What caused the global cataclysm? Part two.

CyborgNinja

Reactions
Myths of Ages
Part one if you missed it.
The object changed Earth's orbit and axial inclination, causing innumerable catastrophes which were mentioned in early mythologies and religions around the world. Fifty-two years later, it passed close by again, stopping the Earth's rotation for a while and causing more catastrophes. Then, in the 8th and 7th centuries BCE, Mars (itself displaced by Venus) made close approaches to the Earth; this incident caused a new round of disturbances and disasters. After that, the current "celestial order" was established. The courses of the planets stabilized over the centuries and Venus gradually became a "normal" planet.
-Worlds in Collision.

What happens when a super heated plasma sphere goes walk-about through the solar system? Things don't go so well for the people living there, that's what. When bad things happen, people have a habit of remembering those bad things. This is called trauma.

People from all cultures on earth have recorded just such traumatic events. Happening not just once, but several time. These reoccurring cataclysms were commonly known as Ages or Suns by these people. The term Sun being commonly used as, once the earth reestablished some consistent rhythm, the sun would have a new daily course across the sky. New Sun, new landscape. Effectively a world wide reset.

In all quoted sources the "suns" are explained (by the sources themselves) as signifying consecutive epochs, each of which went down in a great, general destruction. Did the reason for the substitution of the word "sun" for "epoch" by the peoples of both hemispheres lie in the changed appearance of the luminary and in its changed path across the sky in each world age?
-Worlds in Collision.

Bad memories; A world tour.

ancient culture and Venus.jpg

The Americas:

The Mayas counted their ages by the names of their consecutive suns. These were called Water Sun, Earthquake Sun, Hurricane Sun, Fire Sun. "These suns mark the epochs to which are attributed the various catastrophes the world has suffered." Ixtlilxochitl (circa 1568-1648), the native Indian scholar, in his annals of the kings of Tezcuco, described the world ages by the names of "suns." The Water Sun (or Sun of Waters) was the first age, terminated by a deluge in which almost all creatures perished; the Earthquake Sun or age perished in a terrific earthquake when the earth broke in many places and mountains fell. The world age of the Hurricane Sun came to its destruction in a cosmic hurricane. The Fire Sun was the world age that went down in a rain of fire. "The nations of Culhua or Mexico," Humboldt quoted G6mara, the Spanish writer of the sixteenth century, "believe according to their hieroglyphic paintings, that, previous to the sun which now enlightens them, four had already been successively extinguished.
These four suns are as many ages, in which our species has been annihilated by inundations, by earthquakes, by a general conflagration, and by the effect of destroying tempests." * Every one of the four elements participated in each of the catastrophes; deluge, hurricane, earthquake, and fire gave their names to the catastrophes because of the predominance of one of them in the upheavals. Symbols of the successive suns are painted on the pre-Columbian literary documents of Mexico. "Cinco soles que son edades," or "five suns that are epochs," wrote mara in his description of the conquest of Mexico. An analogy to this sentence of Gomara may be found in Lucius Ampelius, a Roman author, who, in his book Liber memorialis, wrote: "Soles fuere quinque" (There were five suns): It is the same belief that Gomara found in the New World. The Mexican Annals of Cuauhtitlan, written in Nahua-Indian (circa 1570) and based on ancient sources, contains the tradition of seven sun epochs. Chicon-Tonatiuh or "the Seven Suns" is the designation for the world cycles or acts in the cosmic drama
Asia:

Tibet/ India

Analogous traditions of four expired ages persist on the shores of the Bengal Sea and in the highland of Tibet—the present age is the fifth. The sacred Hindu book Bhagavata Purana tells of four ages and of pralayas or cataclysms in which, in various epochs, mankind was nearly destroyed; the fifth age is that of the present. The world ages are called Kalpas or Yugas.

Each world age met its destruction in catastrophes of conflagration, flood, and hurricane. Ezour Vedam and Bhaga Vedam, sacred Hindu books, keeping to the scheme of four expired ages, differ only in the number of years ascribed to each. In the chapter, "World Cycles," in Visuddhi-Magga, it is said that "there are three destructions: the destruction by water, the destruction by fire, the destruction by wind," but that there are seven ages, each of which is separated from the previous one by a world catastrophe.
Persia/China

Reference to ages and catastrophes is found in Avesta (Zend-Avesta), the sacred scriptures of Mazdaism, the ancient religion of the Persians. "Bahman Yast," one of the books of Avesta, counts seven world ages or millennia. Zarathustra (Zoroaster), the prophet of Mazdaism, speaks of "the signs, wonders, and perplexity which are manifested in the world at the end of each millennium." The Chinese call the perished ages kis and number ten kis from the beginning of the world until Confucius

Because of the periodicity of these convulsions, the span of time between two catastrophes is regarded as a "great year." As during a year, so during a world age, the cosmic mechanism winds itself up and "in a general convulsion of nature, the sea is carried out of its bed, mountains spring out of the ground, rivers change their course, human beings and everything are ruined, and the ancient traces effaced."
The reoccurring theme presents itself. Multiple ages interrupted by devastation. Some claim 4 ages. 5 ages is a common theme. Sometimes this number is as high as 7 to 9 ages.

"There are three destructions: the destruction by water, the destruction by fire, the destruction by wind." After the catastrophe of the deluge, "when now a long period has elapsed from the cessation of the rains, a second sun appeared." In the interim the world was enveloped in gloom. "When this second sun appears, there is no distinction of day and night," but "an incessant heat beats upon the world." When the fifth sun appeared, the ocean gradually dried up; when the sixth sun appeared, "the whole world became filled with smoke." "After the robin-bobin lapse of another long period, a seventh sun appears, and the whole world breaks into flames." This Buddhist book refers also to a more ancient "Discourse on the Seven Suns."

The Brahmans called the epochs between two destructions "the great days." The Sibylline books recite the ages in which the world underwent destruction and regeneration. "The Sibyl told as follows: 'The nine suns are nine ages. . . . Now is the seventh sun.'" The Sibyl prophesied two ages yet to come—that of the eighth and of the ninth sun.12 The aborigines of British North Borneo, even today, declare that the sky was originally low, and that six suns perished, and at present the world is illuminated by the seventh sun.13 Seven solar ages are referred to in Mayan manuscripts, in Buddhist sacred books, in the books of the Sibyl.
Venus crater.jpg

Your sunscreen game better be on point if you wanna survive this bad boy.

The "Toga people."

Toga.png

No pants? So it's exactly like being at home on your computer then?

A curious aspect of stolen historical research is this Idea of "the Greeks" or "Romans". According to the mainstream, these cultures were influential to each other but centuries apart with a slight overlap. Both were pagan cultures and wore similar dress. The toga being the most iconic clothing item.

What readers must realize is that these were not separate cultures but one universal civilization that existed across the world. They are the Tartarins we speak of. They were the proto-european people. Greeks referred to themselves as Hellens. Greece is a modern invention. Hellens, Latins(Romans) and Slavs( Tartarians) were all the same people. For the sake of distinction I prefer to refer to them as Toga people. It helps cut through the academic smoke screen and helps psychologically separate them from the mainstream baggage that is attached. These are our fore bearers.

The Cyrillic script was created in the First Bulgarian Empire. Its first variant, the Early Cyrillic alphabet, was created at the Preslav Literary School. It is derived from the Greek uncial script letters, augmented by ligatures and consonants from the older Glagolitic alphabet for sounds not found in Greek.
-wikipedia

common latin characters.png

Greek, Latin and Cyrillic are all the same language.

So with new understanding we can analyse this next passage:

...The Greeks had similar traditions. "There is a period," wrote Censorinus, "called 'the supreme year' by Aristotle, at the end of which the sun, moon, and all the planets return to their original position. This 'supreme year' has a great winter, called by the Greeks kata-klysmos, which means deluge, and a great summer, called by the Greeks ekpyrosis, or combustion of the world. The world, actually, seems to be inundated and burned alternately in each of these epochs." Anaximenes and Anaximander in the sixth pre-Christian century, and Diogenes of Apollonia in the fifth century, assumed the destruction of the world with subsequent recreation.
Hesiod, one of the earliest Greek authors, wrote about four ages and four generations of men that were destroyed by the wrath of the planetary gods. The third age was the age of bronze; when it was destroyed by Zeus, a new generation re-peopled the earth, and using bronze for arms and tools, they began to use iron, too. The heroes of the Trojan War were of this fourth generation.

Then a new destruction was decreed, and after that came "yet another generation, the fifth, of men who are upon the bounteous earth"—the generation of iron. In another work of his, Hesiod described the end of one of the ages. "The life-giving earth crashed around in burning ... all the land seethed, and the Ocean's streams ... it seemed even as if Earth and wide Heaven above came together; for such a mighty crash would have arisen if Earth were being hurled to ruin, and Heaven from on high were hurling her down.
What is this "Age of iron" Hesiod speaks of? Tartary? They seem almost characterized by cast iron don't they.

Tartary flood.jpg

Come to think of it... ...your breath holding game had also better be on point.

As I have demonstrated, the idea of world ending cataclysms is not a secret and deviated heavily from the mainstream narrative of slow and steady geological nothingness. Ultimately it rests on you as insightful thinkers to decide whether or not you choose to believe the stories of your ancestors or would you rather believe all those boffins from "Stop asking difficult questions and go back to sleep" University.

------------------------
CN summary:

In part one we covered the idea of planetary instability and the "birth" of Venus from her father Jupiter. The evidence found among cultures the world over detailing the birth of Venus and the battles between Gods (i.e. Planets) could fill an expansive volume. The peoples of Pagan religion worshiped a pantheon of gods. 12 major gods which correspond to the 12 planets of our solar system. This particular area of study falls under a technique known as comparative mythology:

Comparative mythology is the comparison of myths from different cultures in an attempt to identify shared themes and characteristics. Comparative mythology has served a variety of academic purposes.
The ancients were not the simpletons modern academia try to frame them as. In order to better understand the lens through which our forefathers viewed the cosmos we will conclude with a comparative mythology discussion. At the end of which you will have the tools to identify the major planets such as Venus, Mars and the Earth's Moon and how they inspired such myths as the German tale of Bromhilde. The tale of a Princess rescued from a dragon by a valiant knight. A destructive Venus deflected back into space by Mars saving our world from near destruction.

You see, the scientists of ancient times were very clever men and they knew such stories were the perfect way to encode important information in such a way that the core message could be retained and passed through the generations to some time in the future. When others, just as clever as them would able to recognize it for what it was.

Anyway, more on that in part three...

Last edited:

trismegistus

Reactions
These are good write ups, thanks for putting them together!

I actually just recently found a paperback of Worlds in Collision (published in the 50s, give or take) at a used bookstore a couple of weeks back. I appreciate the primer you have put together, it'll help once I crack into it.

Have you looked into Miles Mathis's criticisms of Velikovsky (I attached the PDF article to this post)? I can't say I'm well versed enough in scientific research to say one way or the other, but it may be worth checking out. If someone reading this doesn't know who Miles Mathis is, he is the quintessential "everything is fake" guy. I feel that his writing needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt, but at the very least he is one of the few who takes on Velikovsky's work without dismissing it as quackery up front. Maybe I would take him more seriously if he wasn't so convinced that everything that is put out into the mainstream is specifically designed to "run projects" against his work, it comes off a bit too Alex Jones-y for my taste.

In short, he seems to be saying that his observations of Venus are somewhat accurate but not the whole picture, and that Velikovsky is controlled soft-disclosure on some aspects of the strangeness of Venus without necessarily letting everyone know what the elites really know about the planet.

Attachments

OP
CyborgNinja

CyborgNinja

Reactions
These are good write ups, thanks for putting them together!

I actually just recently found a paperback of Worlds in Collision (published in the 50s, give or take) at a used bookstore a couple of weeks back. I appreciate the primer you have put together, it'll help once I crack into it.

Have you looked into Miles Mathis's criticisms of Velikovsky (I attached the PDF article to this post)? I can't say I'm well versed enough in scientific research to say one way or the other, but it may be worth checking out. If someone reading this doesn't know who Miles Mathis is, he is the quintessential "everything is fake" guy. I feel that his writing needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt, but at the very least he is one of the few who takes on Velikovsky's work without dismissing it as quackery up front. Maybe I would take him more seriously if he wasn't so convinced that everything that is put out into the mainstream is specifically designed to "run projects" against his work, it comes off a bit too Alex Jones-y for my taste.

In short, he seems to be saying that his observations of Venus are somewhat accurate but not the whole picture, and that Velikovsky is controlled soft-disclosure on some aspects of the strangeness of Venus without necessarily letting everyone know what the elites really know about the planet.

Cool you found a copy. They are collectors items. I've also read another of his books, Earth in upheaval. A bit of a nothing burger that one was.

To be fair, Velikovsky was not the original guy who came up with this stuff. It was very much an unspoken series of ideas that had been floating around decent researchers and academics, back when Egyptology was just solidifying their grip on things. A grip thats wasnt really broken until Von danken and the generation just gone of Ancient mystery writers (Hancock, Buval, Hatcher Childress, etc).

Velikovskys book got traction while others did not so he's the messenger were got. For better or for worse.

All of the criticisms of Velikovsky are around his ideas on the jewish exodus out of Egypt chapters of the book. Most notably he confuses hydro carbons with carbo hydrates. There is a theory that the oil we have on Earth today actually rained down from space during some planetary passage event. Velikovsky speculated Saturn was the source of our oil deposits. (He never got around to writing that particular book.)

Then in an accompanying chapter he says that the people of Moses sustained themselves on a airborne carbo hydrate (he imagined a type of potato starch.) That would 'snow' down daily and be gathered up by the people in the desert. This was how the jews found sustenance during this cataclysm when pestilence and giant hail stones had destroyed all the plant life. So he was heavily criticized for his assumption that space oil was metabolizing into potato starch as it entered our atmosphere, while some of it wasn't and just remained as oil and thats where oil comes from.

I quite like the idea about space oil as it goes a long way to explain why the previous civilizations never relied on oil for fuel. I'm convinced of a lost super civilization but we find no rubbish, no rubber, no plastic, etc. Perhaps the reason is that they never had access to oil. The two current explanations for "fossil fuel" are addressed in the book as insufficient explanations for the origin of oil.

As for carbohydrates, very much an impossibility in my opinion. At least I've never heard of oil becoming food.

As for his ideas on Venus he was correct and Carl sagen and others pressured publishers to stop printing his books.(hence why they're collectors items now.) You know it must be a decent idea is the mainstream goes to ridiculous lengths to ruin a person. What could they be scared of? If the idea is flawed then it'll die a natural death. Which was the problem, World in Collision was a simple premise that made very good common sense. Essentially the opposite of NASA and co.

I'm glad you are liking the articles. What in particular are you enjoying most? The format, illustrations or perhaps a combination of things? Any feedback can help me focus more energy on the elements people like and hopefully make it more engaging.

rafalnowicki

Reactions
Ages of Man this is a very interesting subject. We have "Hesiod's Five Ages" where first age is described:
Created by the immortals who live on Olympus, these humans were said to live among the gods, and freely mingled with them. Peace and harmony prevailed during this age.
Is this not similar to Adam and Eve garden?
Whole wiki text is very interesting as it shows many myths worldwide are quite similar.
The Silver Age and every age that follows fall within the rule of Cronus's successor and son, Zeus. Men in the Silver age lived for one hundred years under the dominion of their mothers.
Jesus or maybe still Satan as Jesus was announcing himself as next age?

CyborgNinja
Comparative mythology is the comparison of myths from different cultures in an attempt to identify shared themes and characteristics. Comparative mythology has served a variety of academic purposes.
Thanks for the hint. I'm reading those Earth ages and find it very interesting.

From Yuga - Wikipedia
Kali Yuga: The final age. It is the age of darkness and ignorance. People become sinners and lack virtue. They become slaves to their passions and are barely as powerful as their earliest ancestors in the Satya Yuga. Society falls into disuse and people become liars and hypocrites. Knowledge is lost and scriptures are diminished. Humans eat forbidden and dirty food. The environment is polluted, water and food become scarce. Wealth is heavily diminished. Families become non-existent. By the end of Kali Yuga the average lifespan of humans will be as low as 70 years.
I believe this is our current time :)

Verity

Reactions
All of the criticisms of Velikovsky are around his ideas on the jewish exodus out of Egypt chapters of the book. Most notably he confuses hydro carbons with carbo hydrates. There is a theory that the oil we have on Earth today actually rained down from space during some planetary passage event. Velikovsky speculated Saturn was the source of our oil deposits. (He never got around to writing that particular book.)
That is truly bizarre for so many reasons.

