USA: 1850-1915 Expositions, Exhibitions, Centennials, Jubilees, etc

trismegistus

Reactions
I don't think you understood my point (or maybe I'm not understanding your response.) My point was, of course there were doctors, seamstresses, janitors and a myriad of other jobs--I believe all these jobs existed (and certainly always did throughout history in one form or another.) My point was all these people needed in a city to work and build an expo (or just for normal non-expo life) means these people weren't available to travel to other expos, must less work on other expos. I say that based on the known population of the time (although I suppose that could be a lie.) There just weren't enough people to do expo buildings, repeatedly around the country. If one in 3 Americans was visiting the expos, then there wouldn't be enough people left behind to do all the work.
You're right, I misunderstood your point. I think the whole fair attendance thing is like what someone else brought up earlier in the thread - - attendance is counted not per person but per visit. Someone staying for a week might have been counted 10-12 times which could drastically overinflate the numbers. Frankly, it seems improbable that we will ever get the "correct" number of attendees anyway. You are right though, if we take the population numbers and fair attendees at face value then it seems impossible to have been able to run these fairs and a functioning city simultaneously.

• R&D is missing. There is a whole bunch of areas where R&D are completely MIA.
    • 1854 VPP is an example here. Where was the R&D in going from sails to this hefty contraption? This device involves way more than just rotating blades. For fun, see if you can locate an official source of who invented this type of a screw.
      • And there are thousands of such examples where we have no R&D in sight. It's like tons of people were Tesla smart.
  • We, as a society, are not proud of these achievements. They are not being taught at school. Why? The reason most of us did not know about these things is because our education programs compilers choose not to include them in the curriculum. Sure they are not hidden, but to come across you need to look for specific things. How can you look for stuff if you do not know that it even exists.
    • Is it because TPTB, for whatever reason, does not want to attract public attention to certain things from the past?
Totally agree that this level of technology seems like an anachronism in those times, considering what modern education will have us believe life was like. It's like history books only focused on the "wild west" side of the country (which likely did exist to an extent) but completely ignore the splendor of the major cities.

Putting aside the possibility of hidden cataclysms and wars against hidden civilizations in the 1800s for a moment, perhaps the reason this technology is hidden in plain sight is simply because of corporate greed. The Oil Oligarchs and those that financed their rise knew that steam and electric powered anything would be a direct threat to their oil-based economy they were building. It seems like they were willing to scrap major developments in urban development, transportation, education, and energy just to get there. It goes without saying these people were pure unadulterated psychopaths and this type of destruction would not cause them to lose any sleep.

They were covering up, and at the same time, taking credit in a sense, for the glorious architecture from the prior civilization. I think that the extent they went to create this perception in people was why they 'wasted' money and resources. However, I guess, to them, it wasn't wasted because the created narrative worked and really hasn't been questioned until now. This theft of history and theft of 'intellectual property' is THE most important aspect of this whole thing. If people back in the early 1900's started questioning history and what happened, our current situation would be much different. This 'grand cover-up' is SO totally important that they are willing to do anything, spend anything, 'dissappear' anybody. And what makes this ever so evil in my book is that this cover-up has been generational.
I think that this may be the closest to where I am at with the expos, as well. Credit to @jd755 for finding this document regarding Beaux Arts. Here is a description of the art style straight from the horse's mouth.

The purpose of American Beaux-Arts capitols, as noted by George B. Post, New York architect of the Wisconsin capitol, was to visually communicate the power of the government through an artistic and technological language that could educate the public and be understood as good taste in the present and in the future:It is the proud boast of the architect that his work forms the most positive and enduring evidence of civilization....In all countries and times, the Government has been the great builder. Is the American architect so far behind the world in professional skill that our public buildings must of necessity be bad in design, vulgar in detail and extravagant in construction?
It's not as if this man would openly add that "oh yeah also we were covering up a massive hole in history through mind control and taking credit for many buildings we did not actually construct" but I thought that is some helpful insight into the people we are talking about who (allegedly) designed all this stuff.

Schism

Reactions
May be these are some fast growing trees, for if these trees below are the same ones we see in the construction photograph, they had to be just that.
Given horticulture is one of my primary trades, I would tell you that I find it highly unlikely that those trees grew super fast in that climate, and/or geographical location.

It's hard to tell if the trees are coniferous, or deciduous, although they come off as coniferous to me. Coniferous trees are typically slow growing, especially in that imperticular climate, and/or geographical location.

Even today, one would be hard pressed to find a hardy hybrid deciduous tree that would be capable of fast growth (in the southeastern US), such as a sycamore tree.

