St. Elmo's Fire

Aldebaran

Reactions
After being a member of this great community for a quite a while now, one mystery that always intrigued me, are the many antenna's, sphires, domes, poles (always without flags) that can be seen on top of churches, minarets, temples, mansions, palaces, cathedrals, mosques, city halls, post offices, train stations, museums etc. etc. on 19th and early 20th century photos...

There has been a lot of speculation about the function of these "rods" and their sophisticated designs. You'll see many flag poles (99% of the time without any flags) & strange rods/antenna's, everywhere and always on photo's of buildings from around the year 1900 and before that time, everywhere in the world, in every city, and country.
The most obvious and straightforward "explanation" for all these elaborate designed "spires, antenna's, and "flag" poles on all these buildings is the "lightning rod" function, invented by Benjamin Franklin in 1749 according to the main "worldview" or general consensus...

Lightning rods or flag poles, are the most obvious reasons, however, it doesn't make any sense to me, to have 4 or more lightning rods (with different designs) or flagpoles on a building closely grouped together or on every corner/centre always with some symetrical or other logical pattern....

antennas.jpg

Taken from: Paleis voor Volksvlijt Jacob Olie
The almost exact same type of"rod" as the ones seen on the left & right on the picture above (building in Amsterdam, 1890 ) can be found on the top of the Mormon temple/Tabernacle in Salt Lake city Utah, see for instance: link
Also on the photo's of the "1878 Panorama of San Francisco from California Street Hill" you can find the same type of rods... I think you're able to find them everywhere in the world on photo's from buildings pre 1900, (New York "gilded mansions, estates in the UK etc. etc.). So my question is, can the community here help to get more examples & info about this + find out what the manufacturer(s) are/were + the function(s) of these specific type of rods?

This would be highly appreciated..

My own explanation and apparent reason (for now) is the usage of "harvesting" of the so called St. Elmo's fire phenomenon, this to me seems to make at least some "sense"

This is being discussed in the thread `What are minarets really for?" please read this too...

What really convinced me is this picture I found on the site:

coney island at night.JPG

I'm not sure who posted this anymore, I lost the "thread" where this was posted (please help to find more info about this pic, it really fascinates me).... but this for sure isn't any "electric" lamp, could be a "gas" or oil lamp, but the brightness or type of light depicted, seems not to go along with this explanation, this feels more like a "force of nature" .... or natural occuring "phenomenon".... Looking at the ladder and the reaction of the folks in the drawing, they seem to be "proud" of it, and feel completely "fine" with the light.... if this would be a oil or gas type of "light" I don't think everybody would be swimming so close to it (with their kids) and being so "relaxed' about it... Obviously they had some deeper knowledge about it, since they could "generate" it at will & use it for some night time "swimming" event....

What do other people think of this??? Please let me know!

Now about the "Flag poles"

Here you see just a random photo of a street in Tblisi, Georgia from pre- 1900 :

166_800.jpg

Way to many "antenna"s or "flag poles"... these are no lightning rods or flag poles, it just doesn't make any sense.... You can find 1000's of photo's like these in any city, country, continent, just check out this website for 100's of similar pictures....

For sure they have some "function" & my only reasonable explanation is that these poles& rods are somehow able to "generate" a natural phenomenon, which is St. Elmo's Fire or closely related ( Ball lightning?), Just being able to generate "light" was very valuable before the electrification of cities (1900+)

This article is interesting to read : Atmospheric Electricity Generation: Is this “true energy” the sleeping giant of renewables? – Land Art Generator, but the company behind it seems to be gone already....

More info about St. Elmo's fire can be found here:

What is St. Elmo's Fire?

Saint Elmo's fire | atmospheric phenomenon

"What causes the strange glow known as St. Elmo's Fire? Is this phenomenon related to ball lightning?"

More pics: this is St. Elmo's fire happening on top of the exact same Spire that got destroyed with the fire of the Notre Dame du Paris! (hint, hint)

illustration-showing-st-elmos-fire-on-the-tip-of-the-cross-on-notre-dame-cathedral-paris-1891-...jpg

elmo2.jpg

engraving-depicting-st-elmos-fire-appearing-on-the-masts-and-spars-of-a-sailing-ship-dated-19t...jpg

I'll end my story with this video:

(could be fake ofcourse, but apparently the St. Elmo's fire phenomenon also produces a sound & other examples of this phenomenon have the same color of light + birds fly in front of it, this is very difficult to fake, even with advanced film editing software & skills...)

Please help with this, any idea, picture, explanation, logic, idea surrounding the "concept" outlined above, would mean a lot to me, I highly appreciate your time & effort for looking into this idea more in-depth. Lots of Karma power, eternal glory, & the blessings of all gods & deities in the universe (I'm an atheist and a bit drunk by now... but what the hell) for you & your family for shedding some light on this theory... IOU!
Thanks so much!

Last edited:

milhaus

Reactions
Awesome stuff! This seems to make a lot of sense & is related to the concept (look at the "sun"/light symbols above the columns) Thank you! This picture clearly tries to "hint" to this phenomenon, In my eyes... Made my day! Brilliant...
Well, I'm glad it made your day. I think the imagery might be deliberate to Jacob's Ladder but if I had another guess it would be that it is a torch and the ladder is there in case it needs to be lit again.

By the way, found this interesting building while looking at Coney Island (I can't find where the beach picture is from yet)

New York circa 1905. “Main tower, Luna Park, Coney Island.”​

Here are some threads that you might like:
Pagodas, what were they?
What are minarets really for?
Atmospheric electricity, the suppresed free energy of the ancients?

milhaus

Reactions
Last edited:

Paracelsus

Reactions
Based on what Tesla said about "radiant electricity" is that it gives off "whitish fire" and causes copper wiring to disintegrate or explode. His system uses reflectors and cathode ray tubes as opposed to spires, but it's pretty much the same concept of transmission and reception.
US685958A - Method of utilizing radiant energy. - Google Patents

Link

He was one of the last notable hold-outs in Æther physics. Ultimately, he was looking to create apparatus that dealt directly with the Æther, and may have done it with his flying apparatus. The characteristics he described it having is that it behaved almost like a liquid/gas.

Timeshifter

Reactions
My father, and paternal grandfather always reffered to these as lightening rods. Their was no question at least they had been led to believe so (grandfather born 1915) I will have a conversation with my father about these asap. My grandfather was a keen ham radio operator (has been a radio op in ww2) and had a huge 40ft mast in his garden. I always remember this being earthed, nothing strange there, I wish I had asked him more when he was alive.

In many images, it appears almost as there's a rod(s) for each roof, or at least a roof of importance (religion, money) indicating something more than a decorative use, to me at least.

The theory that somehow our atmosphere has undergone some significant change at some point, probably within the last 200 years would appear to hold much merit. Perhaps these rods/ collectors/ could harness whatever was in the atmosphere and have simply become useless. Current mainstream science is investigating these things backwards, asuming electricy has to be created, not extracted, if you see what I mean?

Perhaps the St Elmos fire phenomonom is a leftover from what was there prior to an atmosperic change? Maybe the previous atmosphere was less volotile, the electriity highly usefull and no at all dangerous. Maybe as others have suggested it possibly had healing powers, or gave off positive vibes? Maybe it was not used for power at all, or maybe power was a side affect, and it was mainly used for wellbeing? Perhaps that explains the delight and wonder of people swimming next to it?

manhattan-beach-1800s-electric-night_1_f0806226477a658373cbdd157b75fbd6.jpg

Electricity can be felt without being electricuted even today (not just static) A few years ago I walked near a power line in a damp atmosphere and wet ground and when I touched my sons face I could litteraly feel the charge, his skin felt like highly charged rubber.

I do not think we can fully understand this tech as the ball park has changed. Until we can show without doubt that the atmosphere has significantly changed since the use of such rods, we are going to be guessing.

My best guess, everything is energy (probably holographic/ simulation) If we can tap in to the right freqencies we can solve anything.

Perhaps we are existing in a new frequency post - reset, and anything pre - reset will still work, we just cannot align with its frequency.

Maxine

Reactions
Based on what Tesla said about "radiant electricity" is that it gives off "whitish fire" and causes copper wiring to disintegrate or explode. His system uses reflectors and cathode ray tubes as opposed to spires, but it's pretty much the same concept of transmission and reception.
And there was whitish fire when Notre-Dame spire was burning! Wow you're onto something here! I wonder if they intentionally cause that spire antiquetech to malfunction and that's how this fire started, white fire! And that's what "restoration" workers were actually doing there.

HulkSmash

Reactions
Fascinating concept Aldebaran! Thanks for this thread. I think the information in this site has made it very evident that Aether energy was just plain normal and world wide. I bet the determination that energy for common people had to be metered, was THE main reason for the civilization to get wiped out of history, and Notre Dame is the most current example of this. This free energy culture was everywhere, on all continents. If we had free energy like that, and didn't have to pay for it, just think of how different our society would be. Almost every single struggle we have now is because of energy metering. It would change the entire economic model. Betcha the previous culture had an entirely different kind of economy that wasn't based on lack. I bet the standard of living was better for all. I bet the winners/writers/destroyers of history have made it seem like life was super hard and most people died early. Since we really can't take anyone's word for it, I bet quality of life was better and happier.

It just occurred to me the root of the word Fascinating is fasces, no? Wonder if fasces were hand held generators of the St Elmo's Fire?
Post automatically merged:

I also just thought about Christmas trees. I bet the 'star' at the top was St. Elmo's Fire....thoughts?
Post automatically merged:

"Holly trees were traditionally known for protection from lightning strikes, to which end they were planted near a house. In European mythology, holly was associated with thunder gods such as Thor and Taranis. We now know that the spines on the distinctively-shaped holly leaves can act as miniature lightning conductors, thereby protecting the tree and other nearby objects. Modern science occasionally catches up with an explanation for what may previously have been dismissed as superstitious lore! "

Wonder if the bundles of wood in a fasces was from the Holly tree...

Last edited:

RecycledSoul

Reactions
Well, I'm glad it made your day. I think the imagery might be deliberate to Jacob's Ladder but if I had another guess it would be that it is a torch and the ladder is there in case it needs to be lit again.

By the way, found this interesting building while looking at Coney Island (I can't find where the beach picture is from yet)

View attachment 20429
New York circa 1905. “Main tower, Luna Park, Coney Island.”​

Here are some threads that you might like:
Pagodas, what were they?
What are minarets really for?
Atmospheric electricity, the suppresed free energy of the ancients?
Bears a slight resemblance to the monument in downtown Indianapolis:
indy soldier sailor monument - Bing images

OP
Aldebaran

Aldebaran

Reactions
A bit more "reference" material (photos) for everybody to look at, you'll be able to find much much more of this "antenna" stuff in (religious) buildings across the world....

Attachments

Last edited:

difference

Reactions
If you ever come to Belgium, you'll be surprised to see how many these things are still up on roofs. I've attached a few random examples from my photo archive. I'd like to mention that it's not only big outstanding buildings that have the "rodes", - much smaller houses have them as well.

IMG_4764.JPGIMG_6300.JPGIMG_6718.JPGIMG_6792.JPGIMG_6805.JPGIMG_6929.JPG

I've also noticed that some "rodes" have been cut off. Sometimes, the shape of a roof acts like an indicator that something's missing. Below is not a perfect example, yet, in my opinion, still a good one.

IMG_6366.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Aldebaran

Aldebaran

Reactions
I also just thought about Christmas trees. I bet the 'star' at the top was St. Elmo's Fire....thoughts?

"Holly trees were traditionally known for protection from lightning strikes, to which end they were planted near a house. In European mythology, holly was associated with thunder gods such as Thor and Taranis. We now know that the spines on the distinctively-shaped holly leaves can act as miniature lightning conductors, thereby protecting the tree and other nearby objects. Modern science occasionally catches up with an explanation for what may previously have been dismissed as superstitious lore! "

Wonder if the bundles of wood in a fasces was from the Holly tree...
Thank you very much, you are right this electrical phenomenon is related and is called (Red) Sprite, confirmed in 1989 by scientists from the University of Minnesota, they resemble or look like trees in a forrest & often occur above forrests.... I was not aware of this electrical phenomenon untill today.... it's not well understood or studied yet, see: Red Sprites and Blue Jets

redsprite1.jpgredsprite2.jpg

Last edited:

HulkSmash

Reactions
There seems to be so much that doesn't have the proper enough reference on, right? So many phenomena we observe just seems to get marginalized, compartmentalized. It's sad really. I bet this phenomena known as red sprites, blue jets, ball electricity, St Elmo's Fire, is real. Well I know it's real. There seems to be enough 'circumstantial' evidence to prove it, in my book. It's just the perception amongst the 'majority' on any issue, is what seems to become the 'truth' and that seems to be the real target in the information war/grand narrative. Create the majority perception. Perception, an ethereal thing in and of itself. Dirty Media.

Paracelsus

Reactions
My father, and paternal grandfather always reffered to these as lightening rods. Their was no question at least they had been led to believe so (grandfather born 1915) I will have a conversation with my father about these asap. My grandfather was a keen ham radio operator (has been a radio op in ww2) and had a huge 40ft mast in his garden. I always remember this being earthed, nothing strange there, I wish I had asked him more when he was alive.

In many images, it appears almost as there's a rod(s) for each roof, or at least a roof of importance (religion, money) indicating something more than a decorative use, to me at least.

The theory that somehow our atmosphere has undergone some significant change at some point, probably within the last 200 years would appear to hold much merit. Perhaps these rods/ collectors/ could harness whatever was in the atmosphere and have simply become useless. Current mainstream science is investigating these things backwards, asuming electricy has to be created, not extracted, if you see what I mean?

Perhaps the St Elmos fire phenomonom is a leftover from what was there prior to an atmosperic change? Maybe the previous atmosphere was less volotile, the electriity highly usefull and no at all dangerous. Maybe as others have suggested it possibly had healing powers, or gave off positive vibes? Maybe it was not used for power at all, or maybe power was a side affect, and it was mainly used for wellbeing? Perhaps that explains the delight and wonder of people swimming next to it?

Electricity can be felt without being electricuted even today (not just static) A few years ago I walked near a power line in a damp atmosphere and wet ground and when I touched my sons face I could litteraly feel the charge, his skin felt like highly charged rubber.

I do not think we can fully understand this tech as the ball park has changed. Until we can show without doubt that the atmosphere has significantly changed since the use of such rods, we are going to be guessing.

My best guess, everything is energy (probably holographic/ simulation) If we can tap in to the right freqencies we can solve anything.

Perhaps we are existing in a new frequency post - reset, and anything pre - reset will still work, we just cannot align with its frequency.
There appears to be two suns in the sky currently.

Further on that note, light appears "whiter" than when I was a kid. Going back in time sunlight appeared more "yellowish," or even sepia toned. Time also seemed "slower," and people were far less manic in general.

It may come off as an asshole thing to say, but, it seems as though certain people are more susceptible to chronological aging. Not in the whole idiom of "whoa, you aged like shit!" But, electromagnetically, they have less energetic shielding from ionizing radiation.