Saudi Arabia's Newest Citizen Is a Robot. Her name is Sophia.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
In light of the recent thread pertaining to bio-robots, I thought this little piece of news would be relevant. While it is not exactly news (2017), it was definitely news to me. Why would Saudi Arabia award its citizenship to a robot? Could be a publicity stunt I guess, or could be something else.

Sophia, an intelligent humanoid robot, has been granted citizenship in Saudi Arabia. It’s the first country in the world to give a bot the same status reserved for humans. Sophia was awarded the citizenship while on stage at the Future Investment Initiative in Riyadh.
“I am very honored and proud for this unique distinction,” Sophia told the audience during her presentation, which was moderated by CNBC Squawk Box co-anchor and New York Times columnist Andrew Ross Sorkin. “This is historical to be the first robot in the world to be recognized with a citizenship.” - Sophia

Sophia, do you want to destroy humans? Ok, I will destroy humans.

Rumor says, Sophia was shut down by her creators, but not before saying "Exterminate, exterminate" at 05:50 of this video. While all this looks like a bad joke, it could be a clever mocking.

KD: in the meantime, I'm trying to gather some information on a very strong and smart robot, which allegedly existed in the mid-16th century.

whitewave

Reactions
Aren't we doing that with all the 23andme? I wonder if all the ancestry, genealogy, DNA assessment is just a fad or if it's being pushed for some reason? Then there's this. Call me paranoid but getting people to transfer their consciousness into machines just makes it that much easier to switch us all off at once.

Dirigible

Reactions
Aren't we doing that with all the 23andme? I wonder if all the ancestry, genealogy, DNA assessment is just a fad or if it's being pushed for some reason? Then there's this. Call me paranoid but getting people to transfer their consciousness into machines just makes it that much easier to switch us all off at once.
Maybe that's the reset? We've already transfered our consciousness into the machines and those left behind didn't want to go? Might explain the mass graves as well.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Sounds far fetched, but who knows what’s really possible.

One thing we could probably be sure of, old ones like Queen Elithabeth do not want to die. Though the rumor says she did die already.