Single photo: Hurricane Florence from Space

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Let's not mix everything into one pile please. If a separate topic for these Boston Fires is warranted, please create one.

Going back to the Florence, that sure was some seriously massive evacuation.

OP
Dirigible

Dirigible

Reactions
I live in the SE, over in Atlanta... Skies are already weird and lines up with a hurricane being in the area and outer bands hitting us.

I'll pay attention to the conditions vs radar, but I do believe their is a major storm on the coast.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Strange, especially considering where Atlanta is. Florence has been downgraded to Cat 1, and the video does not even account for Cat 1.

whitewave

Reactions
Second time Boston has been evacuated. First time they searched house to house ( no warrants). Wonder what we'll get this time?

OP
Dirigible

Dirigible

Reactions
Strange, especially considering where Atlanta is. Florence has been downgraded to Cat 1, and the video does not even account for Cat 1.

Can't just look at the radar, got to look at the clouds being pushed out of the outflow from the eye, SW quadrant pushing clouds our way.

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 9.20.56 AM.png

LordAverage

Reactions

360 VR video 30 KM up posted on /r/space. They say it gives an interesting perspective on the curvature.

Here is what they say about 'post-production'

It's been stabilised in post-production, which took bloody hours. Mechanical stabilisation is on our agenda but the additional weight increased launch costs exponentially - needs a bigger balloon and more gas to achieve similar altitudes/ascent rates.

We stabilised it in postproduction, it's painstakingly manually keyframed to track the horizon. This video is only short but it took about 14 hours to edit and that's not including time taken to stitch and export.
I'd like to see the raw footage but i'm sure that would never be possible to get your hands on from them.

Done by a gopro camera, go figure.

Ice Nine

Reactions
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That’s some funny stuff there. Unfortunately we do not always have such a great point of reference as those dudes walking in the background.
Maybe that weatherman is doing some sort of leg exercise that entails rocking back and forth.

I haven't watched any TV/weather today so I don't know what is going on with the storm. Locally we have been having some mighty loud cracks of thunder these last few days, last night the sky was lighting up like crazy. I love to sit on the porch and watch it.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
While rainy conditions in the state of Washington is somewhat of a norm for certain times of the year, this timely weather pattern coincidence is interesting.

OP
Dirigible

Dirigible

Reactions
One thing I noticed... The day before landfall all the way through today (in Atlanta) the sky has been more vividly blue than it has since I can even remember... I'm getting older, so my memory might be going, but this sky reminds me of my childhood... Normally, it's a very washed out blue.

It's absolutely beautiful, I haven't said that about the sky in a long time.

IMG_20180917_142348.jpg

MinLo66

Reactions
I'm going to provide minimal commentary on these 3 photos (last two are from ISS) other than... Are you shitting me.

View attachment 8741View attachment 8742View attachment 8743
Nothing more than minimal commentary necessary, friend.

These mandatory evacuations they are so fond of enforcing before these highly touted by the MSM as "life-threatening" "high-death-count-likely" and "mass-loss-of-life-probable" weather events are probably/definitely practice drills to gauge the level of difficulty they will have when the time comes to permanently remove the citizens from their homes and real property. Oh, and most certainly to compile a list of individuals who do not comply or otherwise follow orders of The Federal Government.