Single photo: Native American Republican Association

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Wanted to see what discussion this allegedly 1849 and 1844 ribbons could generate. The Native American Party , renamed the American Party in 1855 and commonly known as the Know Nothing movement, was an American political party that operated nationally in the mid-1850s.

What was their understanding of "Native" in 1849, and who were the "Natives?"

Kansas

Reactions
The official version I was always taught was that the early settlers (nw european protestants) saw it as their land and in the 1830s and 1840s immigration exploded with catholics from Germany and Ireland.... the huge numbers of german and dutch protestants didnt like the german catholics and the english didn’t want the Irish... fearing catholic influence on political discourse, the “native” population banded together. I believe this movement is mentioned in the film “gangs of new york”

JWW427

Reactions
I concur.
The Native movement was just another way to divide the nation into caste system subgroups.
The status quo PTB at the time engineered this tactic as a standard procedure in case one ethnic group obtained too much power.
Taminy Hall in NYC rigged all elections.
White Protestants and the illuminati ruled all.
To me this confirms that the Committee of 300 families in the USA are beholden to the British royals in secret, and the UK finance system.
JWW

jd755

Reactions
Using Gibiru and startpage.

Aaah something intriguing.

From here; Blog: A History Minute: The 1844 Nativist Riots in Philadelphia

in 1843 newspaper editor Lewis Levin helped found the American Republican Association (later renamed the Native American Party).

From here; The First Jewish Congressman

Lewis Charles Levin was the first Jew elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. He was the American Party candidate from Pennsylvania in 1844. He was born in Charleston South Carolina, on November 10, 1808. He graduated from South Carolina College (now the University of South Carolina) with a law degree. He was a founder of the Native American Party and published and edited the Philadelphia Daily Sun.

Lawyers check, religion check, politics check, Pennsylvania check, stir up trouble check, push division check, one would almost think nothing has changed!

From here; archives.nypl.org -- American Republican Association of Locust Ward, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania records

These papers of the American Republican Association of Locust Ward, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania include minutes of proceedings held between December 15, 1843 and November 3, 1845; two letters dated 1845 from Thompson Westcott, the Association's corresponding secretary; and accompanying pamphlets, broadsides, and other printed material. This printed material includes "A graphic account of the alarming riots at St. Mary's Church in April of 1822" (published June 1844); the report of a committee to draft a delegate system for Philadelphia with manuscript additions and corrections; "Important testimony connected with Native American principles" (published in Philadelphia, 1845); an address from the Native American National Convention, July 1845; a Native American election ticket, 1847; and the Constitution of the Sons of America

From here; Address of the delegates of the Native American national convention,

A readable scan of "Important testimony connected with Native American principles" (published in Philadelphia, 1845)

Too much to copy out but this bit stood out
privileges wisely reserved to Natives of the soil
An odd choice of words, unless they meant anyone born on the land of America as opposed to born on other land.

The gist is they were complaining about the United States becoming overrun with the 'wrong sort' of immigrant and clearly not all Natives of the soil were the same.

A long list of names at the bottom of the document. None stand out for me but for American people there may be some of note.

That document seems to have upset the Roman Catholic Church, boohoo, as it features in this long list of "Anti Catholicism" works Browse subject: Anti-Catholicism | The Online Books Page

All roads lead to Rome as in the Rome featured in the bibles, there are so many of the things.
From here;This certifies that [blank] is a member of the Native American Republican Association of Philadelphia

06787v.jpg

Now it gets too funny, funny peculiar and hilariously funny.
As the LOC page suggest the producer of the certificate was Washington Lafayette Germon so I goes looking for info on him, cos my suspicion is he was a 'low quality' European immigrant of the type the Natives were gunning for and whaadya know there is another "Washington Lafayette" whose life was identical in start and finish dates as Washington Lafayette Germon, George Washington Lafayette Fox,

There is no such thing as coincidence in my book. I guess their parents had heard of or seen this Lafayette; The Marquis de La Fayette -- The Son George Washington Never Had - Archiving Early America

Anyway back to the Germon one. Precious little about him really. Seems his business was struggling in 1846; Section 4: A Walk along Chestnut Street
McClees and Germon had become partners in 1846 when James McClees ended his business relationship with Montgomery Simons, and rather than follow his initial plan of joining Thomas P. Collins’s studio, instead joined forces with his friend Washington Lafayette Germon, who was struggling in an unsuccessful daguerreotype business with lithographer John Frampton Watson.

Cannot find anything earlier than this.

VonKitty

Reactions
Most of what I’m finding discusses the riots which were primarily the result of a disagreement on what version of the Bible to read in school, and which ultimately led to the creation of the Catholic school system.

Nativists and Philadelphia’s Anti-Catholic Riots of 1844
On May 3, 1844, members of a political organization called the American Republican Party — known as “nativists” because they favored the rights of those born here over those of immigrants — held a public rally in Kensington, where many of the Irish Catholics had settled. Local residents took umbrage and attacked the platform where the nativists were speechifying. The nativists fled, but three days later they returned — thousands of them. Fights, predictably, broke out between them and the Irish Catholics. Somebody started shooting from the windows of buildings. Several nativists were killed, inciting their mob to attack the Seminary of the Sisters of Charity and a few local homes. Two more nativists died, and dozens of people were injured.

More on the riots:
The Native American Movement of 1844 and the Philadelphia Riots
Nativist Riots of 1844 | Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia

JWW427

Reactions
The fasces on the above certificate may represent the Masonic twin pillars.
I smell the Freemasons in this.
Divide an conquer by all means expedient.

Indeed, the Nativists could be representative of the old Columbians. Were they extra tall? Red-haired?

The quote above by Vonkitty has me thinking of the Charlottesville VA Neo-Nazi riot.
Destraction, division, violence, racism, politics. Rinse and repeat.
What has changed?
JWW

Last edited:

anotherlayer

Reactions
From what I learned from 'Gangs of New York' is that the natives considered themselves the "first to arrive". I do not believe they referred to themselves as having been in America since before dawn. Bill The Butcher talks about how his father fought the British as part of the revolutionary.

But... that was merely a fantastic movie, hollywood style.

Banta

Reactions
Well, if this is what TPTB were able to pull off... that's pretty ingenious. Substitution is the name of the game, I guess.
It's keyword hijacking and pure confusion. Think about the generation born in the "USA" in the 1810s and 1820s... Native Americans too, right?

Making sure that everything has more than one meaning it seems is the main obstacle to the truth.

Starmonkey

Reactions
Fasces must be the root of FASCISTS. Rule by power. To hell with the people. Use em up, we'll make more!
If we could learn to keep our pants on, we'd ruin their constant supply.
If the world could get annihilated down to two billion people in 1850, and we're already cresting EIGHT BILLION or more in less than two hundred years...

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I don’t know who counted, but it was 1.2 bil in 1850. Under 1bil in 1800, and 700 mil in 1750. So much for the bad medicine and stuff. They just doubled in 100 years.

I have a different graph in mind.

Recognition

Reactions
Wanted to see what discussion this allegedly 1849 and 1844 ribbons could generate. The Native American Party , renamed the American Party in 1855 and commonly known as the Know Nothing movement, was an American political party that operated nationally in the mid-1850s.

What was their understanding of "Native" in 1849, and who were the "Natives?"

Gotta love how the banner is shredded at the bottom, and 1849 is penned in. Lol. Bet there was some interesting stuff/dates that were purposely removed.

Kansas

Reactions
Fasces must be the root of FASCISTS. Rule by power. To hell with the people. Use em up, we'll make more!
If we could learn to keep our pants on, we'd ruin their constant supply.
If the world could get annihilated down to two billion people in 1850, and we're already cresting EIGHT BILLION or more in less than two hundred years...
Seems like the wrong people are taking their pants off and the wrong ones are keeping them on... idiocracy in action!