The Matrix

Paracelsus

Reactions
I was going to post this over in Topless Napoleon, but I thought it deserved its' own thread. It probably goes without saying that we've all seen The Matrix before, I've probably seen it at least 30 times or better. But I saw something that really caught my eye, it is the naval uniforms from the agent program scene.

Really, look closely at them. They're older than WWI, and they don't look American, the covers (hats) are quite antique. But whose naval uniform is this, and from when? I've been searching through images and can't quite place the hat. Just guessing, but I'd say 1880s, at the very least.

Pre- WWI Kriegsmarine or Russian
https://pin.it/nw5axb3epth2xr

Russian Navy
https://pin.it/dokglifl6p7mbh
https://pin.it/ct3fdg6ragqthx

Granted, the sailors from The Matrix are wearing full white shore leave uniforms. But they look highly incongruous for a movie that is set in 1999 - but is closer to 2199.

Is there a there there, or what?

Also, some wild musings. The subway fight where Smith and Neo end in a stalemate. Smiths' gun is a Desert Eagle, originally made by IAI for the Israeli army (IDF). And Neo is using a Beretta 92F or U.S. Army spec M9. With ol' Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta you can go into a field day of wild speculation:

"Founded in the 16th century, Beretta is the oldest active manufacturer of firearm components in the world.[1] In 1526 its inaugural product was arquebus barrels; by all accounts Beretta-made barrels equipped the Venetian fleet at the Battle of Lepanto in 1571.[2] Beretta has supplied weapons for every major European war since 1650."
Beretta - Wikipedia

"...every major European war since 1650!"

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Reactions
Jeez Louise, I watched The Matrix the other day, it has been a really long time since I have watched it. It seems more relevant now than it did 20 years ago. How can that movie be 20 years old !? Well except for the antiquated technology.

While I don't entertain the idea that we are living in a similar environment, I do ascribe to the notion we are living in a manufactured reality, with a shady underbelly. But the fight scenes are still awesome! I find it possible to live on the out-skirts of the matrix, or even if it is an illusion, how would I know. Damn, didn't that very same black cat just walk by?!
The mister says that if we are living in a fantasyland, he'd do a much better job with our lives than this current scenario. Dream big and all.

sonoman

Reactions
this thread should be in the movies subforum. I went there looking to see if The Matrix had a thread a few days ago, nope. but this poped up today thanks to Ice Nine's bump.

one of the greatest movies of all time if not the greatest.
While I don't entertain the idea that we are living in a similar environment
its figurative, allegory/metaphor and we are in The Matrix, with 99% acting as agents for the legal fictions they think are real. I can prove this with Law, in any court of Law and so can anyone but they better be prepared with the wisdom to overcome with evidence in rebuttal to all the fictitious presumptions because you will be tested and if you fail, you will certainly suffer the consequence. see my etymology thread, I hit on many of the matrix related stuff there.

OP
Paracelsus

Paracelsus

Reactions
this thread should be in the movies subforum. I went there looking to see if The Matrix had a thread a few days ago, nope. but this poped up today thanks to Ice Nine's bump.

one of the greatest movies of all time if not the greatest.

its figurative, allegory/metaphor and we are in The Matrix, with 99% acting as agents for the legal fictions they think are real. I can prove this with Law, in any court of Law and so can anyone but they better be prepared with the wisdom to overcome with evidence in rebuttal to all the fictitious presumptions because you will be tested and if you fail, you will certainly suffer the consequence. see my etymology thread, I hit on many of the matrix related stuff there.
I'm going to rip the duct-tape right off and say this about the Matrix. It was made by the Silver brothers - who are presently trans-sexual "women."

The very movie itself which created the philosophical concept of "The Red Pill" was created by ardent adherents to gender inversion. Unless this was part of the Faustian bargain they struck to make one of the few movies with a substantial philosophical message. Scroll back up and watch the scene I posted, you could endlessly dissect the subtext of Morpheus (the Grecian God of Dreams and Oneiromancy) explicitly stating:
"If you're not one of us, you're one of them."

In The Matrix, "them" is the reference to the Agents specifically, but the Machines generally. Artificial Intelligence with absolute command of the material plane and even the purely cerebral thought plane of the Matrix. In order to defeat Artificial Intelligence the God of Dreams goes on a quest to go after man named Neo (After), after consulting "The Oracle."

This thread should probably be moved to the Movies section. But I saw something I had never really noticed until I saw it on t.v. for the 50th time. Some antique naval uniforms that looked so incongruously out-of-place in a movie that screams - "hey! doesn't this look out of place!"

But, the Batman trilogy had the same - if not greater impact on me, and those movies were directed by a man who is a staunch atheist. A movie series about purpose, sacrifice and noblesse oblige.

sonoman

Reactions
I'm going to rip the duct-tape right off and say this about the Matrix. It was made by the Silver brothers - who are presently trans-sexual "women."
there was some litigation over the intellectual copyrights. not sure what the outcome was, it was fairly recently but the claim youre making was at the heart of the controversy IIRC

this is the book that he had hollowed out and kept the disc: Simulacra and Simulation - Wikipedia and this is a very good read.

The very movie itself which created the philosophical concept of "The Red Pill" was created by ardent adherents to gender inversion. Unless this was part of the Faustian bargain they struck to make one of the few movies with a substantial philosophical message. Scroll back up and watch the scene I posted, you could endlessly dissect the subtext of Morpheus (the Grecian God of Dreams and Oneiromancy) explicitly stating:
"If you're not one of us, you're one of them."

In The Matrix, "them" is the reference to the Agents specifically, but the Machines generally. Artificial Intelligence with absolute command of the material plane and even the purely cerebral thought plane of the Matrix. In order to defeat Artificial Intelligence the God of Dreams goes on a quest to go after man named Neo (After), after consulting "The Oracle."

This thread should probably be moved to the Movies section. But I saw something I had never really noticed until I saw it on t.v. for the 50th time. Some antique naval uniforms that looked so incongruously out-of-place in a movie that screams - "hey! doesn't this look out of place!"
I'll check it out, had scripting switched off so didnt see a vid. the "Artificial Intelligence" is within mans mind (false history etc.) and its the fictions that we 'believe' that we are and act as agent for. ("What IS real?") but yes it certainly does "command" the material plane, its Codes/ProGramming/Language. the OS that runs the mind.

Neo = New "My name is Neo" is the whitestone of revelations. its a biblical script & public notice for those who dont read the original. lol

I only saw the original and only once, I should watch it again sometime.
Post automatically merged:

on and for the record: Inside The BIllion Dollar Matrix Lawsuit, One of the Internet's Most Pervasive Hoaxes

Last edited: