The Phaeacians 'remarkable' ships

Recognition

Reactions
Phaeacian Ships
The Phaeacians possessed remarkable ships. They were quite different from the penteconters, the ships used during the Trojan War, and they were steered by thought. King Alcinous says that Phaeacians carried Rhadamanthus to Euboea, "which is the furthest of any place" and came back on the same day. He also explains to Odysseus what sort of information the Phaeacian ships require in order to take him home to Ithaca.
Tell me also your country, nation, and city, that our ships may shape their purpose accordingly and take you there. For the Phaeacians have no pilots; their vessels have no rudders as those of other nations have, but the ships themselves understand what it is that we are thinking about and want; they know all the cities and countries in the whole world, and can traverse the sea just as well even when it is covered with mist and cloud, so that there is no danger of being wrecked or coming to any harm."

Homer describes the Phaeacian ships as fast as a falcon and gives a vivid description of the ship's departure.

"The ship bounded forward on her way as a four in hand chariot flies over the course when the horses feel the whip. Her prow curvetted as it were the neck of a stallion, and a great wave of dark blue water seethed in her wake. She held steadily on her course, and even a falcon, swiftest of all birds, could not have kept pace with her."

I think the mention of going the farthest distance possible, and returning the same day, is alluding to a much higher rate of speed than your classic 'ship' could reach.

The island of Corfu, Greece, is the island where the Phaeacians originally lived. From wiki: The Greek name, [for Corfu] Kerkyra or Korkyra, is related to two powerful water deities: Poseidon, god of the sea, and Asopos, an important Greek mainland river.[16] According to myth, Poseidon fell in love with the beautiful nymph Korkyra, daughter of Asopos and river nymph Metope, and abducted her.[16] Poseidon brought Korkyra to the hitherto unnamed island and, in marital bliss, offered her name to the place: Korkyra,[16] which gradually evolved to Kerkyra(Doric).[8] They had a child they called Phaiax, after whom the inhabitants of the island were named Phaiakes, in Latin Phaeaciani. Corfu's nickname is the island of the Phaeacians.

Then we have this description of Corfu's arrogance about their "high naval position".

"Thucydides, in his Peloponnesian War, identifies Scheria as Corfu or, with its ancient name, Corcyra. In I.25.4, he records the Corinthians' resentment of the Corcyraeans, who "could not repress a pride in the high naval position of an island whose nautical renown dated from the days of its old inhabitants, the Phaeacians."

Locals on Corfu had long claimed this, based on the rock outside Corfu harbour, which is supposedly the ship that carried Odysseus back to Ithaca, but was turned to stone by Poseidon, to punish the Phaeacians for helping his enemy,

[…] with one blow from the flat of his hand turned her [the ship] into stone and rooted her to the sea bottom.

korfu.jpg

Kolovri rock (Odysseus ship turned into stone) Photo from Giannades in Corfu | Greece.com

Here is what that rock (Kolovri Rock) looks like from above. To me, it looks like a saucer, not an ocean ship. Also notice the rather geometric edging of the wave pattern around it. Either that shoreline is very oddly shaped, or GE is photoshopping something.

I'll also post a pic from a book about the peloponnesian war below. In a nutshell, corcyra is super confident about their navy and basically suggest it is in Athens' best interest to have them on their side, due to their naval power.

1700s painting of Corfu Harbor
This painting of corfu harbor (supposedly painted in 1700) is what caught my eye. Notice the huge black cube to the right of the fort. That is covering what should be harbor. Could it be covering up a painting of one of these fabled 'ships'? Could this 'ship' look more like what we typically think of as a ufo or spaceship, than the classic seafaring ship?

I'll post pictures of the harbor today, to show how that should actually be water , where that huge black cube is. Were they even trying? I mean 😂

The fort there is part of what was clearly a much larger starfort, that the town still stands upon. Supposedly built by moors, the fort's peak, (a monstrosity which looks like the equivalent of a pile of mud dumped out of a child's pail), is striking, when you compare it to other parts of the entire structure, notably a lovely palace/temple of greco/romano (R: read-Tartarian) appearance. The graceful form and slope of the wave breakers are incredible to me, so beautiful. Below is an old painting of the fort, which just screams mudflood. And here is what this monstrosity looks like now.

Lastly, there was a joke that germany supposedly made when greece went bankrupt during the euro fiasco, that germany would bail out greece if they gave them corfu. It's pretty and all, but what if there is some old tech on or in the island that they wanted to get their hands on? Just an interesting thought!

Recognition: to me, seems like there are a couple things about this island that don't come across as the whole story. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this topic:).

IMG_6365.jpgIMG_6325.JPGIMG_6366.JPGIMG_6364.JPGIMG_6331.jpgIMG_6364.JPGIMG_6325.JPGIMG_6364.JPGIMG_6355.PNGIMG_6356.PNGIMG_6357.PNGIMG_6358.PNGIMG_6359.PNGIMG_6378.JPGIMG_6378.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Recognition

Recognition

Reactions
Could def be!!!! To be honest, i was picturing more of a 'flight of the navigator' type spaceship, that can be controlled with the mind:))

IMG_6368.JPGIMG_6367.JPG
I dont recall if I read it on SH as well but UAP did a video about a plane/boat that blew my mind.
UAP video

The description of the curved prow, wave crests, and speed all remind me of what I saw in the video. Nice research!
Can't wait to watch, UAP has some really great stuff, thanks!!

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
large-ekranoplan.jpg

ekranoplano.jpg

ekranoplano-2.jpg

Here is a possibly related video

A few links:
The Project 903 MD-160 Soviet Lun-Class Ekranoplan Ground Effect Vehicle
soviet-lun-class-ekranoplane-ground-effect-vehicle.jpg

******​
For that they would need to have a radar, an autopilot and a GPS. That’s some strong stuff there.
So, is the OP talking about a possible ship which took Ulysses aka Odysseus to Ithaca?

Things like that, if substantiated, could reasonably explain why no original texts or images were allowed to survive.