What is going on with Cappadocia?

Monkwee

The content discussed over in the post about Petra by @Ice Nine got me thinking about the stone carved houses and structures in the ancient region of Cappadocia, Central Anatolia in modern day Turkey.

cappadocia-turkey.jpg
The history of the region is loaded with wars and conquerors dating back to the 8th century bce (allegedly)

There is an abundance of puzzling architecture throughout the region:

north_cappadocia_1.jpg the-cappadocia-hotel_1000_560_2978_1475854010.jpg north-cappadocia-tour-4.jpeg

Are these carved into the stone, or encased by stone after the fact? Or a combination of both?

Most puzzling is the city of Derinkuyu, according to Wiki:
  • Caves might have been built initially in the soft volcanic rock of the Cappadocia region by the Phrygians, an Indo-European people, in the 8th–7th centuries BCE, according to the Turkish Department of Culture. When the Phrygian language died out in Roman times, replaced with its close relative, the Greek language, the inhabitants, now Christian, expanded their underground caverns to deep multiple level structures adding the chapels and Greek inscriptions.

A passage in the Underground City.
  • The Derinkuyu underground city is an ancient multi-level underground city in the Derinkuyu district in Nevşehir Province, Turkey. Extending to a depth of approximately 60 metres (200 ft), it is large enough to have sheltered as many as 20,000 people together with their livestock and food stores. It is the largest excavated underground city in Turkey and is one of several underground complexes found across Cappadocia.

derinkuyu_map.jpg derinkuyu.jpg

Was this city above ground at one point?

BStankman

Notice the square excavation holes?
Classic antiquity is the work of treasure hunters
People still live in some of these right? So here the process must have been easier or more economical than building a new house.
If you don't mind living in a grave.

argos cappadocia hotel 3.jpg

It is another tower of Babel. Buried in cataclysm and dug out.
History is a lie.
Geology is a lie.

And based on how these are stacked into towers in many places and the assumption that only a percentage of these survived or have been excavated,
overpopulation is a lie.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Monkwee

Monkwee

I would love to see those historians with a chisel carving these out personally :geek:
I would love to hear their explanation for how anyone could carve this:
in the rock.jpeg lot.jpg north-cappadocia-tour-4.jpeg

Notice the square excavation holes?
Classic antiquity is the work of treasure hunters
People still live in some of these right? So here the process must have been easier than building a new house.
If you don't mind living in a grave.

View attachment 9002

It is another tower of Babel. Buried in cataclysm and dug out.
History is a lie.
Geology is a lie.

And based on how these are stacked into towers in many places and the assumption that only a percentage of these survived or have been excavated,
overpopulation is a lie.
Wow! I didn't realize people still lived in them! Also, I'm curious to learn what you mean by 'another tower of Babel' would you mind elaborating?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Monkwee

Monkwee

Ice Nine

Turkey is just loaded with "rock cut" stuff. Excellent comparison to The Tower of Babel, holy cow! Looks like a lot of other remains I have seen as well.

The underground city, people really needed to live underground for some reason and for a long time. They were hiding from something or somebody. No doubt about that, but what ?! Jeez I have enough to do to try and figure out all this other stuff. LOL

My take on Capadocia and just about everyplace else "rock cut". The above ground dwellings first. I think all of Turkey, that whole region of the world got covered in a massive mud flow, I think that more than tons of ash, it's just too damn deep for that, but maybe it's a combination of mud and ash, who the heck knows at this point.
But just briefly I live in Washington State on the foot of Mt. Rainier and on top of one of it's lahars, big mud flows, the Osceola Mud Flow which reached a depth of 328 feet. Another mud flow The Round Pass mudflow reaches a depth of 984 feet. I wonder if we are sitting on top of anything interesting.

Anyway just picture any large city today and cover it with tons of mud and ash, and let it harden and eventually some goat farmers come along and start digging their way in.
I'm sure they are just digging their way into already existing buildings and structures. Positive of it. The following are in Turkey as well.

