The relocation of the Abu Simbel temples - Egypt

Timeshifter

Reactions
I came across this whilst watching an episode from Here

This is another one of those places that was buried for millennia (Carved in 12,060 bc according to the msn) then uncovered when someone tripped over the top of it in the early 1900's (where have we heard this before)

here is the location pre move:

abu-simbel-07.jpg

abu-simbel-08.jpg

abu-simbel-02.jpg

There's a whole load of mainstream narrative here, lots to find with simple searches.

What I don't understand is, lots of other monuments were destroyed, sold off or allowed or be buried, but his one had to be saved. Why? And why remove these temples just to make way for a lake/ water storage?

Surely they could have had this lake go a different route? Why go to the time, effort and cost of carving up an relocating the whole thing a few hundred yards away?

What was really going on here? Are they hiding something, changing something?

here is how it appears now:

abu-simbel-24.jpg

Here is a video of the supposed removal, although tbh this could be a carefully choreographed load of b#####cks. It seems utterly ridiculous to me.

A few interesting words from the narrator

27.50 'An age which saves him from crumbling, with the help of synthetic resin injections'....

Love to hear the forums thoughts

cheers

AnthroposRex

Reactions
The one on the far right looks like it's gotten botox. I wonder if that's one of the synthetic injection recipents. It's face looks like it's melting into its lap to the point that it almost looks vaguely Asian. Curious find.