The monstrous Minotaur riveted ancient Greece and Rome

Timeshifter

Reactions
Mmm, reading this 'story' reminded me of KDs threads...

Skylab
Factory
Diana

'To seal his reign’s legitimacy, Minos asks the sea god Poseidon to send him a bull that he will sacrifice in the god’s honor. Poseidon duly sends a magnificent white bull from the surf. But at the moment of sacrifice, Minos, fascinated by the beauty of the animal, spares his life.

Furious at this disrespect, the sea god makes Minos’s wife, Pasiphae, go mad with desire for the bull. Pasiphae asks the Athenian inventor Daedalus to design a disguise for her so she can get close to the beast. He creates a life-size hollow cow, and Pasiphae climbs inside it to entertain the bull. The result of their union is a bull-human hybrid child she names Asterion. Better known as the Minotaur, he is imprisoned by King Minos in an intricate Labyrinth designed by Daedalus'

We are back to Isis, Mater, Diana, whoever again.

Reality in all myths?

Source

:unsure:

studytruth

Reactions
The labyrinth is a very powerful ancient symbol, of the journey within to teh deepest regions of the self, and then to spiral back out into what might be called Total Knowing. The Minotaur would be the egoic mind, or the demonic parasite mind, or some sort of control entity- however one wants to look at it, that is our block to this going within to see beyond the self. Thus no surprise this symbol (labyrinth) and blocker (minotaur) would be found all over the world. I have found some spectacular old labyrinths in Sweden, waiting for next spring for good weather to go and see them. So this is a world wide symbol, and it would be interesting to know the origin of the myth-symbol

Balibrew

Reactions
The labyrinth is a very powerful ancient symbol, of the journey within to teh deepest regions of the self, and then to spiral back out into what might be called Total Knowing. The Minotaur would be the egoic mind, or the demonic parasite mind, or some sort of control entity- however one wants to look at it, that is our block to this going within to see beyond the self. Thus no surprise this symbol (labyrinth) and blocker (minotaur) would be found all over the world. I have found some spectacular old labyrinths in Sweden, waiting for next spring for good weather to go and see them. So this is a world wide symbol, and it would be interesting to know the origin of the myth-symbol
I have never heard of this explanation before and it exactly explains my own life long internal struggle. May l ask where i can learn more about this?