Single image: 1591 Scenographia Fabricae S Lavrentii In Escvriali

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
What do you think about this structure in, or prior to 1591. We have two images of the same, I like the colored one from 1665.
Scenographia Fabricae S Lavrentii In Escvriali 2.jpg

By the way, this building is:
And what's the meaning of this Fabricae word?

And of course they had to have them weather vanes all over. (Dang, I knew I've seen this building before, lol)

jd755

Reactions
Fabricæ is Latin for device.
On Ortelius's version it says this;
Scenographia To Tius Fabricæ S. Lavrentii in Escvriali

which according to google translate is this;
Scenographia of the whole device S. Lavrentii the Escvriali

wild heretic

Reactions
What do you think about this structure in, or prior to 1591. We have two images of the same, I like the colored one from 1665.
By the way, this building is:

And of course they had to have them weather vanes all over. (Dang, I knew I've seen this building before, lol)
Lower floor windows are nearly fully covered up aka a ' mudflooder'.

wild heretic

Reactions

JWW427

Reactions
Religion is bunk. Its a mind control system for the rebellious masses. Therefore "monasteries" are pure unadulterated BS.
This structure was probably a university during the star civilization period. (Dark Ages?)
The central cathedral was most likely an analog resonance chamber to help with astral travel, healing, knowledge accumulation, and spiritual enlightenment. Nature and cosmology worship. Etc.
The formal gardens employ sacred geometry, and are still used for contemplation and meditation in a zone of purified "nature power." The whole shebang was probably built upon a few intersecting Ley Lines.
The church always co-opts the best and finest for themselves and their monk minions. Slap on a few gilded icons and statues and instant monastery. No one used to question that religious narrative, and its still taboo for most.
JWW

Last edited: