leads me back to the same position and that is that life is some kind of game, that lessons need to be learned and you will keep being incarnated until you learn. what that lesson is i do not know but i keep coming to the same conclusion that suicide might be the answer, i know it sounds bad but there is some thought behind it.

Almost all of our religions and governing laws forbid the taking of ones own life but yet do not mind that death if by another's hand is ok because the soul will just be reset(no lesson to be learnt) and maybe having the courage to just say no i am not taking part in this will stop the rebirth cycle, damn this makes much more sense inside my own realm!
Cat's Cradle has a good reference. Maybe you would enjoy.
I'm more pulled toward the Vanilla Sky version of jumping off of a building or cliff. More spectacular.
Or the instances in Heroes or Lethal Weapon...
I live twenty minutes from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Almost every time I drive over there, I feel this urge to steer the car over the edge and take the plunge. Not so much when I'm OUT of the car unless it's at night. The abyss beckons. Something attractive about FALLING. Or PLUMMETING. Good word, plummet.
Guess there's expansion and retraction. Black hole or supernova.

Searching

Reactions
The Egg, a short story attributed to Andy Weir, punched me in the gut as truth when I first read it.

You were on your way home when you died.
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.

CitizenShip

Reactions
Cat's Cradle has a good reference. Maybe you would enjoy.
I'm more pulled toward the Vanilla Sky version of jumping off of a building or cliff. More spectacular.
Or the instances in Heroes or Lethal Weapon...
I live twenty minutes from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Almost every time I drive over there, I feel this urge to steer the car over the edge and take the plunge. Not so much when I'm OUT of the car unless it's at night. The abyss beckons. Something attractive about FALLING. Or PLUMMETING. Good word, plummet.
Guess there's expansion and retraction. Black hole or supernova.
Yes just like the matrix, there is no spoon!
Will check out Cats Cradle, been on my list for a long time!

Starmonkey

Reactions
The Egg, a short story attributed to Andy Weir, punched me in the gut as truth when I first read it.

You were on your way home when you died.
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.
Good one! Everyone wants to remember having been somebody, but nobody seems to want to remember having been everybody!

WarningGuy

Reactions
I know my end. Im not to far off hitting the big 60 and for most of that i always wonder what the hell it was all worth, why are we even here in this shithole called life and i hated it. Then a few years back it came to me and has not changed since. The day i realized We Are All One. One with mother earth and one with the creator. Yes you can laugh or try and say its not so. It will not change how i feel,it has been tried many times. But before i go i want to take as much knowledge as i can with me.

Onijunbei

Reactions
Money is the root of all evil.. The Bible mentions it, and Jesus warns against it. Money is the foundation of control. The ground has more insulation than that 300k house and all one needs is there hands to mold it, move it, shape it into shelter. Money convinces people that there is no God and you have to pay to live on a piece of land given to you by God. For free. People want money to pay other people to build and do the shit we are supposed to be doing ourselves. The United States got formed because people accepted money to fight. Kings only exist because people accept money to defend them. The government works for the rich because officials get bribed bought and blackmailed because they commit sin.
Would we still have problems without money? Of course. But we would have a lot less problems because we would live in abundance and love our neighbors as we do ourselves.
The Bible spelled it all out 1000-2000 years ago.

People need to stop being apart of the system built by money for money. That's the only way it stops, and the only way to get back to Nature. Nature =God.

Last edited: