Symbolism of Velikovsky Explained

whitewave

Reactions
Remembering the End of the World. Also links to Thunderbolts info site.

spoiler alert It was a comet.

One guys search and research into the works of Velikovsky whom he set out to debunk. After studying the worlds' various myths, legends, and cultural memories and finding them to be similar in many respects began to realize they were all talking about a catastrophic astronomical event that changed the world as we once knew it. He describes the ancient 'gods' as planets and gives rather convincing evidence of his conclusions.

Brien Foerster corroborates the evidence in his 'Aftershock' video stating that the cataclysm happened about 12,000 years ago when the megafauna instantly died off. He references the works of "authorities" (PhD, archeologists, etc.).

I've always had trouble believing all the ancient stories of so-called gods as being god-like. They all seemed to have some serious un-godlike behavior which would make more sense if they were actually planets in collision rather than super beings/overlords.

It gives perspective to the golden age theory, global cataclysm, map-altering, polar ice, Noah's flood, disappearance of various humanoid beings that are no longer around and many other topics we ponder on this site. In the last minute or so he rather ruins the whole thing for me when he states that the period he speaks of is when humanity began which pretty much negates the hour and a half of video because who would have been around to record/remember all that if not human beings? If you reject that particular conclusion (of which he offers zero evidence) then it's a very convincing explanation of much of our ancient symbology.

Doesn't really explain how he came up with the 12,000 years ago unless he was relying on experts for that info so you can take that with a grain of salt too. Do you find his conclusions believable? Is it possible that our forebears were passing on the memory of events that happened in their life time rather than the usual story of "religious" artifacts? It makes more sense to me that the symbols reflect actual events rather than religious iconography. I don't think our ancestors spent every waking moment dreaming up religious concepts. I think they were practical, reasonable, pragmatic beings who dealt with daily events that concerned their immediate living. Kind of like we do today. Living in a golden age may have made them a little (or a lot) better at it than us but, people being people, tend to concern themselves mostly with just themselves.

An event of the magnitude spoken of in the first video would have left a deeply embedded genetic memory that would require those experiencing it to record for all posterity the intensity of the life-changing event. And they did it through symbols. We just needed to learn to translate their meaning.

esgee1

Reactions
Remembering the End of the World. Also links to Thunderbolts info site.

spoiler alert It was a comet.

One guys search and research into the works of Velikovsky whom he set out to debunk. After studying the worlds' various myths, legends, and cultural memories and finding them to be similar in many respects began to realize they were all talking about a catastrophic astronomical event that changed the world as we once knew it. He describes the ancient 'gods' as planets and gives rather convincing evidence of his conclusions.

Brien Foerster corroborates the evidence in his 'Aftershock' video stating that the cataclysm happened about 12,000 years ago when the megafauna instantly died off. He references the works of "authorities" (PhD, archeologists, etc.).

I've always had trouble believing all the ancient stories of so-called gods as being god-like. They all seemed to have some serious un-godlike behavior which would make more sense if they were actually planets in collision rather than super beings/overlords.

It gives perspective to the golden age theory, global cataclysm, map-altering, polar ice, Noah's flood, disappearance of various humanoid beings that are no longer around and many other topics we ponder on this site. In the last minute or so he rather ruins the whole thing for me when he states that the period he speaks of is when humanity began which pretty much negates the hour and a half of video because who would have been around to record/remember all that if not human beings? If you reject that particular conclusion (of which he offers zero evidence) then it's a very convincing explanation of much of our ancient symbology.

Doesn't really explain how he came up with the 12,000 years ago unless he was relying on experts for that info so you can take that with a grain of salt too. Do you find his conclusions believable? Is it possible that our forebears were passing on the memory of events that happened in their life time rather than the usual story of "religious" artifacts? It makes more sense to me that the symbols reflect actual events rather than religious iconography. I don't think our ancestors spent every waking moment dreaming up religious concepts. I think they were practical, reasonable, pragmatic beings who dealt with daily events that concerned their immediate living. Kind of like we do today. Living in a golden age may have made them a little (or a lot) better at it than us but, people being people, tend to concern themselves mostly with just themselves.

An event of the magnitude spoken of in the first video would have left a deeply embedded genetic memory that would require those experiencing it to record for all posterity the intensity of the life-changing event. And they did it through symbols. We just needed to learn to translate their meaning.
I think it's in the vein of geological researchers like Randall Carlson that he has come to the 12,000 years ago date. If you aren't aware of Randall Carlson, this video is a great start. There are visuals shown along with the interview to understand what he's talking about:

At about an hour and half in Randall touches upon the research of shock-synthesized hexagonal diamonds in the Younger Dryas boundary sediments, are only caused by intense heat and pressures of a cosmic impact. (This also gives the 12,000 years ago date as the Younger Dryas layer is c. 12,900 to c. 11,700 years):

He's done several interviews with Joe Rogan and I've found them to be a great way to hear and understand Randall Carlson's research.

Last edited:
OP
whitewave

whitewave

Reactions
Thanks for that esgee1. I'm just now getting into watching youtube videos so there's a lot of popular youtubers I've never encountered. The first ones I saw years ago were so stupid and inane I just never went back to watching them. They were kind of the MTV of the internet at the time. (Sorry if you're an MTV fan). :)

If you watched the video I posted he explains that the planets were lined up and created a different picture in the sky than what we now see but they got off their orbits, broke apart into their current orbits, earth experienced cataclysmic upheaval and that's how we wound up with the global symbology of wheels, sundiscs, etc. (Greatly simplified synopsis). They are representations of what the sky looked like at one time. No way to verify any of that, of course, but it sounded as plausible as any of the other stories we've been told about history or astronomy.

Thanks for the link.

esgee1

Reactions
Thanks for that esgee1. I'm just now getting into watching youtube videos so there's a lot of popular youtubers I've never encountered. The first ones I saw years ago were so stupid and inane I just never went back to watching them. They were kind of the MTV of the internet at the time. (Sorry if you're an MTV fan). :)

If you watched the video I posted he explains that the planets were lined up and created a different picture in the sky than what we now see but they got off their orbits, broke apart into their current orbits, earth experienced cataclysmic upheaval and that's how we wound up with the global symbology of wheels, sundiscs, etc. (Greatly simplified synopsis). They are representations of what the sky looked like at one time. No way to verify any of that, of course, but it sounded as plausible as any of the other stories we've been told about history or astronomy.

Thanks for the link.
You're very welcome. Youtube can be a great place for learning and expanding ones horizons. But there's a lot of "junk" videos/channels you have to wade through.

In addition to Thunderbolts Project and Brien Foerster I recommend these high quality video channels:
GeoCosmic REX (Randall Carlson)
Sacred Geometry Int (Randall Carlson)
Brady Haran's Science Channels
Sylvie @ New Earth (I like her voice, and her videos are of interesting (mostly) ancient subjects. She also travels to locations of old ruins and posts videos of those expeditions.)

Some of my favorite videos:
Symbols of An Alien Sky #1 (Thunderbolts Project)
Symbols of An Alien Sky #2 The Lightning Scarred Planet, Mars (Thunderbolts Project)
Symbols of An Alien Sky #3 The Electric Comet (Thunderbolts Project)
Lost Ancient Technology Of Egypt Before The Pharaohs, Part 1 (Brien Foerster)
Lost Ancient Technology Of Egypt Before The Pharaohs, Part 2 (Brien Foerster)
The Catastrophe Of 12,000 Years Ago That Erased History (Brien Foerster)
Lost History Of Humanity Playlist (Brien Foerster)
Italy Expedition 2018 (Sylvie @ New Earth) Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
Spring Expeditions 2018 (Sylvie @ New Earth) Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
Italy Expedition 2016 Playlist (Sylvie @ New Earth)
Spain Expedition 2016 Playlist (Sylvie @ New Earth)
Thunderbolts of the Gods (Thunderbolts Project)
Remembering the End of the World (Thunderbolts Project)

This channel is just for fun (he's like a modern day Art Bell). He does a great job with the videos:
Secure Team

Cheers!

Last edited:

Gerardgeert

Reactions
@esgee1, those newearth’s aye......like freaking amateurs ripping open the veil of cgi-docu-addiction(just mindblowing)

@whitewave, 👨🏻‍🎤rule 👍🏼......i try to go deeper by looking for the simplest(origin)

You probably know that i mentioned theosophy a couple of times on this site.......but very little intrest, or atleast no true connection as in helping me to dig deeper
Somewhere in the whole subject it states about a race of “mind over matter” beings, who build all of the megalithic-sites
And as a thunderbolt i like the thought; because of plasma/eather, what would make the fysical connection possible(for me atleast 🙃)

So i could imagine that there must have been a proces of making more and more elaberate structures(ending-up in the complexity of india).... and the simplest may have been the dolmens

I just love thinking about this subject, it just gets me into a sort of Mandela-effect kind of state......it just goes on and on, as if the whole earth is a construct by itself(what i believed allready, but it just seems to be more intelligent than just the slow-motion of the evolution theory)

But to keep myself from rambling on; theosophy is for me a sort of veil-keeper, so i just like to refere to it as an investigation-site
And for the dolmens; i think this may have happend before the “worlds in collision” event, pointed-out by the thunderbolts-group

I hope you liked the video

Red Bird

Reactions
I’ll listen to this-in my neighborhood. As for theosophy I don’t remember your posts but I consider Theosphy to be the last century’s (and the one before) versionof the bad guys.

As for Velikosky, I always think, ‘lies, damn lies and statistics’. Good info but he was too in love with his method.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Searching Symbology 17