What created the Sahara Desert?

OP
mythstifieD

mythstifieD

Reactions
God's Debris
God's Debris espouses a philosophy based on the idea that the simplest explanation tends to be the best. It proposes a form of pandeism and monism, postulating that an omnipotent god annihilated himself in the Big Bang, because an omniscient entity would already know everything possible except his own lack of existence, and exists now as the smallest units of matter and the law of probability, or "God's debris".

The central character, according to the introduction, knows "everything. Literally everything." Adams, whose knowledge is as incomplete as the next person, got around this by using the aforementioned "simplest explanation" for each concept raised in the book because, while "in this complicated world the simplest explanation is usually dead wrong", a more simple explanation often sounds more right and more convincing than anything complex.

This character, the Avatar, defines God as primordial matter (like quarks and leptons) and the law of probability. He offers recommendations on everything from an alternative theory for planetary motion to successful recipes for relationships under his system. He proposes that God is currently reassembling himself through the continuing formation of a collective intelligence in the form of the human race, modern examples of which include the development of the internet; this is related to the idea of the Omega Point.

whitewave

Reactions
God's Debris sounds a bit like God Emperor Dune by Frank Herbert. Another one I need to add to my to-do list.

As for the desertification of the Sahara, the older maps show a much small Sahara desert. There was desert but not to the degree that it has grown. Antarctica is also melting and revealing its secrets. Overall the globe seems to be terraforming. Spring time is now insufferably hot and summer is life-threateningly hot.

I don't understand about the whole Nibiru business but, out of curiosity, if it exists, what effect is it supposed to have on earth when it arrives/passes by?

HengistErbse

Reactions
Just speculations:
Recently i saw a video about hydroelectric Power and dams. (but i cant find it anymore) In this video the assume that dam`s are in real a method to population control. If you build a dam, people behind the dam must be relocate because of the water now rising. People before can be controlled with the amount of water that you let pass through the dam. One effect is, that the land before the dam now drying-out.
Remember the Assuan Dam in Ägypt:

the-great-pyramid-pyramids-of-giza-egypt-photo-print-5.jpg
egypt_12.jpeg

As an example look at the aral sea in russia, as i read, there is no dam , but the water from the inflow river is "stolen" by agriculture (they say)
Now there is a new dessert :

300px-Aral_sea.gif

If you dont like, people live in areas with any thing else connected to the real history or so, build a dam...

whitewave

Reactions
Good point. There are entire towns that have been flooded (after buying out the residents at a pittance of their worth) to make a dam. When I read of those towns, I have to wonder that the dam couldn't have been constructed 5 miles away and save the town. Why did it have to be right through the town itself? What was there that was so important as to be sunken and lost forever?