What are minarets really for?

BrokenAgate

Reactions
I got a book from the library called "Islamic Architecture," by Robert Hillenbrand. I've skimmed through it, and became immediately interested in the minarets. These are very tall towers, most often with a dome or spire and a metal device at the very top. (These devices, of course, are now relegated to religious symbolism.) We know what the minaret is used for in modern times: the muezzin stands on a balcony at the top and calls the faithful to their prayers five times a day. It may have had a different purpose, once upon a time.

Minarets are called manāra in Arabic, which comes from a word meaning fire, beacon, or light. This already gives us a clue to the purpose these towers once served: to collect and produce energy, perhaps emitting light from the top, or powering houses and buildings in the town around it. Minarets may have been copies of steeples or ziggurats, according to the standard history, and began appearing all over the Islamic world starting in the 9th Century AD. There are no images of the construction of any of these towers, as far as I know. There may be a few paintings in obscure books, or perhaps such artworks simply didn't survive the era of library and city burnings that seem to plague humanity from time to time. At any rate, we don't really know how these beautiful structures were built, using only the technology that was available in the 800s to 900s AD....if, in fact, that is when they were built.

The second-tallest brick minaret is called the Minaret of Jam. It was constructed 820 years ago, and now leans slightly due to a crumbling foundation, illegal excavations, and recent floods, and it's really a wonder that it's still standing at all. I am interested in the fact that this thing was constructed seemingly in the middle of nowhere, in a very mountainous, rugged, Taliban-run region of Afghanistan. If you look on a map, you'll see that it's rather difficult to access this tower. There are mountains all around and a river nearby. This seems like an odd location from which to call the faithful to prayer, although it does seem to have been used for that purpose at one point. I wonder if this remote tower originally provided energy to nearby towns and villages in a time when free energy was available to all, and a mountain location may have been ideal for gathering atmospheric energy. Look at the beautiful carvings on the tower! And we've seen these designs elsewhere, all over the place in the ancient world. The circles seem to have sound wave patterns on them, and there are DNA-like interlocking loops.

minaret of jam.jpg minaret of jam designs.jpg

Minarets were built in many styles, some of them amazingly tall and elegant, and some were built in pairs. Some of the most famous minarets are at the four corners of the Taj Majal...and if you have come this far in your mud flood investigations, then the waterway leading to a building with towers, domes and metal gadgets should look familiar by now. I no longer wonder what purpose this structure served originally: it collected and transmitted energy, and may also have had other purposes, as well, such as the worship that is still offered today.

minaret drawings.jpg taj majal.jpg

What does a minaret look like inside? While some have stairways on the outside, others have them tightly curling around the inside, often around a central shaft. I tried to learn if there were ever any metal parts inside, connecting to the devices at the top, but I wasn't able to find information on this. Some of them have modern electrical cords leading up the tower to lights in the top.
gaddafi-national-mosque.jpg stairs-inside-the-minaret-of-bab-zuweila.jpg

I believe that minarets were power-collecting devices, as were the steeples on churches (which also have a metal cross on top and are sometimes plated with metal sheets), the onion domes on Russian mosques, and many other structures that we take for granted as just part of the skyline. If anyone has any other information about minarets, feel free to add it here. Since I don't have Internet service at home, I can't do proper research as I'd like to. :(

tupperaware

Reactions
I got a book from the library called "Islamic Architecture," by Robert Hillenbrand. I've skimmed through it, and became immediately interested in the minarets. These are very tall towers, most often with a dome or spire and a metal device at the very top. (These devices, of course, are now relegated to religious symbolism.) We know what the minaret is used for in modern times: the muezzin stands on a balcony at the top and calls the faithful to their prayers five times a day. It may have had a different purpose, once upon a time.

Minarets are called manāra in Arabic, which comes from a word meaning fire, beacon, or light. This already gives us a clue to the purpose these towers once served: to collect and produce energy, perhaps emitting light from the top, or powering houses and buildings in the town around it. Minarets may have been copies of steeples or ziggurats, according to the standard history, and began appearing all over the Islamic world starting in the 9th Century AD. There are no images of the construction of any of these towers, as far as I know. There may be a few paintings in obscure books, or perhaps such artworks simply didn't survive the era of library and city burnings that seem to plague humanity from time to time. At any rate, we don't really know how these beautiful structures were built, using only the technology that was available in the 800s to 900s AD....if, in fact, that is when they were built.

The second-tallest brick minaret is called the Minaret of Jam. It was constructed 820 years ago, and now leans slightly due to a crumbling foundation, illegal excavations, and recent floods, and it's really a wonder that it's still standing at all. I am interested in the fact that this thing was constructed seemingly in the middle of nowhere, in a very mountainous, rugged, Taliban-run region of Afghanistan. If you look on a map, you'll see that it's rather difficult to access this tower. There are mountains all around and a river nearby. This seems like an odd location from which to call the faithful to prayer, although it does seem to have been used for that purpose at one point. I wonder if this remote tower originally provided energy to nearby towns and villages in a time when free energy was available to all, and a mountain location may have been ideal for gathering atmospheric energy. Look at the beautiful carvings on the tower! And we've seen these designs elsewhere, all over the place in the ancient world. The circles seem to have sound wave patterns on them, and there are DNA-like interlocking loops.

