The Grand Canyon is under 450 years old...?

ritch

Reactions
First post so Hello all, interesting space you have here.
Last year i finally realised that when, as reported by the ancients both in the bible and elsewhere, the Earth stood still, all of the kinetic energy both of rotation and orbital speed was expressed as heat. So depending on their specific heat properties all the elements making up the planet heated at differing rates, platinum group metals the most but all the metals close to the core would heat up enormously. Some reactions would be catalysed by the heat and some of these would be exothermic and some of these would expand and as liquid force their way towards the surface, their signature would be spiraling ore bodies around various types of volcanic hills, mud volcanoes and marrs for instance. So with the spin stopped all surface water would head east at the tangential speed of surface rotation of wherever it was, coriolis would also force it poleward. The pacific would roll over the west coast at 1000kph plus and head north, the only water left would be that held in sediment and in some places this would be brought to boiling point shattering any rock that contained it. Where marrs surfaced again the heat present would boil off any water.
Then the spin returns and the water at the poles now heads west over the accelerating landscape, the heat present now gets converted back to kinetic energy and areas where there were steam expolsions are now cooled to minus 70f or lower and as the water and mud run over these surfaces they create massive deposits of 'permafrost' underlayed by salt deposits frozen out of the water. The worst effects are nearer the equator, and there should remain some deep, deep frozen ground here that defies explanation.
To the point, the canyon may have been carved out by massive electrical arcing caused by the rise of powerfully charged materials to the near surface, or perhaps by the passage of the pacific as it passed north through the continent, or even steam explosions of the damp ground below an ancient river bed but I'm suggesting that if it was covered/filled until recently then perhaps it was by a permafrost mud that took millenia to thaw, then thawed suddenly.

0harris0

Reactions
Never heard of him, looks interesting though, links to his pdf [adam+eve] all seem broken but I'll keep looking. Thanks.
well he postulates basically what you just said, except he attributes it, not to the earth stopping rotating, but to the crust moving on molten lava and rotating in a north-south(ish) direction... he also links up 3 cataclysms to events in the bible... its not a long book but i found it a fascinating read, makes sense for the most part which is nice :D
ps - i have the pdf, inbox me ;)

madroona

Reactions
{It is not likely my place to say this, but this last bit feels both off-topic and not SH-related, perhaps move it to a separate thread? Feel free to blast this note to the trash bin if it is not appropriate, but the hallmark of this forum seems to be on-topic and generally researchable areas of interest. Hell, we could never proof a molten core, nor a stoppage in a spinning globe, so it feels way beyond this space.}

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
{It is not likely my place to say this, but this last bit feels both off-topic and not SH-related, perhaps move it to a separate thread? Feel free to blast this note to the trash bin if it is not appropriate, but the hallmark of this forum seems to be on-topic and generally researchable areas of interest. Hell, we could never proof a molten core, nor a stoppage in a spinning globe, so it feels way beyond this space.}
I second that. Was gonna type up a similar remark.

CryoApple

Reactions
Kent Hovind has some interesting analysis of Grand Canyon:
I also think it would be worthwhile to try and find some oral history of Grand Canyon from the Native Americans who’ve lived there
Kent Hovind also made a video showing the collapse of the Grand Canyon on a much smaller scale.