Two different images of Dublin in 1900

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
What about the difference between these two images of the city of Dublin. Both are ca. 1900. The first one altered, or not? Any guesses why, if yes?

Dublin in1900.jpg Dublin_1900.jpg

ISeenItFirst

If it's not altered, that horse pulling the trolly mid left is headed to the glue factory, cuz horse legs don't bend like that. They should get extra for him because he looks like he might have 5 hooves.

wizz33

some build a geopolymer marble building and took down the smaller statue

anotherlayer

One of those pictures is 1890 and the other is 1900. They went from horse pulled trolleys to electric trolleys. The dating is incorrect. I am impressed with newly built church front on the right side, to the right of whatever idiots are on that massive statue. Sometimes we get it right...

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
It would be interesting to find a photo of the construction in progress. There are so many photographs of that specific area, but I foubt we will find construction.

And the far right row of the buildings in the first image appears drawn to me. Just like those clouds.

humanoidlord

jesus, where the drawing starts and the image ends???????!!!!!!
the second is a normal image, as for the first i have no idea what is happening there

Apollyon

Excellent example of how they were using photoshop to make images appear older than they are! Amazing!
One of those pictures is 1890 and the other is 1900. They went from horse pulled trolleys to electric trolleys. The dating is incorrect. I am impressed with newly built church front on the right side, to the right of whatever idiots are on that massive statue. Sometimes we get it right...
10 years latter and theres the same cart /horse and guy in the lower right? I don't think so

Last edited:

narnou

Excellent example of how they were using photoshop to make images appear older than they are! Amazing!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the theory, those images look doctored as fuck for sure but I think we should avoid the term 'photoshop' as it tend to refer to some "avanced" technology while these kind of editings were already totally possible with good "old school techniques" including hand drawing.

You'll learn to know me, I'm oftetimes kind of devil's advocate :) What I'm thinking about here is the day you'll want to expose your theory to skeptics or non-conspiration-friendly people. The lone use of the word 'photoshop' could be the trigger to block their mind and they'll just stop listen to whatever you have to say.

Apollyon

editings were already totally possible with good "old school techniques" including hand drawing.
Nice to meet you. that just wouldn't be sufficient for the scope of the manipulation we are seeing. the brand name photo shop was created in 1988. but it seems illogical to think that this was the first program of its kind. It is simply the version for the public. I don't feel out of line suggesting that the manipulation of images to appear old happened around the same time that these image manipulating Software was being developed.

whitewave

Nice to meet you. that just wouldn't be sufficient for the scope of the manipulation we are seeing. the brand name photo shop was created in 1988. but it seems illogical to think that this was the first program of its kind. It is simply the version for the public. I don't feel out of line suggesting that the manipulation of images to appear old happened around the same time that these image manipulating Software was being developed.
***Caution***Full Blown Conspiracy Theory To Follow: Adjust your Tin Foil Hat now.

I think the public gets technology about 50 years after it's been developed. I've seen things in old (and not so old) movies that didn't exist supposedly at the time but are now starting to come out. I believe Hollyweird has access to stuff or, at least, ideas of existing stuff that the rest of us don't get to know about. Advanced photographic techniques would be right up their alley. Maybe Hollyweird agrees to keep pumping out the propaganda if they can get some of their ideas from the tech not available to the public?