The Ancient Roche (Rosh) Empire - please be on the lookout

Andromeda

Reactions
I became friend with a descendant of a Larosche in Oslo. He was born in Luxembourg and he said he had Irish blood as well. He spoke French, Spanish and Norwegian fluently apart from his Irish English. He never spoke of his family but coming from Luxembourg to Norway suggests that his family may have some wealth stored. He himself would be judged as a bum by the mindless folks because he likes to climb trees in the middle of Oslo.

whitewave

Reactions
From Higgetyflough on Redditt: All-Russias usually refers to the unification of the three Russias, or the three territories that claimed heritage from the Rus. Great Russia corresponds to modern day European Russia, White Russia is now Belarus (which literally translates to white Russia), and Little Russia is now the central region of Ukraine along the Dnieper River. These three Russias are what the tsars of Russia referred to when they were said to be rulers of all the Russias, however there are other Russias as well. Red Russia is now western Ukraine, in a region known as Galicia, and Black Russia constitutes the Northwestern part of Belarus along the Memel river.

All The Russias by Simon Franklin and Emma Widdis (Cambridge Uni): Russia is not and has never been a ‘nation state’, where the geo-political boundaries and the ethno-cultural boundaries coincide. More or less from the start it has been a multi-ethnic, multi-lingual polity – an empire (even if its rulers have not always presented it as such) – but with a strongly dominant Slav (Rus, Russian) population and culture.

Dirigible

Reactions
From Higgetyflough on Redditt: All-Russias usually refers to the unification of the three Russias, or the three territories that claimed heritage from the Rus. Great Russia corresponds to modern day European Russia, White Russia is now Belarus (which literally translates to white Russia), and Little Russia is now the central region of Ukraine along the Dnieper River. These three Russias are what the tsars of Russia referred to when they were said to be rulers of all the Russias, however there are other Russias as well. Red Russia is now western Ukraine, in a region known as Galicia, and Black Russia constitutes the Northwestern part of Belarus along the Memel river.

All The Russias by Simon Franklin and Emma Widdis (Cambridge Uni): Russia is not and has never been a ‘nation state’, where the geo-political boundaries and the ethno-cultural boundaries coincide. More or less from the start it has been a multi-ethnic, multi-lingual polity – an empire (even if its rulers have not always presented it as such) – but with a strongly dominant Slav (Rus, Russian) population and culture.
Sounds like what we know about Tartary

Apollyon

Reactions
François Rochebrune - Wikipedia

Heres an interesting character. I found while reading about the January up-rising in Poland. Apparently captain nemo of 20,000 leagues under the sea was originally going to be a polish noble who's family was exiled to siberia during this. the uprising takes place at the time of the american civil war. Interestingly many so called zouaves fought on both sides in the american civil war. Just found his name interesting in light of this topic nothing more.

Last edited:

BStankman

Reactions
François Rochebrune - Wikipedia

Heres an interesting character. I found while reading about the January up-rising in Poland. Apparently captain nemo of 20,000 leagues under the sea was originally going to be a polish noble who's family was exiled to siberia during this. the uprising takes place at the time of the american civil war. Interestingly many so called zouaves fought on both sides in the american civil war. Just found his name interesting in light of this topic nothing more.
Another one here.
Hero of the American revolution and mustard.

Tadeusz Kościuszko - Wikipedia

Roch III coat-of-arms

whitewave

Reactions
Can you please source this legend, I'd like to know more. Keywords like "builders" and "defeated" trigger my interest.
Couldn't find my original source but, while looking for it, I ran across this: secondary source. Hope you find it helpful. Writer is from the geographical area and his English is a bit hard to follow. Lists a coupla books that might be worth hunting for.

Von_Turin

Reactions
In NW Europe "Ros" is an old word for a horse. There are by the day fewer Europeans that are still familiar with this word. Getting less and less.

"Rose" is another word for the colour pink which has the Root of the Germanic naming of the colour Red (english) => Rot / Root / Rood (germanic) in it.

Pink ofcourse being the mixture of red/white. Funny that "Root" in English is the Root of a plant / tree. Turn the English "Root" around and you've the old (celtic-welsh-irish-scottish) word for a hill = Toor of Tor... like in Glastonbury Tor. In German "Tor" is a Tower or symbolical a Tree.

"Rosé" is a light coloured variant of wine. Put foreward in some comments above I can also see the connection to Roche in a lot of ways.

Saw the mentioning of the Roche Cosmetics. What to think of Rouge make up that women put on their faces amongst other to "mask" "imperfections". A "Rogue person" is also connected with masking right or to rebel ?

Also saw somebody mentioning the Ross Sea... with that very strange sort of delta shaped Ross Island...

