Single photo: Berlin 1910 vs. 2018

JustWow

Reactions
This is precisely the sentiment Joni Mitchell was warning us about...
Ok I admit it- I don't what you are referring to _ I know who she is, of course, but please tell me what she said. :)
Interesting transformation we have here. I’ll just leave it at that.

Berlin 1910 vs. 2018
View attachment 15037
Source: CulturalLayer
This makes me sick to my stomach and gives me the same depressing hopelessness I feel when I have to go to Walmart and almost every person I see there looks terribly unhealthy, and, I am not being mean, not very smart with their shopping carts filled with soda and all kinds of fake food.

Dandi

Reactions
Does anyone have any info about the area where it was pictured? It looks like a U bahn track but Berlin being so big I have no idea where it is. I live in Berlin and would love to pass by to take some pics :)
____
UPDATE: found an article about it, I'll pass by over the weekend to take some pics of the Obelisk and the fountain, maybe I get some details.

When Nollendorfplatz was Berlin's loveliest U-Bahn station

Last edited:

Timeshifter

Reactions
Absolute seismic shift. Why the hell would any sane person destroy that beauty and replace it with that horror?
If this doesn't prick ears up nothing will. There must have been some sinister reason for destroying those buildings.
Wow! :rolleyes::oops:

NorthHeavens

Reactions
Does anyone have any info about the area where it was pictured? It looks like a U bahn track but Berlin being so big I have no idea where it is. I live in Berlin and would love to pass by to take some pics :)
____
UPDATE: found an article about it, I'll pass by over the weekend to take some pics of the Obelisk and the fountain, maybe I get some details.

When Nollendorfplatz was Berlin's loveliest U-Bahn station
That U infront Bahn stands for Undergroundtrain, but that before right and correct spell was "Hochbahn", that is translated Hightrain, or Highlane.