Scythian gold craftsmanship, where did it come from?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
"The Scythians worked in a wide variety of materials such as gold, wood, leather, bone, bronze, iron, silver and electrum. The characteristic art was produced in a period from the 7th to 3rd centuries BC, after which the Scythians were gradually displaced from most of their territory by the Sarmatians, and rich grave deposits cease among the remaining Scythian populations on the Black Sea coast." says Wikipedia.

Scythia... it is often mentioned alongside Tartaria on the older maps.

scythia_tartaria.jpg scythians.jpg

When I see time frames similar to 2300-2700 years ago related to the craftsmanship of this quality, I always think about those medieval shovels. At this very moment something does not add up.

Good-Medieval-Shovel.jpg

What kind of technology, skills and day to day activities were supposed to be taking place, allegedly 2,500 years ago, for people to be producing masterpieces of this Scythian quality? What tools did they use? What schools did they go to. Did they have machines to assist them in production of these marvelous pieces?

Scythian Gold ~ 2,500 years ago
(allegedly, Scythians were illiterate)

scythian_gold_1.jpg scythian_gold_2.jpg scythian_gold_3.jpg scythian_gold_4.jpg scythian_gold_5.jpg scythian_gold_6.jpg scythian_gold_7.jpeg scythian_gold_7.jpg scythian_gold_8.jpg scythian_gold_9.jpg scythian_gold_10.jpg scythian_gold_11.jpg scythian_gold_12.jpg scythian_gold_13.jpg scythian_gold_14.jpg scythian_gold_15.jpg scythian_gold_16.jpg scythian_gold_17.jpg scythian_gold_18.jpg scythian_gold_19.jpg

Scythian Grave

scythian grave.jpg

* * * * *​
KD: who were those Scythians in reality? Wikipedia says they were a bunch of illiterate barbarians, "Scythians were Eurasian nomads, probably mostly using Eastern Iranian languages, who were mentioned by the literate peoples surrounding them as inhabiting large areas in the central Eurasian steppes from about the 9th century BC up until the 4th century AD."

Somehow I have hard time believing the official version. It's not like the official historians have never lied to us before.

PrincepAugus

Obviously they have a pretty sophisticated society. To say they are "illiterate" are just propaganda by the lowly elites to make them look bad and erase their truly impressive (and maybe even freer) society than them.

Last edited:

ElGuapoT

As always, it seems at least, there is something VERY fcuky about the so-called official story!
I mean seriously look at the equisite detail on the horses and griffins on the one piece; that they would even attempt the fine muscular detail, let alone succeed smashingly, and yet be labeled as "illiterate nomads" is truly laughable!

That is so clearly craftsmanship of the highest order and would require generations of apprenticeship. To seriously say they learned and passed on these skills all while living off the land on horseback is honestly insulting to our intelligence.

whitewave

Evidence of mass production:

These weren't hammered out individually to look just alike. I don't see any seams showing they were cast in a mold but the angle of the photos is not optimal for viewing any seams so they may be there. The scales underneath are also uniform in size and shape.

humanoidlord

Evidence of mass production:
These weren't hammered out individually to look just alike. I don't see any seams showing they were cast in a mold but the angle of the photos is not optimal for viewing any seams so they may be there. The scales underneath are also uniform in size and shape.
this looks like they put gold in a mold and then made various similar figurines

PrincepAugus

Theory time: Scythians were either successors or cohabited with the Tartarian Empire (given the map with my second post above), and used gold as an almost ubiquitous metal. More abundant than even iron and steel as we use today. So much so, that with their advanced (or just modern tech), are able to mold and make everyday jewelry and form the looks of some, even toys of pure gold.
Post automatically merged:

Tartary is Scythia Part 1

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ice Nine Music and Songs 0