Tower of Babel anybody

This is Lycia, Turkey
640px-Myra_Rock_Tombs.jpg
Myra Turkey.jpg

Here is a huge picture, take a look up close at some of the details, especially a carving of a man next to a really huge man. I circled the carving of the two figures in the second pic.
turkey.jpg
Lycia 2.jpg

They didn't even bother to take the overburden off of the roofs.
Turkey-Lycia-Tombs.jpg
Below is Kilistra Konya Turkey if you want to look up more.

69869167-tumbas-de-roca-y-las-iglesias-kilistra-turquía.jpg

Kilistra Church.jpg

Apollyon

First thing we can do to further along this paradigm change is to stop using "their" language. As wise up likes to say "nothing carved everything built."

Stop using the term rock cut and start calling them mineral saturated megastructures or petrified buildings.

Ice Nine

I think extremely relevant. Take that location and cover it in mud and ash for so many years that it hardens to a stone like substance, sandstone in many places. Anyway then along comes some people and maybe they see something strange sticking up out of the ground or on a hillside and start investigating and then we get this.

This is Vardizia Russia. Please notice the arches in the second picture. Much like Calabria
Look how much dirt or ash or rock is above where the city begins and who can tell how tall the original buildings were, those could be buried sky scrapers for all we know.

Vardizia Russia 2.jpg
Vardzia russia.jpg

OP
OP
Monkwee

Monkwee

Turkey is just loaded with "rock cut" stuff. Excellent comparison to The Tower of Babel, holy cow! Looks like a lot of other remains I have seen as well.

The underground city, people really needed to live underground for some reason and for a long time. They were hiding from something or somebody. No doubt about that, but what ?! Jeez I have enough to do to try and figure out all this other stuff. LOL

My take on Capadocia and just about everyplace else "rock cut". The above ground dwellings first. I think all of Turkey, that whole region of the world got covered in a massive mud flow, I think that more than tons of ash, it's just too damn deep for that, but maybe it's a combination of mud and ash, who the heck knows at this point.
But just briefly I live in Washington State on the foot of Mt. Rainier and on top of one of it's lahars, big mud flows, the Osceola Mud Flow which reached a depth of 328 feet. Another mud flow The Round Pass mudflow reaches a depth of 984 feet. I wonder if we are sitting on top of anything interesting.

Anyway just picture any large city today and cover it with tons of mud and ash, and let it harden and eventually some goat farmers come along and start digging their way in.
I'm sure they are just digging their way into already existing buildings and structures. Positive of it. The following are in Turkey as well.

Tower of Babel anybody

This is Lycia, Turkey
View attachment 9009 View attachment 9010

Here is a huge picture, take a look up close at some of the details, especially a carving of a man next to a really huge man. I circled the carving of the two figures in the second pic.
View attachment 9014
View attachment 9015

They didn't even bother to take the overburden off of the roofs.
View attachment 9013
Below is Kilistra Konya Turkey if you want to look up more.

View attachment 9011
View attachment 9012
Dude you have a good eye! That is definitely a gigantic guy! These are awesome images
dude this is incredible stuff!! Good spot with the giant guy on the wall! I will definitely be looking more into washington mud and landslides!
EDIT: I didnt think my comment worked yesterday for some reason, apologies

Verity

I'd like forward a humble hypothesis that these were constructed using stone-slicing-vibration technology... for want of a better term.

Linked to an interesting vibrating sand vid. was a stone cutting guy from Russia (presumably).
The bit relevant to my idea goes c.2mins to 3mins in.
Vibration literally carves a perfect column out of stone.

Images like this statue make me doubt 'stone age' technology was what we've been led to believe.
(Funny how one can't spell 'believe' without 'lie' smack in the middle of it.)

Stone Fisherman.jpeg

The next part to try and explain this idea would be the tech. which seems closest today; the almost embarrassingly budget 3D-printing (when compared with such amazing structures in sheer rock faces).

To my mind these extraordinary buildings (and statues) were almost 'printed'.
Some dimensions of the structures- the roof/doric columns etc.- still contain empirical data built in stone --> universally harmonic perfection.

