Santorini group: was created 350 years ago in 1666, not 3600 years ago in 1600 BCE

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Yep, the island of Santorini in its current shape was formed around 1666 AD, and not in some ridiculous 1642–1540 BC. This is, for a second, a 3200 year difference. There was never an above water eruption of some volcano mountain they call Thera. The first thing we could do is lay to rest the idea of Santorini being the legendary Atlantis. But this one is up to you.

Santorini_1.pngSantorini_2.jpg

These days, every time I hear some historical data pertaining to thousands of years ago, something clicks, and I go in for my own research. How far back can we trust our official history. Not far in my opinion, may be not at all. We have 9/11, we have all these Middle Eastern conflicts of the recent years, we have African shenanigans of today; do you really think we know anything about the true nature of those events? I hope not. So how far back in history should we go, before we start questioning the official version? All these are purely rhetorical questions, they do not require an answer.

Governments appear to be hiding the genuine motives behind their actions. They substitute those motives with legends, designed to be consumed by the general populace. In the end, we are simply left with riddles, and puzzles here and there. Trying to solve some of them is all we have left, or so it seems.

Note: I believe that 350 years ago local people knew more on this issue than our contemporary scholars of today.

SANTORINI
(officially)
Santorini, classically Thera, and officially Thira, is an island in the southern Aegean Sea, about 200 km (120 mi) southeast of Greece's mainland. It is the largest island of a small, circular archipelago, which bears the same name and is the remnant of a volcanic caldera. The municipality of Santorini includes the inhabited islands of Santorini and Therasia and the uninhabited islands of Nea Kameni, Palaia Kameni, Aspronisi, and Christiana (way out south-west).

santorini_geography.gif

The Minoan eruption of Thera, also referred to as the Thera eruption, Santorini eruption, or Late Bronze Age eruption, was a major catastrophic volcanic eruption with a Volcanic Explosivity Index (VEI) of 6 or 7 and a dense-rock equivalent (DRE) of 60 km3 (14 cu mi), Dated to the mid-second millennium BCE (between 1642–1540 BCE), the eruption was one of the largest volcanic events on Earth in recorded history. It devastated the island of Thera (now called Santorini), including the Minoan settlement at Akrotiri and communities and agricultural areas on nearby islands and the coast of Crete with a related earthquake and tsunami.

santorini_before.jpg
santorini_after.jpg

Important: Basically, what we can get out of the official version above is this:
  • There used to be a single island called Thera/Thira.
  • Minoan eruption took place between 1642–1540 BCE. That is roughly 3600 years ago.
  • Current Santorini group has 5 islands: Santorini, Therasia, Nea Kameni, Palaia Kameni, Aspronisi, and Christiana.
To dispute the above, we are going to use 16th, 17th, and 18th century maps, as well as a couple of 16th, 17th century texts. All the maps used were obtained on David Rumsey Map Collection, where I searched for Greece. Texts will be linked later on.

THERA
The official version tells us that before the island was named Santorini, it was known as Thera. Also in the official version, the second biggest island is called Therasia. Here we come to our first revelation. Santorini was never called Thera - this is a lie. They were not even close to each other within the scale of the Aegean Sea. Let's see what the 1687 text says.

Therafia_1.png

Obviously, Thera and Therafia appear to sound pretty close. We even have the second biggest island in the group called Therasia. So what's the big deal there? Well, the problem we have is this - Thera and Therafia were located in two different places. The below maps are dated 1540, 1561, 1599 and 1618.

1540 - Tabula Europae X. (to accompany) Geographia universalis_1.png1561 - Tabvla Evropae X. D'Evropa, Decima tavola Antica_1.png1599 - Tabvla Evropae X. Della Geografia di Tolomeo. Libro Terzo..png1618 - Theatrum geographiae veteris, duobus tomis distinctum, edente Petro Bertio Bevero_1.png
In 1648, 1649 Thera/Tira move south east of Therafia. Hard to say what could be the cause. Keep on reading for a possible explanation of the situation in the region.

1648 - Partie de Tvrqvie en Evrope. P. N. Sanson le fils Geo. du R. A Paris chez l'autheur ave...png1649 - Parallela Geographiae Veteris et Novae. Auctore Philippo Brietio, Abbasillaeo, Societat...png
In 1650 Thera is moved back north-west of Therafia. It's a fun ride with those older maps. Dating is obviously hard, and there could be quite a few fakes along the way.

