Thoughts on Real Estate

AnthroposRex

Reactions
I know Dan brown is a hack, but I was thinking about his sangreal = Holy grail VS sang real = royal blood, and I got to thinking that regardless of what it is, wouldn't real estate be either Holy Estate or Royal Estate?

Either way, the dominion of the HRE seems inherent in the concept from this simple point of view.

Red Bird

Reactions
I know Dan brown is a hack, but I was thinking about his sangreal = Holy grail VS sang real = royal blood, and I got to thinking that regardless of what it is, wouldn't real estate be either Holy Estate or Royal Estate?

Either way, the dominion of the HRE seems inherent in the concept from this simple point of view.
Could be as the world even now seems to be a conspiracy of cabals who believe they are elite and own the world by right. The Catholic Church Church included. It fits. They’ve divided the world into 10 zones currently.

UnusualBean

Reactions
Could be as the world even now seems to be a conspiracy of cabals who believe they are elite and own the world by right. The Catholic Church Church included. It fits. They’ve divided the world into 10 zones currently.
Mind if I ask what these 10 zones are?

Searching

Reactions
It's funny to me that anything in this realm is preceded with the adjective "real". Compared to other commodities such as stock options and money, I guess land is the most tangible asset.

Ownership of land, like everything else here, is a mirage. The average person takes out a 30 year mortgage on a home. Mortgage, Mort- from the Latin meaning death - Mortuary, Mortician, Mortal. In Spanish it is "Muerte".

A gauge of death. By the time one has saved enough money for a down payment, he is likely in his 30's. Before he pays back the bank, he will probably be dead. If he does live long enough and is lucky enough to keep a job to pay back that 30 year mortgage, does that mean he no longer has a payment?

Try not paying annual taxes on "your" property and see how long it takes the IRS to confiscate the land you "own".

On a side note, McDonald's never was a fast food chain. Selling us shit to eat is just a side hustle. Former McDonald’s CFO, Harry J. Sonneborn, is even quoted as saying, “we are not technically in the food business. We are in the real estate business. The only reason we sell fifteen-cent hamburgers is because they are the greatest producer of revenue, from which our tenants can pay us our rent.”

tardmelon

Reactions
It's funny to me that anything in this realm is preceded with the adjective "real". Compared to other commodities such as stock options and money, I guess land is the most tangible asset.

Ownership of land, like everything else here, is a mirage. The average person takes out a 30 year mortgage on a home. Mortgage, Mort- from the Latin meaning death - Mortuary, Mortician, Mortal. In Spanish it is "Muerte".

A gauge of death. By the time one has saved enough money for a down payment, he is likely in his 30's. Before he pays back the bank, he will probably be dead. If he does live long enough and is lucky enough to keep a job to pay back that 30 year mortgage, does that mean he no longer has a payment?

Try not paying annual taxes on "your" property and see how long it takes the IRS to confiscate the land you "own".

On a side note, McDonald's never was a fast food chain. Selling us shit to eat is just a side hustle. Former McDonald’s CFO, Harry J. Sonneborn, is even quoted as saying, “we are not technically in the food business. We are in the real estate business. The only reason we sell fifteen-cent hamburgers is because they are the greatest producer of revenue, from which our tenants can pay us our rent.”
Really interesting post all the way around.

Found this at eytmonline

late 14c., morgage, "a conveyance of property on condition as security for a loan or agreement," from Old French morgage (13c.), mort gaige, literally "dead pledge" (replaced in modern French by hypothèque), from mort "dead" (see mortal (adj.)) + gage "pledge" (see wage (n.)). So called because the deal dies either when the debt is paid or when payment fails. Old French mort is from Vulgar Latin *mortus "dead," from Latin mortuus, past participle of mori "to die" (from PIE root *mer- "to rub away, harm," also "to die" and forming words referring to death and to beings subject to death). The -t- was restored in Modern English based on Latin.

Onijunbei

Reactions
Real estate is a legal term denoting an estate that is tangible in a real sense as opposed to a spiritual sense.. Sounds crazy... But God gave us dominion over the Earth but people are still paying for land.. So in the man made system of money the powers that be came up with real estate to denote monetary transactions of property.. another legal term. And of course hardly anyone owns land because all titles have the residents listed as tenants... Tenants rent land.