View attachment 14425 View attachment 14424

Minarets were built in many styles, some of them amazingly tall and elegant, and some were built in pairs. Some of the most famous minarets are at the four corners of the Taj Majal...and if you have come this far in your mud flood investigations, then the waterway leading to a building with towers, domes and metal gadgets should look familiar by now. I no longer wonder what purpose this structure served originally: it collected and transmitted energy, and may also have had other purposes, as well, such as the worship that is still offered today.

View attachment 14426 View attachment 14427

What does a minaret look like inside? While some have stairways on the outside, others have them tightly curling around the inside, often around a central shaft. I tried to learn if there were ever any metal parts inside, connecting to the devices at the top, but I wasn't able to find information on this. Some of them have modern electrical cords leading up the tower to lights in the top.
View attachment 14428 View attachment 14429

I believe that minarets were power-collecting devices, as were the steeples on churches (which also have a metal cross on top and are sometimes plated with metal sheets), the onion domes on Russian mosques, and many other structures that we take for granted as just part of the skyline. If anyone has any other information about minarets, feel free to add it here. Since I don't have Internet service at home, I can't do proper research as I'd like to. :(

Maybe a few hundred years ago there was much more electrical potential in Earth's atmosphere allowing "mining" of that potential. All that is required for that would be a sustained increase in solar wind or some other electrical input either from the Earth itself or from some other source

That potential has for some reason disappeared for the time being.

dreamtime

Reactions
Most likely explanation for me is harvesting of electro-magnetical energy in a setting of a different kind of more loaded atmosphere, allowing for the use of electro-magnetical charges to allow healing and nourishment of the body. This kind of energy was potentiated with the sacred geometric architecture, creating a very special setting.

This would offer an explanation as to the religious ritual of the entire community gathering in those buildings. It was an energy-bathing ritual to protect against the negative forces, against aging, etc..

When the atmosphere changed abruptly during a cataclysm, no one really knew anymore what the churches and other buildings like those minerats where about, and cults formed around it. They still gathered weekly or daily, but after a couple of decades most had forgotten the original purpose. That event was probably only 400-600 or so years ago.

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions

mrakson

Reactions
Adapting an older building for a new use. What is the original purpose, maybe we'll never know?!

The same thing is with Taj Mahal and "minarets" - but that's another story for another time.

Please check this video.

Last edited:

Verity

Reactions
Maybe a few hundred years ago there was much more electrical potential in Earth's atmosphere allowing "mining" of that potential. All that is required for that would be a sustained increase in solar wind or some other electrical input either from the Earth itself or from some other source

That potential has for some reason disappeared for the time being.
Do you think it has physically disappeared/been reduced, or do you think the information leading to its use has been obfuscated due to say.. petrol/pharmaceutical interests or metered electricity for example?

Most likely explanation for me is harvesting of electro-magnetical energy in a setting of a different kind of more loaded atmosphere, allowing for the use of electro-magnetical charges to allow healing and nourishment of the body.
In the last day or two this came up in a completely unrelated place online. A girl said she used the frequencies available on youtube (of all places) to calm her system at the end of the day.
I tried one and to my greatest surprise, I immediately felt the slight frown of cynicism disappear on my forehead with the hum, and my shoulders dropped about an inch. Too weird at this point for me though. Youtube is not a minaret-topped palace. Rife frequencies they were called.

tupperaware

Reactions
Do you think it has physically disappeared/been reduced, or do you think the information leading to its use has been obfuscated due to say.. petrol/pharmaceutical interests or metered electricity for example?

In the last day or two this came up in a completely unrelated place online. A girl said she used the frequencies available on youtube (of all places) to calm her system at the end of the day.
I tried one and to my greatest surprise, I immediately felt the slight frown of cynicism disappear on my forehead with the hum, and my shoulders dropped about an inch. Too weird at this point for me though. Youtube is not a minaret-topped palace. Rife frequencies they were called.

I think there was at least enough extra electrical charge or charge storms in the air back in the day to create what is known as St. Elmo's Fire especially if devices were especially configured like swords and and roof top ornaments. I think all that energy is 99.99% gone today.

Verity

Reactions
I think there was at least enough extra electrical charge or charge storms in the air back in the day to create what is known as St. Elmo's Fire especially if devices were especially configured like swords and and roof top ornaments. I think all that energy is 99.99% gone today.
Sorry this might get confusing- I wrote/posted this in the wrong place and now I'm not sure it makes sense. I think this is the right place..