1650 - Atlantis Majoris Quinta Pars Orbem Maritimum seu... by Johannes Janssonius Atlantis Maj...png
On the above maps we can clearly see that in the 16th and 17th centuries people considered Thera and Therafia to be two different islands. Therefore Thera could never become Santorini, and only Therafia could.

Little summary:
  • 1687 text stated that the ancient name of Santorini was Therafia
  • various maps place Thera ways away from Therafia
  • Thera is neither Therafia nor Santorini
If you choose to familiarize yourself with geographical transformations north of Crete, including the island of Crete itself, you will notice that the entire area was in turmoil. Changes were happening every 10 years or so. Different islands were popping up and others were vanishing. The below island of Milos was sliding back and forth like it was on ice. The text you will be presented with describe the instability of the region in great details. This is definitely not time I would like to be vacationing in that area.

MILOS

Milos is approximately 50 miles away from Santorini. The island of Milos, or Milo, or Melos has nothing to do with Santorini. I wanted to use it as an example. It shows that people in 1608 could properly depict the shape of an island in accordance with its appearance. In other words if there is a big hole in the island, they knew how to depict it on a map. As you navigate through the below presented maps, please keep in mind this island of Milos, as a good reference to the location of Therafia.

1608 - 2018
milos_2.pngmilos_1.png
2018 - Santorini.png

THERAFIA

At some point the island of Therafia will become our Santorini. Via the map analysis this date could be estimated as 1655.

1655 - Cartes et Tables de la Geographie Ancienne et Nouvelle ou Methode pour s'Instruire Avec...png1655 - Cartes et Tables de la Geographie Ancienne et Nouvelle ou Methode pour s'Instruire Avec...png

1666 map published in 1697
I think the below map is an indicator of some major catastrophic event which took place in the region. Multiple islands disappeared, some came up, and others changed their shape. Our poor Therafia was either under water, or the cartographers did not really know what was out there any longer.

1666 pub'd 1697 - This is a very rare edition of Sanson's maps, published by his son, Guillaum...png

This next map dated 1670 bring in some clarity. It may suggest that cartographers received more data and were able to start putting information back in order.

1670 - This is a very rare edition of Sanson's maps, published by his son, Guillaume Sanson.png

1685 - the year of our Santorini
And only in 1865 the Santorini group acquires the resemblance of its contemporary looks. Simultaneously it is laughing at our today's scientists. Today we have 5 islands in the group. In 1685 there were like 11 or 12.

1685 - Santorini.png

MAP PROGRESSION
1540-1715
Below you can see thumbnails of all the map cut outs I did. Some of them will overlap. Some of them will jump slightly forward in time, and some will insignificantly fall back. Some will have some unknown names listed. Simply follow the progression and follow Therafia turning into Santorini.

Shape shifting Therafia to Santorini

1540 - Tabula Europae X. (to accompany) Geographia universalis.png1561 - Tabvla Evropae X. D'Evropa, Decima tavola Antica.png1592 - Theatro Del Mondo Di Abrahamo Ortelio.png1599 - Graetia Nvova tavola. Descrittione della Grecia. Libro Primo..png1599 - Tabvla Evropae X. Della Geografia di Tolomeo. Libro Terzo..png1607 - The Atlas published by Ioannes Janssonius.png1608 - Theatro Del Mondo Di Abrahamo Ortelio Da lui poco inanzi la sua morte riveduto.png1618 - Theatrum geographiae veteris, duobus tomis distinctum, edente Petro Bertio Bevero_1.png1618 - Theatrum geographiae veteris, duobus tomis distinctum, edente Petro Bertio Bevero_2.png1636 - Atlas sive Cosmographicae Meditationes de Fabrica mundi et fabricati figura.png1637 - Historia mundi or Mercator's atlas Containing his cosmographicall description of the fa...png1648 - Partie de Tvrqvie en Evrope. P. N. Sanson le fils Geo. du R. A Paris chez l'autheur ave...png1649 - Parallela Geographiae Veteris et Novae. Auctore Philippo Brietio, Abbasillaeo, Societat...png1650 - Atlantis Majoris Quinta Pars Orbem Maritimum seu... by Johannes Janssonius Atlantis Maj...png1655 - Cartes et Tables de la Geographie Ancienne et Nouvelle ou Methode pour s'Instruire Avec...png1666 pub'd 1697 - This is a very rare edition of Sanson's maps, published by his son, Guillaum...png1670 - This is a very rare edition of Sanson's maps, published by his son, Guillaume Sanson.png1682 - Atlas. Tot Amsterdam By Frederick de Wit in de Calverstraet bij den Dam inde Witte Pask...png1683 - La Grecia Universale Antica paragonata con la Moderna da Giacomo Cantelli da Vignola co...png1685 - Mercurio Geografico overo Guida Geografica in tutte le parti del Mondo, conforme le tav...png1685 - Mercurio Geografico overo Guida Geografica in tutte le parti del Mondo, conforme le tav...png1690 - Atlas minor sive totius orbis terrarum contracta delinea ex conatibus Nico.png1700 - Atlas Francois, Contenant les Cartes Geographiques dans lesquelles sont tres exactement...png1715 - Atlas ou Recueil de Cartes Geographiques Dressees Sur les Nouvelles Observations.png

