Rosette: what's the meaning of this architectural flower design?

Paracelsus

Reactions
I am fairly certain the rosette symbol related to the wireless energy of the sonic temple.
St. Elmo's Fire

The Templar cross may be the great pyramid from above.

And the Templar chevron could be what they found when the broke in.
Something got covered up.

There's more to that story too. No-one remembered that the Khufu Pyramid was 8 sided until the specific solar alignment cast the correct shadow/light balance on the structure.

Can't remember if it's a Solstice or an Equinox.

Stankman, any thoughts?

BStankman

Reactions
There's more to that story too. No-one remembered that the Khufu Pyramid was 8 sided until the specific solar alignment cast the correct shadow/light balance on the structure.

Can't remember if it's a Solstice or an Equinox.

Stankman, any thoughts?
This says autumn equinox.

I like to compare the great pyramid to the Hoover dam. Both enormous public works.
Hoover dam had a gigantic cost in labor, and had an expected return of energy.

The same could probably be said about the cathedrals.
1200px-Church_in_Cork.jpg

Ice Nine

Reactions
Now you are getting into the realm of my own specialty - Sumerian.
That symbol is perhaps older than you think. It's the mark of An (Sumerian), or Anu (later Akkadian), the supreme God and prime mover in creation. He is the first and most distant ancestor, the God of Heaven. All the deities were the offspring of An and his consort Ki, thus the Anunnaki (Akkadian form of An, which represents ANU + NA (of, and, house of, temple of, etc.) KI) arose. Ki later became cognant with "earth or land below" and later still this symbol was adopted by Ianna. Two later groups that adopted a similar eight pointed star were the Freemasons and the Catholic Church. Both these groups feature this symbol prominently, and it may point to a belief in the old Sun gods as well.
The actual cuneiform character is called DINGIR AN, with dingir meaning "sky god, or heavens deity". I prefer sky gods, and yes, these are the same as the Annunaki of the Bible and the sky gods of the ancient alien theorists.

Good call. One on each wrist and the stick thingy. Could we just be paying an homage to our creators?

Rosettes.jpg

LazyScroller

Reactions
Read somewhere it may represent some antiquiTech or another technical features of a particular building left by its builders (masons?). There probably should be pretty limited set of such ornaments on old (and not necessarily old) buildings meaning something rather practical, or functional?

Paracelsus

Reactions
This says autumn equinox.

View attachment 23215

I like to compare the great pyramid to the Hoover dam. Both enormous public works.
Hoover dam had a gigantic cost in labor, and had an expected return of energy.

The same could probably be said about the cathedrals.
View attachment 23216
Right on S.

The pyramids Egyptian, Bosnian, Toltec, Cambodian, are far from that environmental dysregulation nightmare. It seems pretty obvious that they are energy production/harnessing devices designed to work in equilibrium with the environment, not in exploitation of it.

I'd also be willing to bet that virtually all human beings in gerneral look at the Giza complex with a sense of reverence and awe. Whereas - although the Hoover dam or Golden Gate bridge is impressive - they are artificial and stand at odds against the environment.

I'll bring my screed back to the original topic of the rosette in the fact that this 8 pointed or faceted symbol is a builder's mark. And the symbolism pervades everything from the structural intent to the architecture itself. Instead of merely being a quantity, there is a profound numerical quality associated with a specific builders guild.

Japod

Reactions
Posting a couple of pictures of the same interior with approximately 90 years in between the photos. Up on the ceiling curve we have this flower ornament inside the circle, with circle inside the octagon. Anybody knows what the meaning of this flower design is? My googling got me as far as figuring out that it could be some sort of Rosette. It says on the webpage, that this design might have some ancient origins.

Circles and Octagons were a bit easier: Symbolic meaning of octagon and The Octagon in Leonardo’s Drawings.

Makes you wonder why these are used inside a supposedly 1913 Train Station.

The octagon is found in baptisteries as a symbol representing eternal life, likely because the number eight is symbolic of renewal. The circle is symbolic of the heavens (also eternity/infinity) and the angularity of the square is symbolic of earthly presence.

Occasionally, the octagon was viewed as a symbol for infinity. It was suggested that the octagon is a circle attempting to become a square, and a square attempting to become a circle.

sacredgeometrycelldivision.jpg

Ruby Rhod

Reactions
It appears to be opium poppies when viewed from above. The Star of Ishtar is also related.

Opium Poppy.jpg Winged Genie Poppies.jpg Winged Genie Poppies 2.jpg Anu Poppies.jpg Winged Genie & Pope.jpg
As was recognized previously, there is also an Oannes (fish head) connection to the pope...

Fish Head.jpg Fishhead Pope.jpg

Jim Duyer

Reactions
It appears to be opium poppies when viewed from above. The Star of Ishtar is also related.

As was recognized previously, there is also an Oannes (fish head) connection to the pope...

The eight sided star found on the robes of Popes is actually from Sumeria originally,
This represents AN and KI, and if you look up the cuneiform symbol for AN.KI on the Univ. of Penn website, you will find this eight sided cross. And AN.KI, of course, means "the sky gods."
So yes, it is strange, at least on the surface, to find it in the papal garments. Unless, of course, you understand that both the Catholic Church leaders and the rich and famous, as well as most of the leaders in governments around the world, do, to this day, WORSHIP THE SUN, and kidnap children for sacrifice to him as well.

Ruby Rhod

Reactions
They worship a different sun, perhaps (Saturn)... I will prepare a thread for Saturn symbology soon.

The rosette connection to the Winged Genie is solid. It is interesting that you bring up child sacrifice because the Inca, Mayans, and Aztecs were doing exactly that, and these steles showed up in South America too. Did the Phoenicians turn them on to it? Or was it the Egyptians? The Balinese?? Seems like all kinds of traffic to the "New World."

But thank you Mr. Duyer, now when I see a rosette it will be a child trafficking alert.

Sumerian Bolivia.jpg Winged Genie Ecuador.jpg Inca Mummy.jpg Inca Mummy 2.jpg

South American Red Head Mummy.jpg Inca Mummy 3.jpg Egyptian Peru.jpg Global Pyramid Culture.jpg

Jim Duyer

Reactions
They worship a different sun, perhaps (Saturn)... I will prepare a thread for Saturn symbology soon.

The rosette connection to the Winged Genie is solid. It is interesting that you bring up child sacrifice because the Inca, Mayans, and Aztecs were doing exactly that, and these steles showed up in South America too. Did the Phoenicians turn them on to it? Or was it the Egyptians? The Balinese?? Seems like all kinds of traffic to the "New World."

But thank you Mr. Duyer, now when I see a rosette it will be a child trafficking alert.

You are welcome. And you need look no further than: The United Nations logo, the flag of Iraq, the symbol of the Quakers, etc. etc.