Tartarian Symbols at the 1901 Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York

welkyn

Reactions
Sorry if I've missed something along the way - what is the "Quadriga", and how does it relate to Tartary? Very interested to hear about this, since I've seen similar things in the UK before (though perhaps not the same).

OP
Qmeta

Qmeta

Reactions
Sorry if I've missed something along the way - what is the "Quadriga", and how does it relate to Tartary? Very interested to hear about this, since I've seen similar things in the UK before (though perhaps not the same).
The Quadriga symbol is used on many Tartarian buildings around the world. Four horses (to symbolize the four ideals of the quadriga) with a griffin on top.

Much of the information that I've uncovered has been obtained metaphysically, so I won't really post that here. But the symbol itself is a part of a number of 'neo-classical' buildings and structures like Brandenburg Gate. Here's one at the now-Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow:

quadriga.jpg

welkyn

Reactions
Thanks for the info. I'll look around for Quadriga, both extant examples and in old photos...

trismegistus

Reactions
Here is a photo dump of snippets from this newpaper I found, which has a 20-30 page special report on the entire expo. Highly recommend reading the whole thing, there is a ton of info to parse through. There's a ton more pictures here but I thought I'd post some of the real head scratchers.

expo 1.JPGexpo 2.JPGexpo 3.JPGexpo 4.JPGexpo 5.JPGexpo 6.JPGexpo 7.JPGexpo 8.JPGexpo 9.JPGexpo 10.JPGexpo 11.JPGexpo 12.JPGexpo map.JPG

dreamtime

Reactions
Why do you equate everything of the old world with Tartary, a regionally confined kingdom, one of many?

OP
Qmeta

Qmeta

Reactions
Here is a photo dump of snippets from this newpaper I found, which has a 20-30 page special report on the entire expo. Highly recommend reading the whole thing, there is a ton of info to parse through. There's a ton more pictures here but I thought I'd post some of the real head scratchers.

View attachment 15378
Thanks. The first one looks very much like a griffin.
Post automatically merged:

Why do you equate everything of the old world with Tartary, a regionally confined kingdom, one of many?
And where has one 'equated everything of the old world with Tartary'?

Everything?
Post automatically merged:

'wont really'? whats up with that?
That is to say, I'm just posting things with photographic evidence.

sonoman

Reactions
That is to say, I'm just posting things with photographic evidence.
according to the record here so far, that is not what was written. lol

FWIW many do not automatically trust photographs, videos, hearsay, etc. without some sort of verifiable authentication.so its not as easy to accept such claims or make them either.

I am one of those folks Qmeta so please dont take it personal. extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs (not evidence but Proof)

I am interested in metaphysics also, so thats another reason I asked that.

dreamtime

Reactions
And where has one 'equated everything of the old world with Tartary'?
On your website you write of Tartary as a world spanning civilization, like you also seem to imply in this post that America was inhabited by Tartars..

OP
Qmeta

Qmeta

Reactions
according to the record here so far, that is not what was written. lol

FWIW many do not automatically trust photographs, videos, hearsay, etc. without some sort of verifiable authentication.so its not as easy to accept such claims or make them either.

I am one of those folks Qmeta so please dont take it personal. extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs (not evidence but Proof)

I am interested in metaphysics also, so thats another reason I asked that.
No worries. And I noticed quite a number of posts with images here (and on the web in general) that were said to be photographs but were actually drawings.

I made another post about this regarding the 'Frederick Douglas' photograph, which almost everyone assumes to be a photograph but which is actually a drawing.

2.jpg

There are a very large number of 'photographs' of the 19th century which are purported to be evidence, but are faked. Before considering it, I always analyze it to see if it has been manipulated (or is actually a photo). I think we question the validity of photographs about the 21st century, but assume that manipulation didn't happen in much earlier time periods.

If we only posted things with proofs, this forum would be very quiet indeed :)