Mystery cults like the Dionysian Architects and the Pythagoreans used Nature-mathematic precision to ensure those principles would withstand mortal life, floods, fires.
Since Earths oscillating began the ley lines strength was ?'diluted' and the vibe.tech became virtually useless.

I thought that tiny circled image of the smaller man with larger was curious. This photo taken at Turin Egyptian Museum- proportions which suggest it's not an adult with child.

Pharaoh&god.jpg

Last edited:

BStankman

I'd like forward a humble hypothesis that these were constructed using stone-slicing-vibration technology... for want of a better term.

Linked to an interesting vibrating sand vid. was a stone cutting guy from Russia (presumably).
The bit relevant to my idea goes c.2mins to 3mins in.
Vibration literally carves a perfect column out of stone.
I am not going to deny suppressed technology.
Jericho was reduced to rubble by sound.

But once you know geology is a lie, you will clearly see some of these statues were carved out of wood.

5358116444_80569c1089_b.jpg

Ice Nine

I think a lot of stuff is petrified wood. I read an interesting article about the KailatrasTemple, one of the rock cut temples = mineral saturated megastructures or petrified buildings, at some point in history one ruler wanted to have it destroyed, it couldn't be done, the rock was too hard, well how did they "carve" it then. They simply removed the overburden and there the Temple was. The workers "carving" it said the same thing, the Temple revealed itself. It was mentioned in the same article, I'll try to find it, but it was several years ago and I didn't save it.

I urge you all when looking at ruins and structures start looking behind and around the structures or whatever you are looking at, you can always see things hiding or still barely there in the outcroppings.

Here's a 'smoking gun" . It is not being carved, sheeesh, it is being uncovered.

Buddhist stupa "carved out of rock" at Takht-I-Rustam Afghanistan. the first picture when it was first found, note the severe damage in the one corner, several more pictures after is was uncovered more, the last picture is the inside, the thing is HUGE.

Stupa 1.jpg
Stupa 2.jpg
Stupa 3.jpg
Stupa 4.jpg
takht-i-rustam5.jpg

dreamtime

Here's a 'smoking gun" . It is not being carved, sheeesh, it is being uncovered.
Exactly like the Lalibela Churches:

lalibela.jpg

It's being protected by UNESCO programs, and the locals have a vested interest in mystifying these structures. They are putting enourmous amounts of money into this, because the 'drainage system' is a disaster. Somone forgot to think when they dug out these old churches.

_whc.unesco.org/en/soc/2074

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Well said, that sums it up perfectly.

I have 2 old drawings of Kailistra Temple complex from the early 1800's, about 20 years apart, and both of them refer to it as the "excavated " Temple. I would think excavation means what is does today. I'll make a thread about it later. I can't sit here all day. LOL

@dreamtime : The exact same thing for sure. I posted this pic someplace else, but check this out, it's one of the other churches/temples in Lalibela...another smoking gun :eek: Can you imagine. "Hey people, let's just stop here or we will never get to the bottom of this thing!!!"

oh yes I started a Lalibela thread yesterday. Church of St. George and Bet Gabriel-Rufael

25491eb84697a1efb82aa35f3e6ea983.jpg

Last edited:

anotherlayer

it's brief moments where i understand it all. this plane(t) refreshes itself every 300 years or so. we're looking at multiple resets. the elites are building underground shelters and storing seeds to survive what's coming this time around. it's Noah's Ark every time. survive it, re-populate, ya got 300 years.

Ice Nine

I'm on the fence about the time spans and think there are greater gaps in time. But I'm new to this shorter time span version, so I have to mull things over for awhile. It's beyond clear that more than a few major catastrophic events have happened and not all at once. But jeez now it's that old chestnut, the more you know or find out, the less you realize you do know or can even suspect or speculate on.

I'm mainly focusing my little grey cells on mineral saturated megastructures or petrified buildings, but of course you know how that goes, something else always comes up and off a person goes in another direction.

I love this website! Thank you Korben