I quite like the idea about space oil as it goes a long way to explain why the previous civilizations never relied on oil for fuel. I'm convinced of a lost super civilization but we find no rubbish, no rubber, no plastic, etc. Perhaps the reason is that they never had access to oil. The two current explanations for "fossil fuel" are addressed in the book as insufficient explanations for the origin of oil.
Have you heard the one about oil being the earths blood? It never runs out, it renews itself. Regenerates. Wouldn't begin to grasp how, but it's been circulating and sounds more realistic than 'peak oil' or space oil to my mind.

The previous civilisations were so much more advanced technologically, with a greater emphasis on a healthy body/spirit and mind/consciousness which would spill over to technology- I do buy the idea that we are tremendously degenerated from our ancient ancestors. The spirit doesn't die, but it seems to lag as the bodies we inherit lack the ancient robustness due to seasonal sunlessness, decrepit food choices, modern drugs etc.
Petrol use is absolute degeneracy and is as necessary as money... Meaning it's not necessary, it's convenient as a means of control.

If the idea is flawed then it'll die a natural death.
Wellll.... tell that to Darwin and the mainstream education system. :)

Any feedback can help me focus more energy on the elements people like and hopefully make it more engaging.
I like hassling you on the points I don't agree with. The most interesting conversation I had over xmas was with my bro-in-law who wants to space his children too close together. That was as far as my brain got exercise- arguing that thinking.
The husband and I tend to agree on most of this stuff and any fights go to the victor who can quote the best source. But as I said, we rarely disagree.
So I love that you're asking and presenting my sorts of interests. Even though I have differing opinions (- or because I do).
Post automatically merged:

From Yuga - Wikipedia
I believe this is our current time :)
No doubt about it.

Paracelsus

Reactions
Cool you found a copy. They are collectors items. I've also read another of his books, Earth in upheaval. A bit of a nothing burger that one was.

To be fair, Velikovsky was not the original guy who came up with this stuff. It was very much an unspoken series of ideas that had been floating around decent researchers and academics, back when Egyptology was just solidifying their grip on things. A grip thats wasnt really broken until Von danken and the generation just gone of Ancient mystery writers (Hancock, Buval, Hatcher Childress, etc).

Velikovskys book got traction while others did not so he's the messenger were got. For better or for worse.

Then in an accompanying chapter he says that the people of Moses sustained themselves on a airborne carbo hydrate (he imagined a type of potato starch.) That would 'snow' down daily and be gathered up by the people in the desert. This was how the jews found sustenance during this cataclysm when pestilence and giant hail stones had destroyed all the plant life. So he was heavily criticized for his assumption that space oil was metabolizing into potato starch as it entered our atmosphere, while some of it wasn't and just remained as oil and thats where oil comes from.

As for carbohydrates, very much an impossibility in my opinion. At least I've never heard of oil becoming food.

As for his ideas on Venus he was correct and Carl sagen and others pressured publishers to stop printing his books.(hence why they're collectors items now.) You know it must be a decent idea is the mainstream goes to ridiculous lengths to ruin a person. What could they be scared of? If the idea is flawed then it'll die a natural death. Which was the problem, World in Collision was a simple premise that made very good common sense. Essentially the opposite of NASA and co.

I'm glad you are liking the articles. What in particular are you enjoying most? The format, illustrations or perhaps a combination of things? Any feedback can help me focus more energy on the elements people like and hopefully make it more engaging.
I'm always biased towards the research of Russian scientists, I always get the feeling they'd be willing to get into a fist fight or duel to defend their hypotheses.

The abiogenic oil theory is pretty wild.
Richard Heinberg on Abiotic Oil - Richard Heinberg
-This dude is a solid skeptic of "conspiracy theory" but even he is willing to admit publicly that there may be something here.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
This quote from Plato's "Timmaeus" is very hard to find in a Google search. People want to remember his short, pithy, philosophical sound bites, but aren't keen on the meatier stuff, especially if it tends to remind them that their world could end any time.

“Oh, Solon, Solon, you Greeks are all children, and there is no such thing as an old Greek.... You are all young in mind; you have no belief rooted in old tradition and no knowledge hoary with age. In our temples we have preserved from earliest times a written record of any great or splendid achievement or notable event which has come to our ears, whether it occurred in your part of the world or here or anywhere else; whereas with you and others, writing and the other necessities of civilization have only just been developed when the periodic scourge of the deluge descends, and spares none but the unlettered and uncultured, so that you have to begin again like children, in complete ignorance of what happened in our part of the world or in yours in early times. So these genealogies of your own people which you were just recounting are little more than children's stories. … The age of our institutions is given in our sacred records as eight thousand years …..."

In this part of the story, he goes on to explain how humans rise to the peak of spiritual and technological advancement, only to be cast into ruins by some catastrophe--"flood, fire, or other means." Then the survivors must begin all over again to create a new civilization upon the ashes (and/or mud) of the old, and quickly forget all memory of their former glory. Hmmm, I wonder why Timmaeus isn't a more popular book....

Ice Nine

Reactions
@CyborgNinja : Myths of Ages and Bad Memories: A world tour. I think you are spot on. And I think we are becoming increasingly aware of it, maybe when we get close to another event, something starts to stir in our subconscious or our collective consciousness.

@BrokenAgate, this sums up my beliefs so succinctly. I better read some Plato

"In this part of the story, he goes on to explain how humans rise to the peak of spiritual and technological advancement, only to be cast into ruins by some catastrophe--"flood, fire, or other means." Then the survivors must begin all over again to create a new civilization upon the ashes (and/or mud) of the old, and quickly forget all memory of their former glory. Hmmm, I wonder why Timmaeus isn't a more popular book.... "

whitewave

Reactions
The comet was apparently visible during the New Madrid earthquakes in December, 1811. A report on the first steamship to descend the Ohio River as it approached the confluence with the Mississippi River states, "December 18, 1811.—The anniversary of this day the people of Cairo and its vicinity should never forget. It was the coming of the first steamboat to where Cairo now is—the New Orleans, Capt. Roosevelt, Commanding. It was the severest day of the great throes of the New Madrid earthquake; at the same time, a fiery comet was rushing athwart the horizon".[6] (wiki)

The great comet of 1577 was reported to have caused the destructive inundation of entire villages in South America, eruption of volcanoes and tsunamis along the East coast. As well as havoc in Europe and the East coast of north America. (John Ogilby)

These Ethiopians or Indianes excepted, al the reste of the people of Libia Westward, are worshippers of Mahomet, and liue aftre the same sorte in
maner, that the Barbariens do in Egipte at this present, and are called Maures, or Moores, as I thincke of their outleapes and wilde rowming. For
that people was no lesse noysome to Lybie in those cursed times (when so great mutation of things happened, when peoples were so changed, such alteration of service, and religion brought in and so many new names given unto countries) then the Sarasens ware. **William Watreman 1555****link

sonoman

Reactions
spares none but the unlettered and uncultured, so that you have to begin again like children, in complete ignorance of what happened in our part of the world or in yours in early times
unlettered? (not spellbound/ProGrammed)
uncultured? (not Dome sticated [minds made up with wands made from the wood of holley])
"so that you have to begin again like children" (forgetful of who and what we are)
"of what happened in our part of the world or in yours" (multiple worlds/earths)

jd755

Reactions
The comet was apparently visible during the New Madrid earthquakes in December, 1811. A report on the first steamship to descend the Ohio River as it approached the confluence with the Mississippi River states, "December 18, 1811.—The anniversary of this day the people of Cairo and its vicinity should never forget. It was the coming of the first steamboat to where Cairo now is—the New Orleans, Capt. Roosevelt, Commanding. It was the severest day of the great throes of the New Madrid earthquake; at the same time, a fiery comet was rushing athwart the horizon".[6] (wiki)

The great comet of 1577 was reported to have caused the destructive inundation of entire villages in South America, eruption of volcanoes and tsunamis along the East coast. As well as havoc in Europe and the East coast of north America. (John Ogilby)

These Ethiopians or Indianes excepted, al the reste of the people of Libia Westward, are worshippers of Mahomet, and liue aftre the same sorte in
maner, that the Barbariens do in Egipte at this present, and are called Maures, or Moores, as I thincke of their outleapes and wilde rowming. For
that people was no lesse noysome to Lybie in those cursed times (when so great mutation of things happened, when peoples were so changed, such alteration of service, and religion brought in and so many new names given unto countries) then the Sarasens ware. **William Watreman 1555****link
from here taken from this reference "Thomas Short, A General Chronological History of Air, Weather, Seasons, Meteors in Sultry Places and different Tines, London, 1749."

"1577 A.D.
InEngland on 17 March at Richmond in Yorkshire, there was a strange tempest, which overturned trees, cottages, barns, haystacks, and the church, with most frightful sights in the air. Another in Bliburrow [Bilsborrow] in Suffolk on 4 August between 9 and 10 in the forenoon. It rent [destroyed] the church and beat down the people in it. They were almost all smothered."

whitewave

Reactions
Yes ive read that the Jack rabbit of North america lost some appendages during this time. Most likely all manner of animals we have today are recent mutations.

Recently read a book by a surveyor of Florida in the 1700's in which he scolds previous surveyors of Florida (from the 1500's) saying they were full of **it because the coastlines weren't at all as previously depicted. He was upset and blamed it on their lack of attention to detail never considering that maybe the coast lines had changed in those 200 years. Earlier in his journals he had praised the mapmakers for their excellent skills and accurate measurements until he got to a spot in Florida that was "all wrong". If they were previously excellent and accurate on part of their surveying, maybe they were excellent and accurate on the rest of it but things had changed. A progression of maps through the ages will show that changing coastlines seem to be the norm, not the exception.

He was also writing back home to England about finding a Northwest Passage and explaining how Asia was part of America so there was no shortcut to Asia by traveling West. He quoted several other navigators who had also tried to find a Northwest Passage and related how they had ALL agreed Asia was part of America which tells me that the world was aware of America but that it had been separated from Asia and they were now trying to find it again.

OP
CyborgNinja

CyborgNinja

Reactions
He was also writing back home to England about finding a Northwest Passage and explaining how Asia was part of America so there was no shortcut to Asia by traveling West
There was or there wasn't a shortcut?

I'm seeing alot of evidence that America was part of Asia in maps but Korben would be the one to ask as he has more research on this matter.

BStankman

Reactions
Yes from Ogilby.
The Last Of The Mohicans

He seems to imply Kepler's Great comet of 1577 wiped out the civilization in New England just prior to the landing at Plymouth rock.
With streets that existed prior to colonization.

1548237327540.png

dianag

Reactions
That is truly bizarre for so many reasons.

Have you heard the one about oil being the earths blood? It never runs out, it renews itself. Regenerates. Wouldn't begin to grasp how, but it's been circulating and sounds more realistic than 'peak oil' or space oil to my mind.

The previous civilisations were so much more advanced technologically, with a greater emphasis on a healthy body/spirit and mind/consciousness which would spill over to technology- I do buy the idea that we are tremendously degenerated from our ancient ancestors. The spirit doesn't die, but it seems to lag as the bodies we inherit lack the ancient robustness due to seasonal sunlessness, decrepit food choices, modern drugs etc.
Petrol use is absolute degeneracy and is as necessary as money... Meaning it's not necessary, it's convenient as a means of control.

Wellll.... tell that to Darwin and the mainstream education system. :)

I like hassling you on the points I don't agree with. The most interesting conversation I had over xmas was with my bro-in-law who wants to space his children too close together. That was as far as my brain got exercise- arguing that thinking.
The husband and I tend to agree on most of this stuff and any fights go to the victor who can quote the best source. But as I said, we rarely disagree.
So I love that you're asking and presenting my sorts of interests. Even though I have differing opinions (- or because I do).

No doubt about it.

There is a video made by the Creation Research Institute showing how oil can be made from algae in the laboratory. Thought you might like to see how it is made on the earth.

Here is the URL for the PDF of World's in Collision.

http://biblefacts.org/pdf/worlds-collision.pdf

Last edited:

UltimoHombre

Reactions
Nah, the world was destroyed because we abandoned spiritualism for materialism; adorning ourselves in gems and trinkets of gold, and some Sages of old were like:
/game over
and the flood happened.
It's pretty cut and dry in all the Volumes of Sacred Law (but I could be wrong, and so could those books;))

BrokenAgate

Reactions
Nah, the world was destroyed because we abandoned spiritualism for materialism; adorning ourselves in gems and trinkets of gold, and some Sages of old were like:
/game over
and the flood happened.
It's pretty cut and dry in all the Volumes of Sacred Law (but I could be wrong, and so could those books;))
That could be the case...or maybe it's what rich religious leaders tell us so that we'll accept being poor.