Ross_Island_01.jpgRoss_Island_03.jpg
Ross_Island_02.jpgRoss_Island_04.jpg

damon green

Reactions

one of a couple video i have done by some guys here in manchester u.k, nathan rothschild ran his empire from our city. ill add the othe video at later. coudlnt just trnsfere the you tube video direct so i hope it comes out. let me know. its about what they did in this country and more once they got control of the bank.

it seemed to have come out ok. ok heres the other. these people are sick.

jd755

Reactions
could rosh or roche be a deliberate obfuscation of ross?
if so then my money is on the empire of ross being here:
Ross Ice Shelf
ice shelf, Antarctica

The shelf has served as an important gateway for explorations of the Antarctic interior, including those carried out by many of the most famous expeditions.

Gerardgeert

Reactions
It’s all about “phonetics” right (i just love the whole roshchild thing)

Rush-child(always in a hurry)
rock-child(wtf has a rock to do with music ;p)
Ros-ecrusian(why not, cross could come from there:)
Ros(how are the greek horse-people called?)

Oke back on track; i got to “rosh” during the next vid; i thought maybe to share it(if you like this topic, An hour may be not that long right :)

Whaaaa; damn names...”la-rouche”...damn damn damn

Whatever right......there is always something to learn

Maybe

Last edited:

Mabzynn

Reactions
Another one here.
Hero of the American revolution and mustard.

Tadeusz Kościuszko - Wikipedia

Roch III coat-of-arms
800px-Schweikart_Tadeusz_Kościuszko.jpg
Tadeusz Kosciuszko was a Polish-Lithuanian military engineer, statesman, and military leader who became a national hero in Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, and the United States.

Alexandria Gazette 1818

"The name of Kosciusko struck to the heart of the Tartar, like that of Marius upon the Cimbrian warrior."

From wiki:
The Cimbrian or Cimbric War (113–101 BC) was fought between the Roman Republic and the Celtic or Germanic tribes of the Cimbri and the Teutones, who migrated from the Jutland peninsula into Roman controlled territory, and clashed with Rome and her allies. The Cimbrian War was the first time since the Second Punic War that Italia and Rome itself had been seriously threatened. Rome was finally victorious, and its Germanic adversaries — who had inflicted on the Roman armies the heaviest losses that they had suffered since the Second Punic War with victories at the battles of Arausio and Noreia — were left almost completely annihilated after Roman victories at Aquae Sextiae and Vercellae. Some of the surviving captives are reported to have been among the rebelling gladiators in the Third Servile War.[3]

Even if it is just a metaphor he doesn't state that his sentiment was understood he says the NAME of Kosciusko. The name alone got the reaction.
Now what could our friendly war hero have accomplished to garner the same reaction as a man who came close to annihilating an entire race of people? Or am I reading this wrong?

Anyway the guy is pretty interesting. Born into nobility and then married into the Roch side of the family. Educated as a military engineer who traveled Europe and then fought for the Americans in the war. Led an uprising in Poland which he eventually lost. Switched between English and French in multiple letters no rhyme or reason because they're all to Jefferson. His sentence structure and general language capabilities vary in every letter. Seems to exclusively write about finances and travel outside of the correspondences with George Washington (which match the mainstream narrative). Has multiple wills that never get executed and has a fiasco after his death where his body and organs end up in different locations.

From wiki:
Kościuszko's first funeral was held on October 19, 1817, at a formerly Jesuit church in Solothurn. As news of his death spread, masses and memorial services were held in partitioned Poland. His embalmed body was deposited in a crypt of the Solothurn church. In 1818, Kościuszko's body was transferred to Kraków, arriving at St. Florian's Church on April 11, 1818. On June 22, 1818, or June 23, 1819[108] (accounts vary), to the tolling of the Sigismund Bell and the firing of cannon, it was placed in a crypt at Wawel Cathedral, a pantheon of Polish kings and national heroes. Kościuszko's internal organs, which had been removed during embalming, were separately interred in a graveyard at Zuchwil, near Solothurn. Kościuszko's organs remain there to this day; a large memorial stone was erected in 1820, next to a Polish memorial chapel. His heart, however, was not interred with the other organs, but instead kept in an urn at the Polish Museum in Rapperswil, Switzerland. The heart, along with the rest of the Museum's holdings, were repatriated back to Warsaw in 1927, where the heart now reposes in a chapel at the Royal Castle.[

Maybe I just don't trust bankers...

Who want to supply books to libraries in the United States...

Info on the seller discussed:
Marie Charles Joseph Pougens (1755–1833), born in Paris, received an exemplary education in a variety of subjects and began his career with diplomatic missions in Rome and Great Britain. In the libraries of the Vatican and the British Museum he researched the origins of languages, and in Rome he also studied art. He lost his eyesight to smallpox at the age of 24. As a chevalier of the Knights of Malta he received revenues from estates, but he lost that source of income during the French Revolution. Sentenced to death in 1794, he survived when the execution of Robespierre brought an end to the Reign of Terror. The National Convention awarded him a pension, and in 1795 he opened a business in Paris selling books on commission. He attempted without success to develop a market in the United States for sets of books published in France. By 1803 he suffered financial losses, but Napoleon Bonaparte authorized a loan from the national treasury and later forgave half the debt.

