Single photo: 1888 Ponce de Leon Hotel in Florida

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
What do you think about this hotel? What are those antenna looking things, as well as those balls on the, supposedly, flag poles? What about them "decorative?" wire art on the park entrance miniature pillars? What else do you see? Wiki

The Ponce de Leon Hotel, also known as The Ponce, was an exclusive luxury hotel in St. Augustine, Florida, built by millionaire developer and Standard Oil co-founder Henry M. Flagler and completed in 1888. The hotel was designed in the Spanish Renaissance style as the first major project of the New York architecture firm Carrère & Hastings, which would go on to gain world renown.

The hotel was the first of its kind constructed entirely of poured concrete, using the local coquina stone as aggregate. The hotel was also one of the first buildings in the country wired for electricity from the onset, with the power being supplied by DC generators installed by Flagler's friend, Thomas Edison.

The original building and grounds of the hotel are today a part of Flagler College.

High Quality Image
Ponce De Leon Hotel.jpg

whitewave

There's 6 pedestrians and 4 buggies-must be a busy morning. :)

humanoidlord

its amazing how much of these buildings have russian style domes in them
hell even the US congress building has one!

PrincepAugus

I just watched a good youtube video about this place, they only had 1 bathroom in the entire hotel. E-gads!

Hahaha, I watched that when it was first released. Id' think the toilets are buried under the basement or something.

Ice Nine

Yeah I don't know about that, but I sure liked the free energy part.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
they only had 1 bathroom in the entire hotel
That I did not know. Sure does not make sense to have only one.

What could be possible explanations? Can only come up with two.
  • It was not a hotel but rather some tech related building serviced by a few individuals.
  • Occupants did not need more than one. In which case guests did not use bathrooms at all due to physiological differences. The only bathroom was for the service personnel.
How else can you explain one bathroom and n this huge building?

Ice Nine

Yeah it gets weirder still about lack of bathrooms. especially when you see the elaborate fountains they were able to make. The Palace of Versailles, a mind boggling feat of engineering and no bathrooms.

I think both of your explanations are pretty spot on. Here is another video that will give you pause for thought.

asatiger1966

It seems that the electrical wires in the pool were added after a management change. The light bulbs are part of the up-grade? The front doors are decorative and heavy, wish they were mine.
What are the three metal protrusions from the left balcony? Maybe fish suppers?
There is a tent on top of what looks similar to merchant shops, from the tent on the roof drop down to the sidewalk moving toward the hotel thirty feet. What is the object sunk in the concrete, a fire hydrant?
The flag in front of the hotel is clearly a Griffin, there are others but not as clear.
The column at the center of the pool is awesome I have no clue how it could work.
The many domed roofs are impressive, but the two that look similar to ice cream cones , may be made from Copper or possible Cast Iron. The grooves and the nubs could be there for efficiency, because energy that runs in a straight line, will develop little energy. Swirls, curves and vortex provide more natural energy.
Again, lack of citizens. This is not natural, we have two black groundskeepers, two guards, one behind the glass sidelight at the main door, seems to wear a uniform. The four wagons seem to be freight haulers. There is always one stoic guard at each empty city.

The chimneys all have an antenna on them.

Ice Nine

In my post #10 up there, you need to watch the free energy video about the hotel. The fireplaces weren't to burn wood or anything in. It all has to do with the andirons in front, the metal plate on the back of the "fireplaces" and some pipes you can't see in this photo. The fireplaces drew energy from antenna I suppose, the pipes are attached to the andirons and the metal plate in the back would heat up and radiate heat out to keep you nice and warm. And they, all the "fireplaces' have a round dial over them, could be clocks, could be something else. I'll look for more old interior photos..
Er nobody was burning anything in here, this is from 1890 and not converted to gas or anything.

Found a website with lots of historic pictures.
loads of pictures of the hotel

1890 mantel.jpg

hotel.jpg

Last edited:

Ishtar

Maybe there was an extensive use of public bathrooms in the past (I read that Chicago tenants shared bathrooms through the 1930’s) because of some danger of water mixing with the heavy use of atmospheric electricity?

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I simply cannot imagine someone waking up at 3 am on the 5th floor of this hotel and marching his/her happy self all the way down and outside to take a leak. It would be easier to imagine that they had some of these, but the technology mismatch would rule them out.

chamberpot-chair3.jpg

If we are ready to accept that they had public bathrooms outside, or chamber pots in this hotel, we might as well stop looking into all the inconsistencies we are faced with. This way anything can be semi-plausibly explained.

pushamaku

I'd say those people did not need to defecate... You know being able to energize using "atmospheric energy" or whatever you want to call it. Versailles is another example. If indeed we were conquered by some malevolent forces, then it would seem we were castrated of this ability and made more like animals. Perhaps that's why we see examples of these hybrids in legends, old maps, etc.

Verity

We were still using an outdoor toilet at our ski house till 1995, and we had an indoor chamber pot for us children overnight. The cottage was built in the early 1900's.
Then you get toilets like these below- possibly toilets- always made me wonder if our newfound modesty was pushed upon us. Maybe it was a thing to do socially.. hahahaha... gross man... no seriously. Like collecting water at the well, outdoor toilets.
I remember seeing something that looked olde Romanesque outdoor toilet-styles once. Will try to find..
Check it out:

serveimage-1.jpeg serveimage-3.jpeg