If this pan am event was as the official narrative suggests, I'd guess the trees were pre-existing, like next to a pre-existing structure that was torn down, or moved there after the construction was complete like we do these days.

studytruth

Reactions
Hey Jd,
I can give you a basic overview of what my contractor friend showed me. I showed him the entire Chicago exposition, all the buildings, all the state adn country buildings, the entire midway, the lagoons what not.
When I said 2 years he said "no way not possible. For something like this you are going to need 2 years just to plan it. There is a lot to consider here, say you have a workforce of 50 or 100,000, who is feeding them, who is setting up toilets. then you have the supplies, where are they coming from where are you putting and storing them. That is 2 years right there. Then you start the landscaping part, to do all the canals and rivers and lay out the soil and what not. That's 2 years...with a massive 50,000 workforce. Ok then you start the buildings. Even if these are what they say, simple wood and plaster, man you need time. Going to say 5 years as a bare minimum because of the fine level of the ornamentation. You add stone work to this put it to 10 or 15 years. Again that is with modern machines, modern everything...shortest time frame is 9 years, his best guess would 12-15 years especially if there is any stone. Again with modern machines and at least 30,000 workforce."
Again he said whoever says this was done in 2 years has no idea what they are talking about...which makes this whole thing very very strange. And then they just go and demolish it. And where did they put it all? Think of the size of the landfill you need for all the buildings of this expo. Something is just not right with it all...

So that is what he said about Chicago...

SuperTrouper

Reactions
Putting aside the possibility of hidden cataclysms and wars against hidden civilizations in the 1800s for a moment, perhaps the reason this technology is hidden in plain sight is simply because of corporate greed. The Oil Oligarchs and those that financed their rise knew that steam and electric powered anything would be a direct threat to their oil-based economy they were building. It seems like they were willing to scrap major developments in urban development, transportation, education, and energy just to get there. It goes without saying these people were pure unadulterated psychopaths and this type of destruction would not cause them to lose any sleep.
I think that this is definitely a factor in all of this and it's crossed my mind too. I mean even today, more than a century later, we still rely on oil, natural gas and coal for 85% of our primary energy use, with oil unrivalled in the transportation sector. The global economy and the world order is entirely built upon petroleum. This is despite the fact that viable alternatives (e.g. electric cars) existed in the 19th century. The second half of the 19th century, and particularly since the 1870s, was the time when oil was rapidly being developed across the world. The Seven Sisters and their predecessors were at the turn of the century, and pretty much all the way until the nationalisations in the 1970s, in total domination of the global energy market. There is not much hidden about this with heaps of books and articles widely available.

WildFire2000

Reactions
My mistake on misunderstanding your point there, KD. I agree with your questions, I just thought your earlier remark about the timing was that the photos are misrepresented, given the possible time differences present in other photos.

I agree, also, with the tech we're told existed compared to what the expos tried to convey. There is a HUGE discrepancy, and these threads still have major holes. If at all possible I'd appreciate some answers to my questions posed in my previous comment. I think that might help a little.

anotherlayer

Reactions
@anotherlayer
Since you looked at the 1000's of pictures and all,
Hey, woah. I certainly never said I looked at 1000s of photos, don't be weird. I'm on your team.

did you see a full set of exhibits like the Moon flight there?
Yes. Each exhibit is cataloged and every photo includes a paragraph or two of explanation.

Do they have construction and demolishion photos that, when cross-referenced with one another, display without a shadow of a doubt that they are a build-up and a removal in a believable sequence of photos?
The (3) photograph boxes available at the Buffalo Historical Society were labeled as such: #1 Construction, #2 Exposition, #3 Deconstruction. They are absolutely spot on. It starts with the first photos of the Rumsey farmland and includes the PR photos for the newspapers (first shovel in, etc). Then it rolls into pictures of workers, horses, stock piles of lumber and machinery. The expo box was mostly professionally shot photos (the fancy ones that get passed around the most). This box #2 includes each exhibition. Most of these can be readily found on the web already. It would seem that no one has ever been interested in construction and deconstruction. And lastly, box #3 shows all of the blood and gore you would expect from demolition.

Do any of the clothing styles displayed in any of the pictures stand out as odd for their time listed as their supposed date?
Not at all. You don't see many bowler hats, if that's what we're looking for. The ladies are wearing the same outfits we see on the 1901 laudanum bottles ;)

Do those before/after pictures of the Expo grounds seem to hold up to cross-examination to one another for weather, time of year, terrain, etc.
Yes, another good question. If you look through the construction photos, you will see many winter scenes. What I would also like to point out is, it is what we find the background of these construction photos that help build the picture. There are a few photographs that really cement the idea that the buildings and houses that were around the Rumsey farmland are recognizable and discernible and are dated to be in place, as such. For a small example, I had posted a picture on the original 1901 Pan Am thread that shows the Buffalo Insane Asylum in the background during the construction phase. Sure, maybe the insane asylum was built whoknowswhen, but it was there. In the right spot, within the right scenario in the foreground to match the time frame up.

