St. Elmo's Fire

HulkSmash

Reactions
Our money, is really just based on perception. Our money is the electricity, the energy in our economic system, right?

trismegistus

Reactions
Electricity can be felt without being electricuted even today (not just static) A few years ago I walked near a power line in a damp atmosphere and wet ground and when I touched my sons face I could litteraly feel the charge, his skin felt like highly charged rubber.
Piggy backing off of this, last year I was parked in my car during a typical Texas thunderstorm. By typical, I mean ferocious and lasts approximately 15-30 minutes.

I'm not sure where the lightning struck, but if it was less than 50 yards away from me I wouldn't have been surprised. It felt like reality itself was warping around me, the reverberations shook my windows and I could feel it in my bones. All the hair on my body stood up, and adrenaline immediately started rushing through me.

Perhaps anecdotal, but for the next 24 hours I felt different. I was disciplined enough to have been going to the gym at the time, and I felt like a man possessed during that particular session, like I had some sort of super powers. It faded away eventually, but it was a very visceral and real experience.
Being in the presence of such things can and will affect you in misunderstood ways, at least misunderstood in a modern context. I can't say I wish it would happen again, but I could see where harnessing that power could create intended effects.