Rosette: what's the meaning of this architectural flower design?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Posting a couple of pictures of the same interior with approximately 90 years in between the photos. Up on the ceiling curve we have this flower ornament inside the circle, with circle inside the octagon. Anybody knows what the meaning of this flower design is? My googling got me as far as figuring out that it could be some sort of Rosette. It says on the webpage, that this design might have some ancient origins.

Circles and Octagons were a bit easier: Symbolic meaning of octagon and The Octagon in Leonardo’s Drawings.

Makes you wonder why these are used inside a supposedly 1913 Train Station.

The octagon is found in baptisteries as a symbol representing eternal life, likely because the number eight is symbolic of renewal. The circle is symbolic of the heavens (also eternity/infinity) and the angularity of the square is symbolic of earthly presence.

Occasionally, the octagon was viewed as a symbol for infinity. It was suggested that the octagon is a circle attempting to become a square, and a square attempting to become a circle.

Flower_design_5.jpgFlower_design_6.jpg
Flower_design_1.jpgFlower_design_2.jpg
Flower_design_1.JPGFlower_design_3.JPGFlower_design_4.JPGFlower_design_2.JPG

CyborgNinja

Reactions
It's anyone's guess but if I had to bet money on it, I would say it was a remnant of the old religion and the sun disk seen in ancient times.

You know there's alot to suggest the planets were in a different configuration than we find them in today and huge electrical discharges between the planets appeared as these basic designs that we see reoccurring again and again in culture and art around the globe.

hqdefault (3).jpgsymbols-of-an-alien-sky-1.jpg
If u have time u need to read emmanuel Velikofsky's world's in collision. Or if you don't have the time just watch this doco..

humanoidlord

Reactions
Posting a couple of pictures of the same interior with approximately 90 years in between the photos. Up on the ceiling curve we have this flower ornament inside the circle, with circle inside the octagon. Anybody knows what the meaning of this flower design is? My googling got me as far as figuring out that it could be some sort of Rosette. It says on the webpage, that this design might have some ancient origins.

Circles and Octagons were a bit easier: Symbolic meaning of octagon and The Octagon in Leonardo’s Drawings.

The octagon is found in baptisteries as a symbol representing eternal life, likely because the number eight is symbolic of renewal. The circle is symbolic of the heavens (also eternity/infinity) and the angularity of the square is symbolic of earthly presence.

Occasionally, the octagon was viewed as a symbol for infinity. It was suggested that the octagon is a circle attempting to become a square, and a square attempting to become a circle.

looks just like decoration to me, more interesting is the chandelier in the second image, probally atmos eletricity

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
looks just like decoration to me, more interesting is the chandelier in the second image, probally atmos eletricity
Based on the same set of "simple decorations" traveling through centuries, there has to be a reason why those are being used under certain circumstances.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Updated the first post with a few additional images. These flower designs are on multiple 19th century buildings. I still have doubts that they are for decoration only. Kind of bumping the thread, in case somebody figures out what they mean, or runs into some info.

Cosmic wheel (video) is very similar in appearance, but not quite.

The flower has 8 points but it's not a star. The flower looks similar to this Star of Inanna, but only in this picture. The other Inanna's stars look more like stars.

inannastar.jpg

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
Not only decoration. Those small ones on the brick are structural. Called am anchor plate. Center nub is a bolt, and it can be tightened to keep the wall straight and solid. They are common throughout 1900s brickwork, usually for repairing older buildings. Might be part of the redecorating**. Stars are very common for this as well as just flat plates.
Anchor plate - Wikipedia

The bolts on the tan ones appear to have modern bolt grade markings. The dark ones show The nut instead of the bolt, so no marks visible.

The ones on the arch ate different, obviously. Resolution not good enough to see a bolt, but they could be anchor plates as well, but look more decorative.

Last edited:
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I’m specifically referring to the design. They do serve different purposes obviously.

Just trying to figure out if the design has some hidden, or forgotten meaning.