TEXTS
Did the island of Santorini raise from the sea, or was the island of Therafia destroyed by some unknown weapons? I don't know. One thing appears to be certain, there was no volcano mountain called Thera. Jumping ahead of the below text I wanted to show you a map with a yellow line showing the distance from Santorini to the island of Chios. In today's miles it is approximately 150 miles away. The author of the text claims that it was about 200 miles back then. May be miles were different, or may be our island was positioned differently. Who knows?

FYI, the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens could be heard from 140 miles away. Which means whatever happened on Therafia was not some minor event.

chios_1.jpg
The below book was published in 1687. Count back "about" 18 years, and we end up with 1669. I will speculate here, but if we account for "about 18", and that the book had to be written before being printed... we end up very close to 1666. Remember the below map?

1666 pub'd 1697 - This is a very rare edition of Sanson's maps, published by his son, Guillaum...png

Excerpt (link to the book is at the bottom of the article)

Therafia_2.png

santorini_1_0.pngsantorini_1_1.png

Question: what makes silver turn red, and then go back to normal color? What has to be in the air for your silver coin to turn red? Why with the dissipated element, the silver went back to normal silvery color. If it was sulfur oxide, why did the color return to normal?

Nea Kameni Island
(New Rocks Island)
nea_kameni.gif

This Nea Kameni is a small island in the middle of the Santorini harbor. It was raised up from the bottom of the sea on May 23rd, 1707.

1707-new-stones_santorini.png

The continuation of this 1707 story is pretty interesting, though they do go into some religious Pluto related mambo-jambo, and talk about ancient Romans who probably existed just a few hundred years prior to the very same 1712 this book was published. This book names Santorini Thera again. It also gives some confusing account of various Santorini group islands emerging from under the sea. The reading is fascinating, because it totally contradicts anything and everything our scientists told us about this Santorini group.

santorini_group_11.pngsantorini_group_11_1.pngsantorini_group_11_2.pngsantorini_group_11_3.png

Sources:
KD thoughts: We have what we have. I do not see any 3600 year old volcano there. Maps do not support the official narrative. Texts do not support the official narrative. Yet, our dogmatic scientists do everything in their power to push certain events as far back as they can to justify the period of antiquity. What are they hiding from us in the process?

If there is any merit to the above observation, the entire 4500 year old Minoan Civilization goes to pound sand.

Pretty sure my "scratch the surface" living room investigation left a lot to be discovered, but I think it could be a good place to start for those looking for honest answers.

What do you think about all this?

P.S. Pretty sure some of the bases could be covered by the dogmatic science, as in they probably did mention some of the area disturbances May be not, I don't know, did not check.

Schweizer

Reactions
Thera = Terra = earth
Therasia or old grammer Therafia, as the f is not an F but a long S without the dash in the F, therefore it should translate as Terra Asia.

San means holy as in Sanct, Saint, Santos, Sanct-script (holy texts), most probably San comes from Zan
Torini comes from Torre meaning Tower, Torini is plural = Towers
Ph (phone, phonics) is an modern f like in telefon

The maps look reproduced to me, can't trust AI and internet, get original maps and books. Also old 'stiches' look more of a photograph to me, including our Italian friend's "paintings": Pi-ra-ne-si (wonder the meaning of his name).

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
You are absolutely right about this F-S thing. As far as maps go, we have what we have AI or not. If we don't work with the available docs, we will have nothing to work with.

Verity

Reactions
Dutchsinse (youtube) made the observation that when NZ is hit with an earthquake, Italy usually (eventually) is too. It takes a week or ten days to work its way around Pacific, Indonesia, Mid East etc.
Almost like a ringing bell effect- it bounces or vibrates around in a predictable route.
Sounds a bit mad I know, I watched him for a few months when I first heard about him and he seemed to really have developed an art out of his passion for 'earthquake forecasting'/planetary energy transfer/geology/seismic activity.
Mainstream geo's hate him. He got shut down a few times in the months I watched(/learned) him broadcast, which was a few months after the big Christchurch, NZ EQ.

In Hatcher Childress' book about Lemuria and the Pacific, he mentions reports of islands disappearing and reappearing a fair way off the coast of Easter Island.
Reports of a low-lying, sandy island in *1687* being observed and mapped by two 'worthy' seamen; Dutch buccaneer John Davis, captain of the English ship 'Bachelors Delight' and his lieutenant, Mr. Wafer.
Further reports of it being there again by a navigator 'Dampier' who published two volumes of voyages in 1699. It was named 'Davis Land' after the buccaneer who told him about it.
A Spaniard in 1576, Juan Fernandez thought he'd found a huge land (Davis Land presumably- in the region of its co-ordinates) and vowed to come back in a bigger ship, but died before he could make it back.
Then, in Easter 1722, a Dutch navigator, Jacob Roggeveen, went searching for 'Davis Land' and all he could find near those co-ordinates or any other in the wider vicinity was Easter Island. There was no land 'stretching out of sight for many leagues', no sandy shores, just weird old mysterious Easter Island suddenly there.

If one was able to fire a bullet through the planet from NZ, the exit wound (so to speak) would present in Italy.
Earthquakes originate in two specific points on the energy grid in the pacific basin, aka 'Ring of Fire.' One point is above NZ, one is nearer Hawaii/California.
There is so much to speak of in this greater submarine region but I'm editing this to bits.

NZ is on a seismically active fault line, with the north island basically being a massive semi-dormant volcano covered with occasionally rumbling smaller volcanos.
While Easter Island is miles away from NZ it's still the south Pacific, still within that 'Ring of Fire' and it seems strange that each region, on opposite sides of the planet have similar volcanic islands coming and going at what seems to be *around* the same time frame.

There was a tremendous eruption in NZ which buried the famously beautiful pink and white terraces in 1886, very close indeed to the date Davis Island was noted (by Davis/Wafer). I believe that could be from the same planetary disruption.
Mayhap there was something much more grandiose and destructive a few hundred years earlier, mid to late 1600's. It seems as if they originate on one side of the world and boot round to the other.

wiki: "The Taupo eruption
Main article: Hatepe eruption
The Taupo eruption's three main vents ran parallel to Lake Taupo's current southeastern shore.
The Taupo eruption (also known as the Hatepe eruption) represents the most recent major eruption of the Taupo Volcano, and occurred about 1,800 years ago. It represents the most violent eruption in the world in the last 5,000 years."

Those islands coming and going shot my mind directly to NZ/Easter Island/South Pacific and Childress' book 'Lost Cities of Ancient Lemuria and the Pacific'.
And Dutchsinse.
And energy transfer within the globe.

And what about this "somewhat random" quote in 'references' from the wiki Taupo Volcano page;
  1. Herodian of Antioch. "Chapter 14". History of the Roman Empire. Book 1. Stars remained visible during the day; other stars, extending to an enormous length, seemed to be hanging in the middle of the sky.

Last edited:

whitewave

Reactions
And what about this "somewhat random" quote in 'references' from the wiki Taupo Volcano page;
  1. Herodian of Antioch. "Chapter 14". History of the Roman Empire. Book 1. Stars remained visible during the day; other stars, extending to an enormous length, seemed to be hanging in the middle of the sky.
That IS an interesting tidbit. Chased that lead down a bit because astronomical data has been cataloged throughout the world by peoples who don't use the current calendar system. This talks of a supernova that occurred during that time frame but then says it was probably not 185 AD but more likely 900 years later. That seemed to confuse the poor scholars/writers and made me smile as it was just further evidence of a massive shift in our time frame, especially relating to the Roman empire.
There was also a plague that hit Rome about that same time and although official sources say there was a plague in 185 AD in Rome they date it by the rule of Commodus. It's possible that's a true date but mainly the plague hit Europe much later.