Single photo: Hurricane Florence from Space

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
The picture definitely suggests that it is either entirely fake, or have been seriously tampered with. Was it allegedly taken from ISS?

Been wondering for a while now, how much "natural" these is in all of those natural disasters. Not necessarily meaning some hidden tech available to certain forces. Could it be some sort of mechanical process, like a temporary exhaust, or something of sorts, if the Earth is an artificially created terrarium.

LordAverage

In all these pics of earth from space the clouds throw me off.

Hurricane messing with clouds aside i always seem to see more clouds in the sky than what is visible from space. Can probably be explained but i'm sure i'm not the only one here who gets a funny feeling that pics from space do not match our own observations in many ways.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I have no clue what this hurricane might look like from Space (if there is one), but we definitely have enough reasons to question the provided images.

dreamtime

There is until this day not a single image of earth that is not made up. The only thing NASA can really do is make partial images with satellites and merge them later. Everything else is simply a simulation, and that includes most of the clouds they insert afterwards. Satellite images can not include coherent images of clouds because they are created at different times and only later put together. I remember someone analyzed some images of "earth from space" and found out that some clouds were just copies from other clouds, so they have a set of different clouds and just copy and paste.

When they show us "fotos from ISS" on twitter it is actually imagery done from planes even. That's why everything appears so close.

gerst.png

Left: Simulated Earth based on satellite data
Right: Actual photograph from airplane or satellite

LordAverage

Couldn't help myself, that curvature is so ridiculous, I decided to overlay a perfect circle to see how big the globe would be.... thoughts?

Based on this picture alone, Florence takes up about a 1/3 of the globe.

View attachment 8819
"its probably the lens dummy, you know the ISS and NASA can't take any old regular type of pic"
"its just like distortion of light or something bruh trust me it's perfectly fine"

Thanks for the overlaid circle, really shows how silly it looks to an even greater extent.

The surface area of the storm is supposedly somewhere about 283,000 square kilometers.
Source

A quick google search shows the surface area of earth is 510 million square kilometres. Take into account ANYTHING you possibly can (other side of the globe, distortion etc.) and even throw some leniency to the above ISS window pic and it still is nowhere near accurate right. For the dimensions to be accurate wouldn't this "circle" shape have to be extremely different haha.

whitewave

Having a conspirators mind and seeing these pics of grossly exaggerated storm size I'm wondering what's actually happening that required evacuation of 1 million people from the east coast? Wasn't Florence supposed to have made landfall by now?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
News say this is one of the worst hurricanes to hit the East Coast in a very long time. And thats Cat 2. The landfall allegedly took place. Weird that the below live feed from Fox shows pretty calm seas. At least at this very moment.

Apollyon

News say this is one of the worst hurricanes to hit the East Coast in a very long time. Snd thats Cat 2. The landfall allegedly took place. Weird that the below live feed from Fox shows pretty calm seas. At least at this very moment.

Such calm very weird
Having a conspirators mind and seeing these pics of grossly exaggerated storm size I'm wondering what's actually happening that required evacuation of 1 million people from the east coast? Wasn't Florence supposed to have made landfall by now?
What indeed
Dozens of fires and explosions are burning homes near Boston, forcing evacuations - BuzzFeed News
Dozens of fires and explosions are burning homes near Boston, forcing evacuations — BuzzFeed News