What created the Sahara Desert?

mythstifieD

deserts-id[1].png

Just a quick thought. Is it just me, or does it look like something cosmic "scraped" the earth in a line from Africa to China?

dreamtime

The sahara is a big mystery to me. How did all the fine sand came out of nowhere? Did some kind of technology or electromagnetic force emanating from the sun cause the small sand particles to be created?

I can understand lots of these deserts as the consequences of catastrophic earth changes in line with a growing earth, but the sudden appearence of this massive amounts of fine sand in North Africa is staggering. Especially because whatever happened happened only around 300 years ago, since Africa is basically desert free on the old maps.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
And where could the sand come from? Did they grind the former contents of the Grand Canyon? It definitely sounds crazy but there is a lot of sand in Sahara.

OP
OP
mythstifieD

mythstifieD

It can't be just the proximity to the equator because elsewhere in the world it's actually lush there. I would expect it to be lush all over Africa, just like the Amazon.

Do tales of Africa from the middle ages talk about the desert there?
The sahara is a big mystery to me. How did all the fine sand came out of nowhere? Did some kind of technology or electromagnetic force emanating from the sun cause the small sand particles to be created?

I can understand lots of these deserts as the consequences of catastrophic earth changes in line with a growing earth, but the sudden appearence of this massive amounts of fine sand in North Africa is staggering. Especially because whatever happened happened only around 300 years ago, since Africa is basically desert free on the old maps.
It was actually those old maps that made me wonder about it when I stumbled on this map

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
While scientists are trying to convince us that everything happened naturally, I personally see the agenda meant to make us think that way.

My opinion that there are levels of technology out there, far and beyond our wildest imagination. Be it the Creator of our aquarium we call Earth, or the previous iteration of the dominant Earth humanoids.

That said, the sand had to come from somewhere. And here I can only see three possibilities.
  • Materialized from ether
  • Imported from some place else
  • Obtained through altering the program code
I do not think it could be purely created by some thermal impact, or series of impacts.

PrincepAugus

Impacts are the lamest and most irritating excuse or "theory" that mainstream scientists use. I mean, have they never considered the physical and engineering effects of impacts? They only destroy things or sliding or irregular craters. Coupled with the fact how massive the universe is and how rare impacts occur and we are to believe they create geology as they call it?

Given KD's ideas above I would list:
  • If materialized from ether, it is made by the electromagnetic reaction with the Earth's atmosphere and the unfortunate lush Northern Africa and the Middle East to create particularized sand (especially since sand is mostly made up of quartz).
  • If imported, we come back to the "Earth is one giant quarry thread".
  • I don't see any proof of a simulated universe, so no imo.

humanoidlord

i agree with @KorbenDallas on this being something other than meteorites or eletric dischrages, maybe someone altered the code like he said?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
We know only so much about the technology, and our opinions are based on what we think is possible. If there is a Creator of everything out there, unless you are an evolutionist, what kind of tech does he possesses?

Creating a program in flash and blood is not out of reach of such a Creator. I think.

OP
OP
mythstifieD

mythstifieD

Well there's no question we are coded via DNA. I don't get why DNA works at all, it's just an arrangement of letters when it comes down to it. Then look at elements themselves, add a proton and suddenly it acts like a gas instead of a liquid wtf? Seems to arbitrary and I think is good evidence that the universe is processing code somehow....

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I think it’s a fairly easy one. Just because we cannot fathom computer game characters being in flash and blood with intelligence of their own, it does not mean that there is no smarter entity out there capable of producing such characters.

Who said that we are the top of the brain chain?

OP
OP
mythstifieD

mythstifieD

Hmm I see. Though I just can't agree to it. I think I'm still in too much with the spirituality and importance of human beings lol.
The Christian Gnostics said that a god named the Demiurge accidently created the material world because he was in darkness and he thought he was the only thing that existed, therefore he must be the Creator. Therefore, he created. In doing so he trapped the souls of us and we're doomed to live here until we realise that there is a truth beyond the material world, that the Demiurge is only the half-creator, and Sophia is the true light and we too have a divine spark within us that can awaken.

The Gnostics would definitely agree that we're in a simulation.

anotherlayer

Hmm I see. Though I just can't agree to it. I think I'm still in too much with the spirituality and importance of human beings lol.
and what if i told you that the video game cannot be stopped and the original programmer was benevolent and kind. but you know, human beings screwed it all up and that programmer has long died and no one really bothers to check in on us anymore?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
and what if i told you that the video game cannot be stopped and the original programmer was benevolent and kind. but you know, human beings screwed it all up and that programmer has long died and no one really bothers to check in on us anymore?
I’ve heard this one before, that we are on our own now. I’m down with it. Wouldn’t that be nice?

anotherlayer

I’ve heard this one before, that we are on our own now. I’m down with it. Wouldn’t that be nice?
while our distant memory has vanished, we still have the innate desire to beg for the day our programmer returns. kinda like Tron when the kid has to break into his Dad's video game room and he boots up all the games. or perhaps Wargames, when Dr. Falken dies and leaves the game still running and his son Joshua is dying to play the game again...

meh, god's away on business. business.