That's what he's getting at, and those are the questions we have. We aren't in Buffalo, we aren't there to look at the photos. You linked quite a few, but you merely posted the photos and told us "I live here, I looked, it's all good, NEXT!" without giving us any context on those above questions.
Yeesh, that's all I merely did? Ouch!

Also, he's linked the picture where it appears vegetation is growing inside the scaffolding while the buildings are being constructed. ..... Did you come across any of those? Did you see the picture he linked in person? Is it vegetation? What is it?
Yes, I was the one who originally posted the photo way back when, lol. And it's landscaping for crying out loud. If you don't believe it is landscaping, can you elaborate on what you think it represents?

We need something more concrete than what you're giving, especially when you verify it with how it's a major point of pride for Buffalonians. That could possibly point to indoctrination/narrative reinforcement, and I'm not saying that is what is happening with you, but from an outsider perspective, I'd hope you can understand where the question aimed at you and the Pan Am expo are coming from.
Ouch!

There is a HUGE discrepancy, and these threads still have major holes.
Please draw out what the discrepancies are and where are the major holes in this? Lay out concrete evidence yourself of why you think this Pan Am is nothing but a lie. This is the only way this discussion progresses. Instead of picking apart the evidence that shows it was not a lie, post evidence it was. Don't be merely about it either. Make it HUGE. And make sure it includes how the President of the United States was not actually shot in 1901, in Buffalo, at an Exposition ;)

Last edited:

Recognition

Reactions
Hey, woah. I certainly never said I looked at 1000s of photos, don't be weird. I'm on your team.

Yes. Each exhibit is cataloged and every photo includes a paragraph or two of explanation.

The (3) photograph boxes available at the Buffalo Historical Society were labeled as such: #1 Construction, #2 Exposition, #3 Deconstruction. They are absolutely spot on. It starts with the first photos of the Rumsey farmland and includes the PR photos for the newspapers (first shovel in, etc). Then it rolls into pictures of workers, horses, stock piles of lumber and machinery. The expo box was mostly professionally shot photos (the fancy ones that get passed around the most). This box #2 includes each exhibition. Most of these can be readily found on the web already. It would seem that no one has ever been interested in construction and deconstruction. And lastly, box #3 shows all of the blood and gore you would expect from demolition.

Not at all. You don't see many bowler hats, if that's what we're looking for. The ladies are wearing the same outfits we see on the 1901 laudanum bottles ;)

Yes, another good question. If you look through the construction photos, you will see many winter scenes. What I would also like to point out is, it is what we find the background of these construction photos that help build the picture. There are a few photographs that really cement the idea that the buildings and houses that were around the Rumsey farmland are recognizable and discernible and are dated to be in place, as such. For a small example, I had posted a picture on the original 1901 Pan Am thread that shows the Buffalo Insane Asylum in the background during the construction phase. Sure, maybe the insane asylum was built whoknowswhen, but it was there. In the right spot, within the right scenario in the foreground to match the time frame up.

Yeesh, that's all I merely did? Ouch!

Yes, I was the one who originally posted the photo way back when, lol. And it's landscaping for crying out loud. If you don't believe it is landscaping, can you elaborate on what you think it represents?

Ouch!

Please draw out what the discrepancies are and where are the major holes in this? Lay out concrete evidence yourself of why you think this Pan Am is nothing but a lie. This is the only way this discussion progresses. Instead of picking apart the evidence that shows it was not a lie, post evidence it was. Don't be merely about it either. Make it HUGE. And make sure it includes how the President of the United States was not actually shot in 1901, in Buffalo, at an Exposition ;)

"For a small example, I had posted a picture on the original 1901 Pan Am thread that shows the Buffalo Insane Asylum in the background during the construction phase. Sure, maybe the insane asylum was built whoknowswhen, but it was there. In the right spot, within the right scenario in the foreground to match the time frame up."

Ima look and see if i can find this pic on your thread so we can discuss:) (we disagree on pan am but we are all friends here):) maybe the proximity of a greco romano building, made of stone, could factor in this discussion!:) let you know if i can't find it, haha

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Reactions
"For a small example, I had posted a picture on the original 1901 Pan Am thread that shows the Buffalo Insane Asylum in the background during the construction phase. Sure, maybe the insane asylum was built whoknowswhen, but it was there. In the right spot, within the right scenario in the foreground to match the time frame up."