I was going through some responses and the last thread I visited was about St. Elmo's fire, ball lightning, and the existence of atmospheric electricity which appears to have dropped right off to the point where minarets and other buildings spikes/peaks can no longer generate/maintain power from the ether.
I then started reading through the Heinberg Heinberg linked here again. [I think I first posted this on the Cataclysm thread..? @Paracelsus ]. Richard Heinberg on Abiotic Oil - Richard Heinberg (which I trawled through to the end- not my style of information- but I do agree that oil's not based on decomposed plant/animal life so all ends well).
His comment; "There is indeed evidence for deep methane on Earth: it vents from the mid-oceanic ridges, presumably arising from the mantle," nudges the idea that St. Elmo's fire was often seen on ships at sea.

It made me wonder if the harvesting of oil -having been continuously mined, 'gas-flared' (burned at the source to prevent explosions) and industrially manipulated for the last 150 years or so- removes nascent gases like methane from the air/atmosphere too, and how big a part this gas played in the maintenance of the minaret technology. I'm not a great proponent of AGW anymore but our actions undoubtedly must have *some* effect and a quick google search suggests 135billion cubic tonnes has been hauled up since oil drilling began in 1850. That's the official amount, could be well more or less.

The St. Elmo's Fire witnesses reported a sulphuric smell, most often linked to methane. There seem to be many more reports from the olden days quoted, though it may be popular today and we just don't hear of it. Who knows.
But it would be interesting (though no idea how likely) if oil that gets pumped out of the earth and burned off contributes to the lack of methane which in turn causes the lack of etheric stability for use of such as minarets/steeples etc..
It would also be interesting if the use of petrol-based tech. was deliberately developed in order to "stabilise" the atmosphere by reducing the amount of methane within it. Might be a bit whacky as an idea I guess. I may be way off the mark, just pondering aloud.

As an aside, I take a supplement called 'MSM' or Methylsulfonylmethane. (Hugely beneficial in many ways fwiw.)
It is a therapeutic sulphuric compound- the very soil is deficient in sulphur, vital to good health- which makes uptake by plants even more of a challenge even if we were eating enough of them in the first place.

Verity

Reactions
got a source for that? pretty sure pure methane doesn't really have a smell
My mistake- referring to the sulphuric smell witnesses reported.
Hydrogen sulphide, sulphur dioxide and methane from volcanic activity- being flammable gases- would kick off a stink altogether though.
I'm suggesting flammability from gases released from an underground volcano aren't completely impossible as catalysts behind St. Elmo's Fire/s on ships at sea.
Must be time for bed.

tupperaware

Reactions
My mistake- referring to the sulphuric smell witnesses reported.
Hydrogen sulphide, sulphur dioxide and methane from volcanic activity- being flammable gases- would kick off a stink altogether though.
I'm suggesting flammability from gases released from an underground volcano aren't completely impossible as catalysts behind St. Elmo's Fire/s on ships at sea.
Must be time for bed.
Here is a great science paper on the "verified" Will-o’-the-Wisp phenomenon - verified with early collections of accounts and then analysis by scientists so that today's scientists definitely take note and provide this kind of further analysis. This is like fringe science with an unbroken chain of scientific interest for hundreds of years. The same thing will happen with UFO accounts I am sure - 100 years from now.

Will-o’-the-Wisp: an ancient mystery with extremophile origins?

"More recently, Mills [17] has tried to revive interest in the will-o’-the-wisp topic with an appeal for modern scientific analysis to be applied to the study of the phenomenon. He has undertaken an elegant analysis of the observed sightings and has tried to correlate these with known natural chemical phenomena such as the self-ignition of impure phosphines and methylated phosphines, perhaps arising from a source of bacterially decomposing protein buried in a wet depositional environment."

It appears that a bacteria or other life form in swampy areas died out around the time the last of the real accounts of Will-o’-the-Wisps maybe around 150 years ago. This is very good evidence that life producing spectacular effects has been dying maybe due to mankind's technological progress. Since there probably have not been too many lifeforms producing amazing lighting effects this does not happen too often. This also shows that the more spectacular the effect the better the documentation of it, forcing "Science" to take note and analyze it.

Maybe these bacteria producing impure inflammable phosphines were actually cultivated in ancient times so that will-o’-the-wisp lighting was used all the time in underground environments, if only to keep soot off the walls and ceilings.

What other microorganisms have (and will) come and gone producing consistently important or briefly spectacular effects? Something producing spectacular effects would be when a grain store rots a bit and produces small amounts of LSD and then the local village gets together for a tarantella or two.

Huge amounts of viruses float around in the atmosphere and the village bacterial/virus biome would be much different hundreds of years ago than now.

Maybe there was some kind of occasional confluence of bacteria and viruses that would produce a local huge increase in charge density and separation resulting in amazing lighting effects with metal objects.

Viruses, lots of them, are falling from the sky: An astonishing number of viruses are circulating around the Earth's atmosphere, and falling from it
The Feynman Lectures on Physics Vol. II Ch. 9: Electricity in the Atmosphere