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
Dunno, but I bet I could find some if while I'm in the old part of town today, of the heat don't get me first.

Jim Duyer

Reactions
Now you are getting into the realm of my own specialty - Sumerian.
That symbol is perhaps older than you think. It's the mark of An (Sumerian), or Anu (later Akkadian), the supreme God and prime mover in creation. He is the first and most distant ancestor, the God of Heaven. All the deities were the offspring of An and his consort Ki, thus the Anunnaki (Akkadian form of An, which represents ANU + NA (of, and, house of, temple of, etc.) KI) arose. Ki later became cognant with "earth or land below" and later still this symbol was adopted by Ianna. Two later groups that adopted a similar eight pointed star were the Freemasons and the Catholic Church. Both these groups feature this symbol prominently, and it may point to a belief in the old Sun gods as well.
The actual cuneiform character is called DINGIR AN, with dingir meaning "sky god, or heavens deity". I prefer sky gods, and yes, these are the same as the Annunaki of the Bible and the sky gods of the ancient alien theorists.

DINGIR.png

Japod

Reactions

This is sacred geometry, the flower of life in particular.

RecycledSoul

Reactions

If you lay the number 8 on it’s side, it becomes the “infinity” symbol commonly used.

studytruth

Reactions
Basically the 8 is the number of tehuti. It thus is also a hermetic and alchemical number that represents wisdom. I have seen this 8 pointed flower all over maya sites in the Yucatán. Not surprise if you look inside those walls you will find a ton of hermetic symbolism.

Mabzynn

Reactions
Now you are getting into the realm of my own specialty - Sumerian.
That symbol is perhaps older than you think. It's the mark of An (Sumerian), or Anu (later Akkadian), the supreme God and prime mover in creation. He is the first and most distant ancestor, the God of Heaven. All the deities were the offspring of An and his consort Ki, thus the Anunnaki (Akkadian form of An, which represents ANU + NA (of, and, house of, temple of, etc.) KI) arose. Ki later became cognant with "earth or land below" and later still this symbol was adopted by Ianna. Two later groups that adopted a similar eight pointed star were the Freemasons and the Catholic Church. Both these groups feature this symbol prominently, and it may point to a belief in the old Sun gods as well.
The actual cuneiform character is called DINGIR AN, with dingir meaning "sky god, or heavens deity". I prefer sky gods, and yes, these are the same as the Annunaki of the Bible and the sky gods of the ancient alien theorists.

So is this the symbol that appears on the watches/bracelets of Sumerian art? Or what are those representing?

Paracelsus

Reactions
@KorbenDallas, @CyborgNinja,

I don't remember the exact YouTube video I watched, but I recently learned that the Templar Cross is 8 pointed. It ties into both the rosette/rosy croix/Rosicrucian and Ishtar, Anu, Jupiter symbology.
The 8 Pointed Star of the Anunnaki

Jordan Maxwell has some pretty interesting videos on Astrotheology being the "oldest religion."

I'll admit that when I looked at the Templar, Celtic, Coptic, or Maltese crosses I didn't look at them with enough discernment. There is a universe of hidden symbolism within them.

Jim Duyer

Reactions
So is this the symbol that appears on the watches/bracelets of Sumerian art? Or what are those representing?
Yes, it's the same as the clock-like representation on their "watches". I believe that deep-down it is their way to sneer at their cattle (us) by hiding in plain site the fact that most of the powers that be worship the Sun as the one and only god, and that they were able to BS the rest of us with the elaborate story that we have been feed since children. Either Mesopotamian (Freemasons) or Egyptian (Catholic) version leads to the same conclusion.

Additionally, if you take a short stick version of the Cross (+) and then strike it out with an x (X) you arrive at the same combined symbol, one that is featured on the UN pages, some major companies, and anywhere that they have decided to flaunt their control/power over the rest of us. Children were bought/sold as slaves, taken for sacrifices, and made into child "brides" of both sexes in those times, and we see the same thing today with the paedophilic rich and filthy.