Ima look and see if i can find this pic on your thread so we can discuss:) (we disagree on pan am but we are all friends here):) maybe the proximity of a greco romano building, made of stone, could factor in this discussion!:) let you know if i can't find it, haha
Here's the photo @anotherlayer posted with the Buffalo Insane Asylum in the background, then and now.
pan_rich_towers.jpgRichardson-Olmsted-Complex-Buffalo-NY-2017-1.jpg

WildFire2000

Reactions
@anotherlayer The discrepancies I was referring to were with the overall issues with the Expo, not your work. I appreciate you breaking down the questions into answers to fill in the holes. I wasn't trying to say "I don't believe you!' specifically, I was just trying to get the more concrete answers out about the different pictures that you didn't link a lot of. Yes, there was more content to your post that 'It's fine, stop looking', but boiled down is what I was getting from you, sorry for misinterpreting.

I appreciate you giving more information and explaining things, as far as the other holes (again, not YOURS, more things posed by KD in his last major post in this thread), those are questions that don't have answers, and all of the expos have them it seems.

One final question about the Construction and Destruction photos, How many of them had the editing issues we see in Civil War photos with the weird animation looks to them or the sky being obscured by something, etc?

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Do we have any outside positioned (any 1850-1915 expo) statues remaining for examination?

AnthroposRex

Reactions
It’s more complicated then that. I posted a video in the 1904 thread, which clearly suggests that we do not really know what time photographs we are looking at. In that video even experts thought they were looking at 1904 when in reality it was like 1921. They were only able to figure it out based on the age of certain individuals. From this perspective we assume that the future expo territory is empty in 1904, when we see groundbreaking photos, when in reality it could have been 1921 recreation.

Watch those 5 minutes of the video.
This screen right here jumped out at me.

Screenshot_20190712-152331.png

Illumination by wireless telegraph. Hmm.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Do we have a picture of this wireless telegraph tower? It says “from” on the screenshot. I know there were some impressive flood lights installed on the Electric Tower, but I do not recall any dedicated telegraph towers. Chances are the telegraph was installed inside the Electric Tower.

electric_tower_Buffalo_1901.jpg

Was searching for the telegraph tower and ran into this construction image of the Electric Tower.
  • The Electric Tower was only temporary and demolished shortly after the fair ended.
Pan-Am-Electric-Tower-construction.jpg

There is some interesting (non expo related) info in there too:

Recognition

Reactions
Whelp the insane asylum wasn't as interesting to me as the Buffalo Historical Society was to me! As anotherlayer says in his Pan Am thread, this building was reportedly built for the expo, and is made of marble, stone, etc. and is still standing. Here are a couple google earth shots of the front. Is that mud on the bottom i see? I def don't believe that this jist happened to be the only one built to last. Like my earlier post about the san francisco expo's palace of fine arts, this reminds me of chicago's expo's museum of science and industry. In each case there just happens to be a huge gorgeous stone structure that is left over or 'reinforced' or 'rebuilt'. 😂

IMG_6062.JPGIMG_6060.JPG
IMG_6061.JPGIMG_6061.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

trismegistus

Reactions
Whelp the insane asylum wasn't as interesting to me as the Buffalo Historical Society was to me! As anotherlayer says in his Pan Am thread, this building was reportedly built for the expo, and is made of marble, stone, etc. and is still standing. Here are a couple google earth shots of the front.

I've visited the building when I was young, it was pretty neat. The architect responsible is spooky (like the rest of them), and there is very little info as to why they decided to build this to last compared to the rest. This building is probably the biggest question mark about the whole thing, for me (besides the president that died during the expo, of course)

Recognition

Reactions
This
I've visited the building when I was young, it was pretty neat. The architect responsible is spooky (like the rest of them), and there is very little info as to why they decided to build this to last compared to the rest. This building is probably the biggest question mark about the whole thing, for me (besides the president that died during the expo, of course)
Yes, i saw that! Check out his tomb, kind of jerky on the people who buried him's part, looks very similar to the place he died! 😂

IMG_6036.jpg

AnthroposRex

Reactions
So, they are saying the wireless telegraph was strung with lights?
I didn't see a mention of broadcasted power, only telegraph signals.
Good find on the tower

Recognition

Reactions
This screen right here jumped out at me.

Illumination by wireless telegraph. Hmm.
This reminds me of your quote from this thread @AnthroposRex

Potential etheric energy device?

"These may be devices that use the same principles but tuned to a stepped down frequency that is then used by devices for power.
Maybe a radio station is also a power station if you have the proper receiver?

Or possibly its only for local power receiving. Say, 100 feet, from a generator outside.

It's really interesting to me.
I wonder how the current flows and whether it is doing the Tesla circular magnetic field thing or whether it is one big line designed to just catch waves."

Illumination BY wireless telegraph. Doesn't have a brand name like deforest. Maybe this is something they actually knew how to do!

Last edited: