Talos - first robot (Greek)

NJ1193

Reactions
Heard about Talos the first robot tonight while watching History Channel. Did some further research and came across this article: Talos, the Ancient Greek Humanoid Robot

“Talos’ body was made of bronze. He had a single vein that gave him life, starting from the neck and ending in his ankles. Instead of blood, molten metal flowed in his veins. In his ankle was a bronze nail which acted like a stopper to retain this life-giving liquid.”

Interesting - could this be more proof of a past technologically advanced civilization? I think this is just another piece to the coverup of our true history. I don’t think myths are entirely just made up, I think there’s at least some truth to be had in them.

Talos1.jpg

Very intriguing to me. Anyone else heard of this before? What are your thoughts?

PrincepAugus

Reactions
I know about Talos. However, I haven't seen anything else but myths when it comes to ancient Greek automatons.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I've heard about it a while ago. A very good reminder, thank you.

First thought of mine is when did we learn about this Talos robot? As in when the textual source of its existence was discovered? May be it's not as ancient as we are pushed to think of it.

We are so used to the way technology looks and operates today, that accepting that there could be totally different tech principles is often hard.

We have quite a few interesting tech wonders pertaining to the 18th century. I would not be surprised if this Talos had an opportunity to be made within a few hundreds of years from this date.

humanoidlord

Reactions
first we must remenber that anything greek is suspect due to the appearence of greek works during the victorian era