Outer Space - what is it?

Space, also known as outer space, is the near-vacuum between celestial bodies. It is where everything (all of the planets, stars, galaxies and other objects) is found. On Earth, space begins at the Kármán line (100 km above sea level). This is where Earth's atmosphere is said to stop and outer space begins. This is not a natural boundary but is a convention used by scientists and diplomats.

outer_space_2.jpg

However, the space near Earth is quite crowded by astronomical standards. A list of spaces goes like this:
  • Geospace is the region of outer space near Earth. Geospace includes the upper region of the atmosphere and the magnetosphere. The Van Allen radiation belt lies within the geospace. The space inside the magnetosphere is protected from radiation from the Sun. It has a low level of electrically charged particles.
  • Interplanetary space is the space around the Sun and planets of the Solar System. It has the solar wind, a continuous stream of charged particles from the Sun. This stream creates a very thin atmosphere (the heliosphere) for billions of miles or kilometers into space.
    Interplanetary space has the magnetic field generated by the Sun. Planets such as Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury and the Earth also have magnetospheres. These magnetic fields can trap particles from the solar wind and other sources, creating belts of magnetic particles such as the Van Allen radiation belt. Planets without magnetic fields, such as Mars, have their atmospheres gradually stripped off by the solar wind.
  • Interstellar space is the physical space within a galaxy not occupied by stars or their planetary systems. It continues to the edges of the galaxy, where it fades into the intergalactic void. Most of the mass in this space is made up of single hydrogen atoms, fewer helium atoms and a few heavier atoms formed in stars. Supernovae blow some of their atoms huge distances.
  • Intergalactic space does have 'cosmic voids' between the large-scale structures of the universe.

KD: above is what the official version of "space" is. Basically, we are being told that there are some celestial objects hanging out in various places within near-vacuum conditions.

space_1.jpg

I have my doubts that this "space" exists in its conventional form. From day one we are being fed the traditional narrative filled with planets, orbits, stars, galaxies, etc. What's there to doubt? Just look up. But... how do we know what those objects above us really are? For example, how do we know that planets are physical objects and not some bright lights presented to us as physical objects.
It's just my small opinion, but I think other worlds do exist but they have nothing to do with space and planets. Not sure what the set up would be. May be something similar to the image below.

other_worlds_1.jpg

Questions:
  • if you think that "space" in its traditional form does exist, than what makes you think so?
  • if your opinion of "space" is different from the traditional narrative, than what do you think is being hidden behind the "space" narrative?

Back