1556042057770.png

1556042152651.png

1556042265021.png

1556054947520.png

Last edited:

inquisitor

Reactions
The Germanic languages underwent a sound shift around the 1st or 2nd centuries and before then, they shared many similarities with Celtic languages. Two examples of this are Chlodovic for Ludwig or Louis (which I have personally thought may be related to the Latin Clodius, later Claudius) and Childeric for Hilderik. The C becomes Ch, then the C is dropped for H, and then in some cases the H is finally dropped. Hence why tribes like the Cimbri went back and forth between 'Celtic' and 'Germanic', because the authors couldn't really determine if they were Celtic or Germanic.

(I just noticed the post above me mentions the Cimbri, way to go for serendipity)

Maybe the name Rothschild is less Roth-schild and more Roths-child? The word 'child' or 'hild' means fighter or battle in Germanic tongues, with 'child' being the more ancient spelling. This would change the meaning from red shield to red fighter; or more specifically in the context of the 'Rosh Empire', Roths fighter or fighter of the Roths. I'm not sure if this would be categorized as 'proper' etymology but rather 'folk' etymology or as I like to call it, lateral etymology based on word play rather than word descendancy (which in my opinion is equally valid).

I would point out a caveat here; Roth could be etymologically related to Hrot or Chrot (cognate to Hlod, and the earlier Chlod) and therefore mean 'loud' or 'famed' rather than red as is commonly associated. The name Rothilde, from Hrothilde or Chrothilde (or even Chrotchilde) is found among numerous Frankish noblewomen, and the words may be related in some way.

Last edited:

Red Bird

Reactions
I’m not surprised they’re not remembered as in the Bible God put his face against them. Following are more biblical quotes:
Topical Bible: Meshech

*also means head or chief in Hebrew so cant rule out Rothschild as they are Jewish.

Found this paper that says: ROSH: AN ANCIENT LAND KNOWN TO EZEKIEL
Rosh Mentioned Twenty Times as a Place Name
The place name Rosh (or its phonetic equivalents in the respec-
tive languages) was found three times in the LXX, ten times in Sargon's inscriptions, once on Assurbanipal's cylinder, once in Sen- nacherib's annals, and five times on Ugaritic tablets--a total of twenty references in five different sources. The following sections list the references...
These references to Rosh (Rashu / Reshu) demonstrate that it was a well-known land in antiquity on the banks of the Tigris River, bordering on Elam and Ellipi.
George C. Cameron, the noted historian of early Iran, identified the land as "the Rashi tribe of Arameans, well known to the Assy- rians from Sargon onward and located in the mountains east of Der, where was its capital, Bit Imbi.”48 Other of its prominent cities were Hamanu, Bube, Bit Bunakki, and Bit Arrabi.49
The cumulative effect of the preceding is that Rosh was a well known place. The next section demonstrates that the word wxro, is most probably not an adjective in Ezek 38:2, 3 and 39:1.

Evidently by the second century A.D. the knowledge of the ancient land of Rosh had diminished. And because the Hebrew word wxro
was in such common use as "head" or "chief," Aquila was influenced
to interpret wxro as an adjective, contrary to the LXX and nor-
mal grammatical conventions. Jerome followed the precedent set by Aquila, and so diminished the knowledge of ancient Rosh even further by removing the name from the Latin Bible.
By the sixteenth century A.D. ancient Rosh was completely un- known in the West, so the early English translators of the Bible were influenced by the Latin Vulgate to violate normal Hebrew grammar
in their translation of Ezekiel 38-39. Once the precedent was set in English, it was perpetuated in all subsequent English Versions until this century when some modern versions have taken exception. This ancient erroneous precedent should not be perpetuated.

Worsaae

Reactions
@Von_Turin interesting angle

Ros/hross meaning horse in old norse. There is a connection between the proto-indo european migration and the start of the calender and there is a connection between ros/horse people/scythia/tartaria

It's very speculative but it's something. Just throwing it out there to keep an open mind

Mabzynn

Reactions
"However, Saint Roch was historically a French noble. Legend claims that he was marked from birth by a red cross on his chest which grew as he did... Saint Roch was surprised by Count Gothard's hunting dog which brought him food and licked his wounds which began to heal. Furthermore, a spring arose out of the ground where he lay which gave him a constant supply of clean water, certainly a rarity in Rome at the time. After returning to health, he ventured back to his home in Montpellier where was accussed of being a spy and was imprisoned by his uncle who failed to recognize him. He then lived in prison for 5 years with an angel caring for him until he died in 1327.

Cult of St. Roch
After his death, miracles taking place by his intercession became increasingly more popular which resulted in a cult becoming developed around him. The Church of San Rocco was built in Venice, Italy quickly after his death and today holds many of his relics. Intercession to Saint Roch increased ten-fold after the Fathers of the Council of Constance of 1414 ordered public prayers and processions for the saint which immediately ended a plague in Constance."

612664395a40232133447d33247d383233343530333630.jpg

Gazette of the United States 1791