Single image: 4th century AD Bikini Girls, Villa del Casale

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Yup, that’s exactly what they were doing 1,700 years ago. Working out with dumb bells and medicine balls.
  • Bikini girls mosaic, Villa del Casale, Piazza Armerina, 4th Century AD, Sicily, Italy
Gotta love that “Italy” part in the desription. Was probably Etruria, or something like that.

Bikini Girls of Villa Romana del Casale. Do We Know All About Them?
Villa Romana del Casale - Bikini Girls mosaic

And this awesome description from wikimedia:
  • The famous "bikini girls" mosaic, found by archaeological excavation of the ancient Roman villa del Casale near Piazza Armerina in Sicily. This shows women exercising, running, or receiving the palm of victory and wreath (for winning an athletic competition). Note that the bikinis are shown as sportswear (workout gear and outfits for athletic competition), not swimwear...
I bet they sure have a source of where it says that they did not swim in these as well... Sure they do, lol.

4th century AD? I think we are talking about the period preceding our Dark Ages period. Right before the “rediscovery” of Americas, whenever that really happened.

Couldn’t help it...

jd755

Reactions
In the bullshit department we have this Villa Romana del Casale | Lightbox3D bolded bits reveal all
The villa was thought to have been built around the early 4th century AD, and was presumed to have been the country retreat of the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximianus.

The site was abandoned in the 12th century when a massive landslide buried the entire villa under up to 10m of mud, where it then remained (protected from the destructive elements and looters) for almost 700 years. It was not until the 1950’s that serious excavation work began to uncover the remains.

Any idea how much weight there is in 10 metres 33 feet of mud?
If it slid in from the side of the landslide the villa would have been destroyed, knocked sideways if you will.
If it fell from above it would again have been totally destroyed.
If it was blown in well depending on the strength of the wind and the mud being dry it could have built up like a sand dune enough to 'fill the villa' but at some point there is a limit and air would be trapped under the pitched roof which would collapse as the mud continued to pile up.
But the clincher is in use for 800 years before being buried. As if.

Or was it a flood that did the burying? Villa Romana del Casale | Visit Sicily official page
Not just any old flood but a powerful flood in 1000 AD?
Throughout the long centuries of existence, the Villa has been robbed of most of its artistic decorative patrimony but the spectacular conservation of the floor mosaics is inspite of a powerful flood which occurred around 1000 AD

NorthernLion

Reactions
Or was it a flood that did the burying? Villa Romana del Casale | Visit Sicily official page
Not just any old flood but a powerful flood in 1000 AD?
Throughout the long centuries of existence, the Villa has been robbed of most of its artistic decorative patrimony but the spectacular conservation of the floor mosaics is inspite of a powerful flood which occurred around 1000 AD
Definitely not a flood, mud slide.

I was at that site a few years ago. It's 1700 feet above sea level and sits in a washed out gash between two larger hills. The top portion of the building is totally gone, and they have it covered with a wooden pavilion similar to what you'd see at a campground picnic area. I cant tell you that whatever event buried this site washed off the top of the mountain in all directions. The scars from this can still be seen all over the area.

As for the art, mosaics, etc. they look identical to the Medieval Pompeii. No reason at all to believe they are as old as claimed.

What they don't show you are the depictions of "Ancient gods" such as "Orpheus", "Pan", etc. in the same mosaics that have depictions of "Christian" crosses. Guess they were still trying to figure out who the ongoing cast of characters were going to be for the ongoing Jesus sitcom.

Also funny how every building, every statue, every..... everything in Italy is connected to a "Roman Emperor".

Qmeta

Reactions
I'm gonna go so far as to say they are also depicting American Football in this mosaic. She's all like, "go deep" and the other one is like "I'm open!".
:LOL: looks like it

but there's no way this is 1,700 years old. I think 300 years tops. I don't think the medium would retain the colors so well.

jd755

Reactions
So the 'tourism' promoting site is less than truthful. When I look at the content of the mosaics I cannot help but see a poor renditon of carta marina style art.

BStankman

Reactions
Yes, it looks contemporary to Pompeii and Petra
They tiled over something here. Remodeling or covering up a displaced civilization?

Is this a villa, or an actual street that is tiled? It is not very level for a house.
I am going to go with street.
When energy was free people used their time to make ornate artistic things that lasted generations.

Last edited:

AnthroposRex

Reactions
:LOL: looks like it

but there's no way this is 1,700 years old. I think 300 years tops. I don't think the medium would retain the colors so well.
This is especially true with red colors. They are unstable by nature it seems.
Or maybe it would be better to say that over time they fade towards the infrared frequency.
It happens with red cars now even. Getting a red fender repainted due to an accident a couple years after the car is new becomes a bitch to match the color correctly.

wild heretic

Reactions
Definitely not a flood, mud slide.

As for the art, mosaics, etc. they look identical to the Medieval Pompeii. No reason at all to believe they are as old as claimed.
Definitely with you on that front. I'm going for the 15th century, no earlier than 13th, no later than 17th.

Also funny how every building, every statue, every..... everything in Italy is connected to a "Roman Emperor".
Totally. Mad, isn't it?

VonKitty

Reactions
Thank you for providing a good laugh for my day! The dumbbells are too much. And a strapless bikini top is so impractical for working out!!! 😂

Mabzynn

Reactions
sicily | piazza armerina | villa romana del casale

Yes, it looks contemporary to Pompeii and Petra

They tiled over something here. Remodeling or covering up a displaced civilization?

View attachment 16741

It's almost like the Central Bank of Iran existed back then...

On a more serious note, it's just another symbol for the Octad. It means the exact same thing as the Rosicrucian flower.

John Dee wrote about it in his Monas Hieroglyphica (Monas Hieroglyphica ('The Hieroglyphic Monad') of John Dee):

The Quaternary is produced by the four straight lines enclosing four right angles. Either of these elements, the lines or the right angles, repeated twice, therefore, afford us in the most secret manner the Octad, which I do not believe was known to our predecessors, the Magi, and which you should study with great attention. The threefold magic of the first Fathers and the wise men consisted in Body, Soul and Spirit.

Last edited:
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Interesting that these girls cover up two superimposed squares which appear to be forming an eight-point star. The condition of the hidden art is amazingly well preserved. Those little clues they leave...

bikini-2Bgirls-7Ccorner.jpg

Dirigible

Reactions
This art and the date being given is a joke, right? The mainstream historians are really trying to explain this away? It could be a cigarette ad from the 40s.

SuperTrouper

Reactions
Or it was originally the same tartar culture as Ashgabat Turkmanistan. Tiled over to look Roman.

Awesome spotting. The eight pointed star appears in spiritual traditions from many different cultures across the globe. The eight pointed star began to appear in Islamic art in the Middle Ages. It is referred to as khatim or khatim-sulayman, meaning “seal of the prophets”. Star of Lakshmi: in Hinduism, Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, has eight emanations. These emanations represent eight forms of wealth: monetary, ability to transport, endless prosperity, victory, patience, health and nourishment, knowledge, and family.