There are no Space Aliens

Starmonkey

Reactions
Y'know, I've heard all the stories. Our fragmented history. Superior technology and skills. Constant death and destruction.
One thing I do know. We've been having an experience of enslavement on many different levels and dimensions. Wonder what would happen if we freed it up?
I dug E.T. as a kid. Still do. Not so much into the fighting and killing ones. Although Super 8 had a nice compromise anyway.
Independence Day is a 😂.
I'm more into the time traveling, dimension jumping tourists and voyeur scenario though, than the "just flew over from Alpha Centauri" yarn. Could be that way if we wanted it to though. I'm a fan of manga and anime with space travel or different worlds.

Banta

Reactions
I’m inclined to think that we (the Earth) simply occupy a limited space on a hypothetical body of a whatever shape property. Adjacent to us are other worlds sharing the same body of the same property. Whoever gets into our limited Earth space are extraterrestrials aka aliens.
This is great, but I laughed out loud when I realize I agree with it. Actually, I'd be curious to see who doesn't.

I'm definitely not comfortable saying anything more specific, so that is probably a minority view...

zxcv0

Reactions
This is great, but I laughed out loud when I realize I agree with it. Actually, I'd be curious to see who doesn't.

I'm definitely not comfortable saying anything more specific, so that is probably a minority view...
I don't agree with it. I think any form of 'extra-terrestrial' being is the outcome of a vivid imagination. Do I get a prize?

Banta

Reactions
I don't agree with it. I think any form of 'extra-terrestrial' being is the outcome of a vivid imagination. Do I get a prize?
He doesn't say that they have entered the Earth necessarily, just that those are the parameters for what an extraterrestrial is. But I presume you disagree with the adjacent worlds part. Which is very much conjecture obviously, but the idea of more land outside the defined parameters of Earth (and that land being hidden from knowledge) works for me. For now. Talk to me in a couple years, haha...

zxcv0

Reactions
He doesn't say that they have entered the Earth necessarily, just that those are the parameters for what an extraterrestrial is. But I presume you disagree with the adjacent worlds part. Which is very much conjecture obviously, but the idea of more land outside the defined parameters of Earth (and that land being hidden from knowledge) works for me. For now. Talk to me in a couple years, haha...
Well, sure, the definition of the word ET is something that is from outside the realm of earth. By my best reckoning, nothing of the sort exists. I have no concrete proof, just a series of deductions and the knowledge that there is an alarming lack of evidence to prove their existence.

I await for concrete evidence of the existence of intelligence non-earth lifeforms, but am yet to see a shred of evidence to support it 70 years after the idea began to hold in earnest. I'm not entirely impatient, but I think 70 years is more than enough time to see something of value.

Having been an alien buff for most of my life, I see now how important they are in moving people further away from god while casting doubt on how special we are (in addition to supporting the heliocentric, endless universe narrative).

Last edited:
OP
Onijunbei

Onijunbei

Reactions

We are all in a minority view compared to the rest of the world, don't be afraid to express your thoughts.. If they get shot down with evidence then we all learn from that, and we can wither down all the information to that which is more useful and sets us down a more coherent path...your thoughts might be those that are the most coherent.

Banta

Reactions
We are all in a minority view compared to the rest of the world, don't be afraid to express your thoughts.. If they get shot down with evidence then we all learn from that, and we can wither down all the information to that which is more useful and sets us down a more coherent path...your thoughts might be those that are the most coherent.
To clarify, I'm not comfortable because there is very little in this world that I know in the affirmative. It's easier to poke holes in existing models than form one from scratch, to the point that I'm not sure the latter isn't just partially mental illness on our end. It seems possible that some of these big questions, like what is the shape of the Earth, size/existence of the universe, are not designed to be answered or are not valid questions in the first place.

To KD's original comment that I quoted and said I agree with, it started with him saying "I'm inclined to think" and maybe that's the part that I liked the most in context of this discussion. I truly do not know about other worlds/lands/realms/planets/whathaveyou, but I'm inclined to think there is more out there than our bubble/snowglobe, mostly because I can see the motivation in keeping them hidden and inaccessible and maintains the sort of "prison planet" narrative that the mainstream subtly supports. However, to make it more confusing, there is unquestionably an psy-op component to "aliens" but that also doesn't mean that they don't exist.

What is key to me is that leaning towards one 'world configuration" (globe, flat, concave) does not in itself eliminate the possibility of more worlds of that type OR automatically mean that they do exist either (like heliocentrism supports). Our ability to collect data to answer these questions is limited and is often just speculation disguised as data, which makes it all very confusing.